PDA

View Full Version : BAUT Dreams?

LookingSkyward
2010-Mar-10, 09:30 PM
Ok, I know I'm not right in the head, but I spend most of every day staring into a monitor, so I frequently dream computerese.

Last night I dreamed that I posted on BAUT, and then again on FaceBook.

Somehow, my Facebook news feed started piping into the BAUT thread.
ToSeek's avatar was hovering behind me, and in his best Spock voice "Fascinating. (quirk eyebrow). I believe I can limit the incursion to this thread."

Does anyone else have any wierd BAUT dreams?

rommel543
2010-Mar-10, 09:35 PM
Umm no. Being a software developer I can sympathize with the "computerese" dreams. There have been many times that I've had dreams of working on programs that either do amazing things or just worn't work.

Fazor
2010-Mar-10, 09:39 PM
It's TooSeek, I think. Mind control or reinforcing hoaxes or something. I had a dream the other night that I was at a school cafeteria table with all my science geek friends (for the record, none of my friends are really into science). That part, and the people in it, were probably inspired by 'The Big Bang Theory' sitcom, which we had watched just before bed.

But then TooSeek showed up too (looking, of course, like Spock). There was no interaction there, as I had just stood up to go elsewhere (probably racing gocarts down the hall, and turning the corner to end up on a fishing boat...my dreams never have any sane continuity). I just remember thinking "Tooseek probably thinks I don't like him because I left as soon as he sat down!"

... I didn't think much of it until you posted this thread. Now I'm going to have to use the remaining aluminum foil to fashion a sleeping cap for me to wear tonight.

I'm on to you, 'Big Brother'!!!

LookingSkyward
2010-Mar-10, 09:45 PM
Hmm... heading for the foil drawer myself, now....

Provence
2010-Mar-10, 10:21 PM
There have been many times that I've had dreams of working on programs that either do amazing things or just worn't work.

I've had dreams like that too. Then I realize that I'm awake and they're not dreams, they actually happened. More of the second kind than the first.

Tom Servo
2010-Mar-11, 05:01 AM
I think that it is very common for people to have dreams about aspects of their workplace (especialy stressful jobs) - It seems to be an almost universal trait we all share.

I have often had dreams involving work.
I now work as an RN on a medical surgical floor at a hospital.

Recuring themes are.

-I cant get stuff done no matter how freakin hard I try.
-The beeping of IV pumps is constant and maddening.
-Messing up and giving the wrong drug to the wrong patient.
-I can't find out where exactly I'm supposed to be working that night and I'm so late its not funny.
-and my least favorite. Suddenly for no reason all my Patients are dead and I can't remember what has happened, now I'm going to get fired.

Then I am happy when I wake up and realize its just a dream. Extreme releif.:lol:

Coincidently I have dreams of winning the lottery and when I wake up I am extremely dissapointed that it was just a dream.:(

Spoons
2010-Mar-11, 06:02 AM
I used to have lots of dreams involving angry wolves or flying octopi.

I work with neither.

mugaliens
2010-Mar-11, 06:12 AM
No, but while working on a business project in college, I was using Lotus 1-2-3 so much that I dreamed I was programming in 1-2-3.

rommel543
2010-Mar-11, 02:48 PM
No, but while working on a business project in college, I was using Lotus 1-2-3 so much that I dreamed I was programming in 1-2-3.

I think that would be more of a nightmare than a dream. :lol:

The family friendly dreams that I can mention here tend to be quite disjointed, much like Fazor was describing. I've had people tell me that they've realized they were in a dream and were able to control much of what they were seeing. I've never had that ability. Every time that I realize that I'm dreaming I wake up.