PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen this 2012 WooWoo garbage?

Coco82
2010-Mar-12, 08:57 PM
Sparky says:
I know a little bit of what 'Dimensional Traveler' was talking about, Drunvalo Melchizedek has spoken with Don Alejandro Cirilo Perez Oxlaj, the President of the Mayan Council of Elders and they also mentioned something about the 'End of Time' beginning October 2007 to 2015 and mentioned it could happen at any point in that time period, not just December 2012. Also i think when Dimensional Traveler said WAKE UP!!! YOU Are All, YOU Are The ON, he/she encountered character limitation, eg 450 letters etc & that it was to read:

WAKE UP!!! YOU Are All, YOU Are The ONE!!!

Peace!
February 7, 7:02 PM
Dimensional Traveller says:
It will happen & there's nothing you can do about it.. The Earth has now entered into a 7 year cycle called "The End of Time" and it began on 'OCTOBER 24, 2007' All of the ancient wisdom traditions have known this and now even the conservative, anal retentive scientists are confirming it, in there own limited way.. .

My advice, try to make peace with yourself and your/the world in which you find yourself.. Make an inner sanctuary and visit it regularly, feel your connection to the Earth and the Cosmos, Creation and the Creator and know that your are, exactly where you need to be.

Become the observer, let the world run on the course that its running but don't get carried by its activity. Stay centered, be at Peace, be a Tower of Light in the Darkness. Allow your reality to merge with the Higher Dimensions, so any transition between them flows naturally, be a Powerful Force of Light and allow your energy to permeate through All of Creation.

WAKE UP!!! YOU Are All, YOU Are The ON

It was from a conversation on this article: http://www.examiner.com/x-2912-Seattle-Exopolitics-Examiner~y2009m4d1-2012-may-bring-the-perfect-storm--solar-flares-systems-collapse

Swift
2010-Mar-12, 09:21 PM
I had not previously seen that particular article that you linked to, but there have been lots of discussion on this forum about 2012. The short answer is that it is all nonsense, with no basis in any facts.

Coco82, I'm guessing by how you've titled this thread that you don't believe it either. If that is correct, did you have a specific question?

Coco82
2010-Mar-12, 09:24 PM
Sory, I was just wondering if the article had nay validity pertaining to the solar slares and all.

R.A.F.
2010-Mar-12, 09:26 PM
...YOU Are The ON...

Why yes I am...thank you for noticing...

I've found it better to be the "on" than to be the "off".

...now what in the heck are you talking about??

Hazzard
2010-Mar-12, 09:28 PM
Good lord,... there simply is no end to this 2012 nonsense. Come 2013 Ill be the one running around banging on doors asking these false prophets for an explanation.

But, as alway when it comes to this stuff.... No one is answering the door.

Maybe they are to buissy comming up with the next "end of the world" date.

NEOWatcher
2010-Mar-12, 09:28 PM
It was from a conversation on this article: http://www.examiner.com/x-2912-Seattle-Exopolitics-Examiner~y2009m4d1-2012-may-bring-the-perfect-storm--solar-flares-systems-collapse

So it was stupid comments in an article's comment section. Just anonymous people saying stupid things.

I'm more interested in them explaining this in the article.

...which details the potential devastation of 2012 solar storms on the current planetary energy grid and because of the inter-linkages of a cybernetic society, on our entire human civilization.

Because of what?

jja
2010-Mar-12, 09:29 PM
It will happen & there's nothing you can do about it..

It may be worth noting here that not a single prediction regarding the "end times" of the world / human civilization has ever come true. Every single one has been a lie. Every one.

The Earth has now entered into a 7 year cycle called "The End of Time" and it began on 'OCTOBER 24, 2007' All of the ancient wisdom traditions have known this...

Name three.

...and now even the conservative, anal retentive scientists are confirming it, in there own limited way...

Name one.

My advice, try to make peace with yourself and your/the world in which you find yourself.. Make an inner sanctuary and visit it regularly, feel your connection to the Earth and the Cosmos, Creation and the Creator and know that your are, exactly where you need to be.

I can't argue too much with this, I guess.

Become the observer, let the world run on the course that its running but don't get carried by its activity. Stay centered, be at Peace, be a Tower of Light in the Darkness. Allow your reality to merge with the Higher Dimensions, so any transition between them flows naturally, be a Powerful Force of Light and allow your energy to permeate through All of Creation.

May I add to this that you may want to indulge in a certain amount of healthy skepticism? It saves you from learning an awful lot of things that aren't true. Just saying.

