PDA

View Full Version : movie-2012

suntrack2
2010-Mar-15, 05:33 PM
When I was passing through one highway, on the nearby wall there was a poster which was doing advertisement of the movie "2012". I asked to one curious person there who also watching that poster, he replied that in 2012 the world may come in jeopardy as per the mian (egyptian) calender. a rocky star may struck in 2012.

I told him nothing will happen in the year 2012, this is a movie, and they make the stories more popular by choosing such heading of the movies, to run it for a big business on the screen.

But I told him that apofis will surpass through the longer peripherry beyond some 50000 km from earth and that big asteriod may hamper electronic system on the earth in a very little quantum, he said how? I told him that if that asteriod leave its control and earth allow it to enter it's orbit then it will start to burn and will downsize and the gravity in the pacific ocean will honour that asteriod in it's stomach, nothing will happen.

He was laughing at me, I told him, don't worry, nasa can better control outerior asteriods if they starts to enter into earth's orbit, nasa may immidiately change the course of asteroid and can better protect earth, because the nasa is only the medium which is capable to handle such asteriod borned crisis. He said how? I said him that I will ask to my friends first and they will tell me and then latter I will tell you, till then I said him good bye. :)

Argos
2010-Mar-15, 05:47 PM
He was laughing at me, I told him, don't worry, nasa can better control outerior asteriods if they starts to enter into earth's orbit, nasa may immidiately change the course of asteroid and can better protect earth, because the nasa is only the medium which is capable to handle such asteriod borned crisis. He said how? I said him that I will ask to my friends first and they will tell me and then latter I will tell you, till then I said him good bye. :)

Sunil, nobody has the technology to divert asteroids. Nothing in this respect has ever been tried yet.

You can tell your friend that the probability of Apophis colliding with the Earth iin the future s rather small [and definitely null in 2012]

NEOWatcher
2010-Mar-15, 05:47 PM
I told him that if that asteriod leave its control and earth allow it to enter it's orbit then it will start to burn and will downsize and the gravity in the pacific ocean will honour that asteriod in it's stomach, nothing will happen.
It's already been determined that will not happen, the orbit is very well studied.

He was laughing at me, I told him, don't worry, nasa can better control outerior asteriods if they starts to enter into earth's orbit, nasa may immidiately change the course of asteroid and can better protect earth, because the nasa is only the medium which is capable to handle such asteriod borned crisis.
Nope; not even NASA has the technology to do that. (yet).

redshifter
2010-Mar-15, 05:48 PM
When I was passing through one highway, on the nearby wall there was a poster which was doing advertisement of the movie "2012". I asked to one curious person there who also watching that poster, he replied that in 2012 the world may come in jeopardy as per the mian (egyptian) calender. a rocky star may struck in 2012.

Egyptian or Myan? Two different cultures, two different continents.

What is a 'rocky star'?

But I told him that apofis will surpass through the longer peripherry beyond some 50000 km from earth and that big asteriod may hamper electronic system on the earth in a very little quantum, he said how? I told him that if that asteriod leave its control and earth allow it to enter it's orbit then it will start to burn and will downsize and the gravity in the pacific ocean will honour that asteriod in it's stomach, nothing will happen.

How does NASA control an asteriod, and how would NASA 'immediately' change the course of an asteriod? If NASA can do those things, they haven't exactly been forthcoming about it.

NEOWatcher
2010-Mar-15, 06:24 PM
What is a 'rocky star'?
Sylvester Stallone.