PDA

View Full Version : Help with a song

Jens
2010-Mar-06, 08:50 AM
I can't remember a song, and it is kind of annoying. I'm sort of doubtful I can get any help because I don't remember it all that well. The best I can is this:

Somehow it reminds me of I Know It by Madonna (the chorus), but not that much. I don't know who sang it, but it's definitely not any of the bands I usually listen to. I don't even know what style it is. I was thinking maybe something like Guns and Roses, but on the other hand it could be a female.

What I remember is that it's a kind of slow song, and the chorus starts with a shouted word, that may be "SHOOT," but it could be something else. It's like the music fades out for four beats on the measure before the chorus starts, and the first beat of the first measure in the chorus is a shouted word. It could also be something like "HEY!" And I have a feeling that more than one person is singing the word together. Actually, come to think about it, the word might not fall on the first beat. It may be anticipating it, like on the upbeat of the last beat at the end of the previous measure.

I think the reason it reminds me of the Madonna song is that there's a similarity with the way she sings, "I know you think I'm the foolish ONE".

Sorry, that's about the best I can do. Any ideas?

Delvo
2010-Mar-06, 04:06 PM
A slow song with relatively long pauses in it, but similar to "I Know It"? I'm confuzzled. "I Know It" is quick, light, and bouncy, without significant pauses, so what is the similarity to it, if it's not the pace? Is it the sequence of notes of the melody (going up and down about the same distances, just not at the same pace)? Also, I can't picture how shouting would fit into a slow song. Is the tone soft and light, or heavy and driving...?

hhEb09'1
2010-Mar-06, 05:18 PM
Also, I can't picture how shouting would fit into a slow song. The History of Rock and Roll, Part 2, by Gary Glitter, AKA the Hey! song :)

Jens
2010-Apr-26, 01:54 AM
A month later, I remembered the song! I realize why I couldn't get much help with it. It's actually not an English song, but a Russian song by a singer named Vitas. Called the Зведа (the star).

grapes
2010-Apr-26, 04:58 AM
Thanks for digging this back up Jens, I'll have to look it up.

Jens
2010-Apr-26, 05:18 AM
It's really just Russian pop. But if you want to see it, the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9A1-fxd-hI)is on youtube.