PDA

View Full Version : Lost threads?

gzhpcu
2010-Mar-25, 12:38 PM
Been looking for a thread called, as I remember, "show your art thread". Seeked and can't find it. Did it disappear? :confused:

grapes
2010-Mar-25, 12:45 PM
http://www.bautforum.com/off-topic-babbling/75016-share-your-art-thread.html

Maybe we should change the title of this thread? :)

Fazor
2010-Mar-25, 02:18 PM
I've noticed that it's neigh impossible to find threads that are titled with all small words, as anything three characters or less won't be searched, and even words more than three characters but still short tend to be "too common" and also get left out.

searching "The Show Your Art Thread" would likely at best only search for the words "Show" and "thread". Thread would probably be too common. And show, as pre-dried-raisins pointed out, should be "share".

. . . have I mentioned I'm not fond of the search feature on vB? :)

slang
2010-Mar-25, 02:27 PM
I'd say the first place to look for a Lost thread would be in SMaL.

Fazor
2010-Mar-25, 02:45 PM
I'd say the first place to look for a Lost thread would be in SMaL.
boooooo! :)

grapes
2010-Mar-25, 03:14 PM
I found it by looking for threads started by Boo in OTB. :)

HOWEVER

Doing the google search (upper right corner), over the bautforum, for "your art" came up with this thread as the number one return, that thread as the number two.

gzhpcu
2010-Mar-25, 04:48 PM
http://www.bautforum.com/off-topic-babbling/75016-share-your-art-thread.html

Maybe we should change the title of this thread? :)

Thanks!:wall:

In my defense, the search function ignored the keyword "art" because it was too short...

ToSeek
2010-Mar-29, 03:57 AM
I found it by looking for threads started by Boo in OTB. :)

HOWEVER

Doing the google search (upper right corner), over the bautforum, for "your art" came up with this thread as the number one return, that thread as the number two.

The built-in search engine understands the structure of the forum (threads, posts, etc.) but has significant limitations on what it can search for. The Google search is much more powerful but doesn't understand structure, which causes a different set of problems.