WAKE UP!!! YOU Are All, YOU Are The ON

Perhaps this person meant "You're the only one likely to fall for this?"

Is it poor form for me to note the date on this article?

R.A.F.
2010-Mar-12, 09:38 PM
Maybe they are to busy coming up with the next "end of the world" date.

That's (more or less) what's going to happen...I imagine the next "doomsday date" to be somewhere around 2017...5 years gives 'em enough time to spread more fear and sell some more books.

Coco82
2010-Mar-12, 09:39 PM
I'm sorry for posting the ** quotes. I was wwondering about the article though. Is it also **?

Gillianren
2010-Mar-12, 09:44 PM
Glancing at it, I'm not sure how much I'd trust anything on that entire website.

Swift
2010-Mar-12, 09:58 PM
I'm sorry for posting the ** quotes. I was wwondering about the article though. Is it also **?
There is nothing to be sorry about. It was just unclear if you were advocating these ideas or had questions about them, and which particular points you were interested in.

Sory, I was just wondering if the article had nay validity pertaining to the solar slares and all.
As far as solar flares are concerned - yes they happen, and they sometimes can be big. Yes, big flares can have impacts on our civilization, such as interfering with satellites, harming astronauts, and even causing some disruptions in communications or electrical power distribution. Yes, those can have economic impacts and people have taken measures to deal with those and probably more could be done. But they would not lead to the end of civilization, and they certainly wouldn't lead to the destruction of life on Earth. The Sun has been flaring for billions of years and it hasn't destroyed us yet.

The sun goes through a cycle, usually called the Solar Cycle. Around the peak of that cycle, there is often an increase in the intensity and number of flares. If you look at this chart (http://www.sec.noaa.gov/SolarCycle/sunspot.gif) you can see where we currently are (near the bottom of the cycle) and how it is projected to go forward. And the peak is NOT in 2012, but more likely in late 2013 / early 2014.

So much for the end of the world in 2012.

Bobbar
2010-Mar-12, 09:59 PM
Well, the first thousand or so predictions for the end of the world have all been hog wash. Even without taking the falsehoods of the 2012 predictions into consideration, I think it's a safe gamble to say that we will all be just fine come 12:01:01 1/1/2012...

Previous predictions:
http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm

jja
2010-Mar-12, 10:00 PM

It smells like it to me. Alfred Lambremont Webre, the article's author, seems to enjoy writing nonsense about UFOs, faking the moon landings, and others claims that have been debunked on this board and elsewhere. His MO seems to be the stringing together of actual facts with unsubstantiated claims and speculation.

You may want to read this article as a counterpoint to Mr. Webre's claims: http://www.universetoday.com/2008/06/21/2012-no-killer-solar-flare/

That's (more or less) what's going to happen...I imagine the next "doomsday date" to be somewhere around 2017...5 years gives 'em enough time to spread more fear and sell some more books.

Perhaps a period of time between 2017 and 2023. That gives them a greater leeway for jamming untoward events into the 'prophecy' and also adds the 17/23 numerology that appeared in the works of Robert Anton Wilson.

I, for one, am glad that I will not be alive in 2112. I understand that the planets of the Solar Federation will suffer a tumultuous revolt.

Coco82
2010-Mar-12, 10:06 PM
Thank you very much jja.

Hazzard
2010-Mar-12, 10:10 PM
Yes, thats why being a "retroprophet" is better.

Its alot easier to shoehorne the event to fit a "prophecy" AFTER an event.

KaiYeves
2010-Mar-13, 02:53 AM
And any second now, we're going to get The Big List...

2010-Mar-13, 03:16 AM
And any second now, we're going to get The Big List...

This space reserved.

Edit: I'll make it indirect for now: article featuring the list (http://www.bautforum.com/small-media-large/98656-2012-war-souls.html#post1650390) Please don't make me post the whole thing. Next occurrence makes topic number 100. I hope it's a worthy topic.

May I say how nice it is that the need seems to have dropped of late? The last one was about 10 weeks ago.

karlobie
2010-Mar-13, 03:24 AM
I'm fine with there being an end of world conspiracy theory.. COOL! but can we get some consistency? is it a black hole? is it a monster meteor? is it cern pressing the wrong button ? is it a fail star (A.K.A. brown dwarf?) is it god returning a flying spaghetti monster reclaiming the juice?... my question to you, at this crucial 2 year mark is IS THERE ANY <dang> PROOF FOR ANY ONE OF THESE!?

Swift
2010-Mar-13, 04:09 AM
Hi karlobie, welcome to BAUT. Short answer, no, there is no proof of any of those.

