PDA

View Full Version : M-forming

Durakken
2010-Mar-31, 02:08 AM
i don't know if this is against the mainstream or not...

Also i think the name is kinda weird... but so would various other names i can think of...

M-forming I mean... creating a new livable universe... as in creating a new universe with the conditions we find preferable.

This seems like it would be necessary the longer we survive in the universe as our universe pulls itself apart... my question is...

How likely is it that this is even possible? And how might this be done?

WayneFrancis
2010-Mar-31, 03:34 AM
Are you asking how easy it would be to create another universe conducive to life then go there to escape a "big rip"?

I suspect that if we get the ability to create other universes to our liking that our big rip won't be a problem.

I.E. that same level of technology would probably be able to control cosmic inflation.

And if you are talking about "m-class" like M-class planets then that is a fictitious classification in star trek.

Durakken
2010-Mar-31, 03:47 AM
I'm pretty sure i'm clear i'm talking about another universe considering i use the word "a new livable universe"

The M part come from M-theory or membrane theory... it's as good a name as uniforming or verseforming or anything else i can think of.

Are you sure about that? Cosmic inflation could be harder to control than causing the precisely right impact of 2 membranes to cause a universe of our liking...kinda like we know it's possible to create a terraformed planet of our liking by manipulating individual atoms, but that takes a lot more work over a short period of time (work outside our capabilities) than it would to manipulate the overall conditions to cause our wanted conditions in the long term.

WayneFrancis
2010-Mar-31, 04:08 AM
I'm pretty sure i'm clear i'm talking about another universe considering i use the word "a new livable universe"

The M part come from M-theory or membrane theory... it's as good a name as uniforming or verseforming or anything else i can think of.

Are you sure about that? Cosmic inflation could be harder to control than causing the precisely right impact of 2 membranes to cause a universe of our liking...kinda like we know it's possible to create a terraformed planet of our liking by manipulating individual atoms, but that takes a lot more work over a short period of time (work outside our capabilities) than it would to manipulate the overall conditions to cause our wanted conditions in the long term.

Ah M-theory....got you. M-theory is not really a "theory" I'm not sure I'd put it as even a mathematical hypothesis.

Even if you create the universe...how would one get to the new universe? How does one identify when the created universe is in a state ready to populate?

Am I sure? Not at all but since it is all complete speculation I'll say the 2 are on the same order of magnitude of difficulty

Durakken
2010-Mar-31, 05:37 AM
Even if you create the universe...how would one get to the new universe? How does one identify when the created universe is in a state ready to populate?

If I knew that i wouldn't have asked the first 2 questions and people would likely be asking me for details and how i figure this out lol

Am I sure? Not at all but since it is all complete speculation I'll say the 2 are on the same order of magnitude of difficulty

Well, no, considering I've heard scientists say it is theoretically possible to create a universe in your basement... this would indicate it takes a relatively small amount of energy to do and even more it would be a one time cost every few trillion years when the new universe was having problems... while managing the cosmic inflation would require exponential increase of energy as time goes on... so the magnitude of difficulty is as different as 1 and infinity lol

astromark
2010-Mar-31, 08:15 AM
Lets just be clear... If you think that a Universe could be programed in, or built. Created by intelligence you are in the wrong thread... If you could harness the energies required for Universe building... You would need a Universe sized chunk of stuff... or energy... where do you think its stored ?
The full moon was yesterday.... This is NOT mainstream science, is it ?

Durakken
2010-Mar-31, 10:57 AM
Lets just be clear... If you think that a Universe could be programed in, or built. Created by intelligence you are in the wrong thread...

Wow, that's a total fail on you. Not only is that what I think, that's pretty much what all the astrophysics say is possible if super-string theory and all like that is shown to be right. Oh and you are referring to the forum or sub-forum not the thread and the note of "i don't know if this isn't against the mainstream", largely because this stuff isn't proven yet, but it is main stream science.

If you could harness the energies required for Universe building...You would need a Universe sized chunk of stuff... or energy... where do you think its stored ?

So now you can make unsubstantiated claims when all the proof is in the opposite direction?

Good job, wrong on every point you tried to make.

astromark
2010-Mar-31, 11:37 AM
i don't know if this is against the mainstream or not...

Also i think the name is kinda weird... but so would various other names i can think of...

M-forming I mean... creating a new livable universe... as in creating a new universe with the conditions we find preferable.

This seems like it would be necessary the longer we survive in the universe as our universe pulls itself apart... my question is...

How likely is it that this is even possible? And how might this be done?

Yes it most certainly is ATM.
I know you said Universe and repeated that...but do you mean Solar system. Planet Earth and Humanity do not need a Universe, Galaxy, Just the one star and the one planet will do... For Humanity to prevail we might need to move out of this Solar System. Building a new one is not a well reasoned argument.
The Universe is not pulling itself apart. It is expanding. All of the mass still will be there.
Could it be done ? No.
How ? Not possible.
and now... For some thing different;
Where are you going to build this new Universe.
We are inside of this one. We know of no place outside of it.
What are you going to use.
We know of no library, or parts department.
You are asking the impossible, and might I add. That the scientists that were herd to say you could build a Universe in your garage... No.
If you want to argue that point go talk to some CERN physicist... or any physics lecturer...
Its turtles all the way down... Find and read Stephen Hawkins 'A brief history of time' It will help.
Be careful attacking my point of view. I am attempting to save you embarrassment.
Humanity may not ever be able to build a Universe... Thats not a unreasonable statement.

Durakken
2010-Mar-31, 11:54 AM
The Universe is not pulling itself apart. It is expanding. All of the mass still will be there.

The most accepted hypothesis currently is that the expansion will continue to grow and eventually pull apart all matter and make it impossible for matter to come together. So 2 options are there. We either figure out how to cancel it out or move to another universe that doesn't have this problem.

Could it be done ? No.

Science and logic; It would be great if you would use it.

How ? Not possible.
and now... For some thing different;
Where are you going to build this new Universe.
We are inside of this one. We know of no place outside of it.
What are you going to use.
We know of no library, or parts department.
You are asking the impossible, and might I add. That the scientists that were herd to say you could build a Universe in your garage... No.
If you want to argue that point go talk to some CERN physicist... or any physics lecturer...
Its turtles all the way down... Find and read Stephen Hawkins 'A brief history of time' It will help.
Be careful attacking my point of view. I am attempting to save you embarrassment.

Yeah apparently you aren't able to grasp the concept of what is being talked about and is part of the reason there needs to be better terminology for these words. Universe both refers to a membrane and all things. Reasoning would tell you I am referring to the membrane that we live in that is generally referred to as the entire universe which it isn't according to current hypothesis/theories.

Humanity may not ever be able to build a Universe... Thats not a unreasonable statement.

No, that is not an unreasonable statement. this:

Could it be done ? No.

...is. Do you know what the difference is?