PDA

View Full Version : When lives diverge.

RAF_Blackace
2010-Mar-12, 12:18 AM
Not so long ago I was making films and not doing too bad. I had several entered into film festivals and I still have one being shown in Brasil later this year, although I have not won anything yet, I am happy to get the exposure.

For my next film, I am working with a director who has had two releases recognised to the point of being at least mentioned in the Times Newspaper. I was his mentor when we decided to make this collaboration and now he has bettered me so to speak.

Another friend of mine has just announced his new film and the cast. It includes these well known UK actors.

Joanna Lumley, Jack Davenport, Anna Chancellor and Brian Blessed.

Now I am really happy that most of the people with whom I have been happily pursuing what was a hobby, have now become main stream players. But I am somewhat unhappy that I have not made the same breakthrough.

It is my fault though, I spend all of my time making sure my Airport work is superb quality and I have little time for much else. Why do I care about you getting where you want to go so much !

Why am I such an idiot ? If only I was more adventurous maybe that would be me. I will now regret this for the rest of my life.

grapes
2010-Mar-12, 12:27 AM
I will now regret this for the rest of my life.Forget that! Regret now what you do next, get it over with! :)

RAF_Blackace
2010-Mar-12, 12:52 AM
This is Brian recording the soundtrack for the film as only Brian can. Such energy.

http://blackaceproduction.com//Images/BB.jpg

PS: Image is mine and hosted on my own website. Just in case the mods decide to pull me up for using my own material hosted on my own website again LOL.

Oh I feel so low right now. :(

kleindoofy
2010-Mar-12, 01:34 AM
... It is my fault though, I spend all of my time making sure my Airport work is superb quality ...
That's why they say "no risk, no gain."

When I was starting up my business after my studies, I turned down at least six very good job offers with leading companies, each of which would have guaranteed me good pay, vacation time, free weekends, and free evenings.

The first offer was more than twenty years ago. The latest about four years ago.

I decided to do things myself and have been rewarded with a very successful business, albeit with absolutely no vacation time, no free weekends, and no free evenings. Instead of instant security, I spent long years scraping and re-investing every earned penny in the business. It has paid off.

I could have failed. But I didn't. No risk, no gain.

Oh yes, of the six companies mentioned above, four have since disappeared.

If you had really wanted it, you would have done it.

RAF_Blackace
2010-Mar-12, 03:05 AM
If you had really wanted it, you would have done it.

Oh I wanted it. But I have three Children and a wife who needs a secure income. Bummer.

Be single, no kids. live life.

Tensor
2010-Mar-12, 03:22 AM
Oh I wanted it. But I have three Children and a wife who needs a secure income. Bummer.

Bummer, or Gladness? I have a wife and two kids (both now grown). There were things I had started and wanted to do. But, I wouldn't trade the wife or kids for the opportunity to do those things. I'm fortunate that I am able to peruse one of those things (live theatre) as a hobby.

Be single, no kids. live life.

Why can't you live life with a wife and kids? Who knows, you could have chosen the single life and be here regretting the woman who got away.

HenrikOlsen
2010-Mar-12, 11:33 AM
The moment you accept responsibility for another person, the possibilities for risk taking becomes severely limited.
This is part of the pro's and con's that go into that choice.

I love my current situation where I have near freedom to determine how much I want to work, since I'm the only one affected if there's a period with no income. If I can live comfortably on 1-2 days of work a week, including keeping up with paying off all debts while not making new ones, why would I want to work more?
If I was to accept responsibility for another person I'd switch to a full time regular job in an instant.

No regrets, it's part of the whole package.