Now, I'll put my moderator hat on - please watch the language, we try to keep things child / net-nanny friendly around here. Thanks

Torch2k
2010-Mar-13, 04:55 AM
Can we get some consistency?

Nope. Never. Consistency would take all the fun out of it.

Aside from variety being the spice of life, the more potholes you claim are in the roadway, the more likely you can convince someone that the car will hit one of them. The 2012 stuff reads more and more like Death from the Skies every day (except that purveyors insist our end is imminent).

I believe our planet will be eaten by an enormous mutant star goat, myself.

Tom Servo
2010-Mar-13, 05:43 AM
Thanks for the list Bobbar.

I love reading how many times we really dodged a bullet there.

my prediction for the end of the world.
in probably year 2502. By this time we have colonized the moon and now great cities have been transported from earth to the moon. this throws off the gravitational orbit of the moon and its orbit decays. Crashing into earth unexpectedly. Or was it unexpected. After all a few true beleivers uncovered this very post from this forum on the now obsolete ancient internet and tried to warn everyone by blogging about it (on whatever futuristic up to date medium everyone will communicate on). But the poor future sheeple didn't listen.

Maybe:confused:

Starfury
2010-Mar-13, 02:29 PM
I, for one, am glad that I will not be alive in 2112. I understand that the planets of the Solar Federation will suffer a tumultuous revolt.

Yeah, Rush FTW!!

The first line in the OP about the Mayan Council of Elders is total rubbish. To a man, the modern day descendents of the Mayans say that their ancestors never predicted the end of the world, and, in fact, are pretty annoyed that all this garbage is being pinned on them.

KaiYeves
2010-Mar-13, 09:19 PM
May I say how nice it is that the need seems to have dropped of late? The last one was about 10 weeks ago.
I know! I guess I was wrong when I said it seemed impossible to go a week without a 2012 thread!

Celestial Mechanic
2010-Mar-14, 06:20 AM
Good lord, ... there simply is no end to this 2012 nonsense. Come 2013 I'll be the one running around banging on doors asking these false prophets for an explanation.

But, as alway when it comes to this stuff.... No one is answering the door. Maybe they are too busy coming up with the next "end of the world" date.You got the right idea, but most of these false prophets will probably be safe somewhere in the Cayman Islands with their bank accounts, if you catch my drift.

And as I've noted elsewhere, there are plenty of possible doomsdates ahead, such as the dates of various close approaches of Apophis, Comet Swift-Tuttle and Isaac Newton's date for the Last Judgment in 2060. The woo will always be with us! :cry:

Hazzard
2010-Mar-14, 08:46 PM
You got the right idea, but most of these false prophets will probably be safe somewhere in the Cayman Islands with their bank accounts, if you catch my drift.

And as I've noted elsewhere, there are plenty of possible doomsdates ahead, such as the dates of various close approaches of Apophis, Comet Swift-Tuttle and Isaac Newton's date for the Last Judgment in 2060. The woo will always be with us! :cry:

As I see it, there is only ONE end of the world... When our Sun goes bye bye, some 5 billion years from now.

Astronomers even think it will swallow up the Earth... but even if the Earth survives, the intense heat from the red sun will scorch our planet and make it completely impossible for life to survive.

jja
2010-Mar-14, 11:06 PM
As I see it, there is only ONE end of the world... When our Sun goes bye bye, some 5 billion years from now.

Five BILLION? Whew, what a relief! I thought you said five million! %?)

It is possible to predict the end of Earth's habitability by humans via our knowledge of physical law. We might in fact nail the right period, give or take a few million years. There are other possible scenarios by which human civilization might end, anthropogenic or otherwise (Dr. Plait covered some of the latter in his most recent book (http://www.amazon.com/Death-Skies-These-Ways-World/dp/0670019976)) but few of these permit pinning down an exact year.

What does seem to be proven by now is that ancient prophecies, and castles of theorizing built thereupon, have an extremely poor track record at predicting the end of humanity, no matter how many bricks of scientific fact they try to incorporate. It seems also that the more they strive to provide an exact date for the end of everything, the funnier they get.

sauron
2010-Mar-15, 02:23 AM
Dimensional Traveller says:
It will happen & there's nothing you can do about it..

So why worry about it then? That only gives ulcers.

My advice, try to make peace with yourself and your/the world in which you find yourself.. Make an inner sanctuary and visit it regularly...

Its sad some people need the fear of an end of world event to figure this one out. Shouldn't people strive for this everyday in everyone's own personal way and belief system. So I take it Dimensional Traveller thinks that were it not the end of the world we should be detached from reality, aggressive, unbalanced and high on something?

Sardonicone
2010-Mar-15, 03:00 AM

Astronomers even think it will swallow up the Earth... but even if the Earth survives, the intense heat from the red sun will scorch our planet and make it completely impossible for life to survive.

It will be sooner than that. In about 1 billions years, the sun will be so hot to support liquid water on the surface of our planet anymore, thus the oceans will boil away and we'll be Venus 2.0. Even the gaia hypothesis doesn't have a work-around for the total solar radiation we'll be receiving at that point.

Spoons
2010-Mar-15, 04:16 AM
So I take it Dimensional Traveller thinks that were it not the end of the world we should be detached from reality, aggressive, unbalanced and high on something?
Ok, I need clarification - is the world going to end soon or not?

Knife and syringe or healing crystals and fluffy bunny rabbits? Which is it?

You make a good point sauron. It seems quite a worry to base the direction of ones life on something like this.

sauron
2010-Mar-15, 07:44 AM
Ok, I need clarification - is the world going to end soon or not?

Well the IPv4 range of addresses seems to be running out by 2012. Maybe that's what the Mayans were talking about all along?

Marko S
2010-Mar-15, 10:47 AM
Well the IPv4 range of addresses seems to be running out by 2012. Maybe that's what the Mayans were talking about all along?

I have heard that we all will ascend to a new level of existence called "IPv6".

Of course, only those with A Pure Heart will ascend :lol:

NEOWatcher
2010-Mar-15, 02:03 PM
Previous predictions:
http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm

So the next date predicted is in 2016 by a group of settlers that couldn't even predict thier own demise. :rolleyes:

sauron
2010-Mar-15, 02:46 PM
So the next date predicted is in 2016 by a group of settlers that couldn't even predict thier own demise. :rolleyes:

Well if you take the time to read a bit down you'll realize they don't even get Christ's birth date right

7 BC—The year Jesus Christ was born (11,006 years from creation).

33 AD—The year Jesus Christ was crucified and the church age began (11,045 years from creation).

I'm not very versed in Christianity, but isn't BC supposed to stand for Before Christ. How is it he's born 7 years before? And if he was crucified in 33AD that would mean he was 40 years old. Contrary to the generally understood age of 32-33. Right?

How can you build a house if you can't even find the zero on the measuring tape?

slang
2010-Mar-15, 03:22 PM
I have heard that we all will ascend to a new level of existence called "IPv6".

Of course, only those with A Pure Heart will ascend :lol:

Hah.. you can maybe pull that one on some nerdy IT forum but we experienced folks here won't fall for that!

IPv4 was a primitive government attempt to track your address. But since critical people often get banned on forums (by government shills) the amount of IPs is dwindling rapidly, thus risking exposure of the entire scheme. For a while they thought they could get away with NAT to limit the problem, but hey, National Address Translation kind of gives away the government involvement. Besides, it is used mostly in routers.. well where do you think they route it to, huh?

Wasn't IPv4 about to run out in 2003? With that Lieder woman telling everyone to kill their computers? Or something?

So now they are forcing IPv6 down our throat, which is much more advanced, which you can easily see from the amount of data encoded in the new mystery strings. With all those letters, they probably store a code of your DNA. And when combined with MAC, which has the name included in the string... we're toast, man... toast!

NEOWatcher
2010-Mar-15, 03:29 PM
Well if you take the time to read a bit down you'll realize they don't even get Christ's birth date right
I was speaking of the Donner party, not the website or others on it.

I'm not very versed in Christianity, but isn't BC supposed to stand for Before Christ.
The problem isn't in the religion, but in the multiple changes of calendars since then.

Gillianren
2010-Mar-15, 05:58 PM

Note the source on that one, though.

No; modern scholarship suggests 4 BC.

I'm not very versed in Christianity, but isn't BC supposed to stand for Before Christ. How is it he's born 7 years before? And if he was crucified in 33AD that would mean he was 40 years old. Contrary to the generally understood age of 32-33. Right?

How can you build a house if you can't even find the zero on the measuring tape?

Leaving aside that there's no zero on the calendar, your problem is that you're assuming they said, as I believe Cecil Adams put it, "Truly, this man was the Son of God. Let's renumber the calendar." In fact, the new calendar wasn't settled until about 500 years later, by Dionysus Exiguus. Of course, we don't know for sure when he was born or died, either.

NEOWatcher
2010-Mar-15, 06:22 PM
Note the source on that one, though.
Good point. I skipped right over that.
I just thought it was bad enough for its own merits.

JayUtah
2010-Mar-15, 08:24 PM

I'm not very versed in Christianity, but isn't BC supposed to stand for Before Christ.

The secular CE and BCE correspond to the Christian AD and BC, respectively. We retain the calendrical basis even when its religious origin is irrelevant.

The calendar was fixed very early, without sufficient scholarship to determine the strength of its origin. In order to avoid confusion, both the Christian calendar and the secular derivative maintain the base year, even though subsequent scholarship has refined the notion of the year of Jesus' birth.

You can put the measuring tape anywhere you want, as long as you don't wiggle it and as long as you know that the studs are still 16 inches apart regardless of what numbers you use on the tape.

KaiYeves
2010-Mar-16, 01:22 AM
You make a good point sauron. It seems quite a worry to base the direction of ones life on something like this.
Indeed. You shouldn't have to believe doom is coming to live a good life.

Just smile, hold a door, and share some pie.

raindeer
2010-Mar-23, 12:13 PM
All the people who spout this rubbish about 2012 are going to wake up on dec 22nd feeling very silly.And all the people who made lots of money out of scaring folks half to death will have to get a real job..

Grashtel
2010-Mar-23, 01:08 PM
All the people who spout this rubbish about 2012 are going to wake up on dec 22nd feeling very silly.And all the people who made lots of money out of scaring folks half to death will have to get a real job..
Well the first part may be mostly right. The second part isn't, they will just pick a new date, there are lots of possible dates for The End Of The World As We Know It, if nothing else Planet X could make a second run after its failed attempt at destroying Earth in 2003 (well depending on who you believe, some claim it succeeded :doh: ).

Space Chimp
2010-Mar-23, 01:20 PM
And all the people who made lots of money out of scaring folks half to death will have to get a real job..

Sadly, there's always a new generation of marks coming down the pike, who will buy this Doomsday from space drivel hook, line and sinker. It only requires a little repackaging. I think out of an excess of anxiety or astronomical ignorance, some folks are just pre-disposed to believe this nonsense.

raindeer
2010-Mar-23, 01:49 PM
Yeh i guess your right about the second part of what i said.They will just pick another date out of the hat and away we go again.

Spoons
2010-Mar-24, 02:46 AM
Since they base this junk on (sometimes fabricated) orbital objects they can always just revert to the next orbital cycle.

My theory differs from theirs though - dijon mustard will destroy the world.

LaurelHS
2010-Mar-24, 02:58 AM
But is regular yellow mustard still safe to eat?

Spoons
2010-Mar-24, 03:39 AM
American and English - yes. The Mayans were also very wary of dijonaisse, due to it's mayanaisse content.

Geo Kaplan
2010-Mar-24, 04:15 AM
American and English - yes. The Mayans were also very wary of dijonaisse, due to it's mayanaisse content.

! :)

Starfury
2010-Mar-24, 11:52 PM
The only way the world is going to end on 12/21/2012 is if Chuck Norris and The Most Interesting Man In The World meet on that day. :lol:

Spoons
2010-Mar-25, 02:32 AM
Sadly I have a prior engagement.

Nowhere Man
2010-Mar-25, 05:42 AM
Chuck Norris will just flex his eyebrows, and Niburu/Planet X/whatever will hightail it back to the outer solar system.

Fred

Sardonicone
2010-Mar-25, 10:45 PM
Isn't Planet X just one of Chuck Norris' bowl movements?

Tom Servo
2010-Mar-26, 06:42 AM
I think your right about that.

We shouldnt be worried though. All Chuck has to do to save us it get in the push up position and move the earth out of the path of planet X.

Spoons
2010-Mar-26, 06:47 AM
Yes, his orbiting bowel produce will skip off the rippling muscles on the back of his 150 year old body, like lego off a tonka truck.

Weltraum
2010-Mar-26, 07:58 AM
I never thought I'd see a BAUT thread descend into Chuck Norris jokes!!

It makes me wonder: How many people here are familiar with that concept called Barrens Chat?

CJSF
2010-Mar-26, 01:03 PM
Facts. Chuck Norris FACTS. ;)

CJSF

Nowhere Man
2010-Mar-26, 02:54 PM
FACT: All this stuff about Chuck Norris being a super-being is a JOKE.

(It MUST be TRUE because I said it in CAPITAL LETTERS. :) )

Fred

Swift
2010-Mar-26, 05:00 PM
I never thought I'd see a BAUT thread descend into Chuck Norris jokes!!

Nothing much surprises me anymore.

In any case, I think this has passed from "mildly amusing" into "way off course". I'm closing this thread. You should know what to do if you'd like to change that.