PDA

View Full Version : It's (like) summer -- yay!

Buttercup
2010-Mar-31, 03:59 PM
The weather is warm and sunny, I've got "Life's Just Beachy" and other surf/Hawaiian style decorations up (hanging from a ceiling hook or sticking on the windows), pineapple and lime flavored soft drinks cooling in the 'fridge for stargazing, am planning our first hot dog roast, wearing flip-flops round the clock again, breaking out my Hippie/'60s style handbag (hearts, birds, "hug a tree," Love, peace symbols, Be Nice, stars). My summer 2010 fragrance will be Bath & Body's Sweet Pea Forever, with its truly lovely scent and gorgeous '60s-style packaging. I've also (today) purchased a really cute Alice In Wonderland tea set, which comes packaged like a retro lunchbox.

We've 5 months of summer ahead (yeah I know this is technically still spring).

Life is GOOD. :D

Fazor
2010-Mar-31, 04:09 PM
Agreed! It's a double-edged sword; with the weather being nice, it's lawn-care season again. Went home and worked outside for a few hours after leaving work yesterday. On the plus side, we also grilled out (hamburgers, yum!) for the first time this season. Yesterday was just mowing (twice to cut it down to length without overburdening the mower), and cleared out the side gardens. Tonight will be the trimming and probably start on the front gardens. Sometime this week; possibly Friday, I need to borrow my dad's tiller and clear a spot for our vegetable garden. Then there's some lattice on the deck that needs replaced. The deck needs painted again this year. The front porch needs painted. I need to put in some drainage tubes alongside our sidewalk. Some additional landscaping would be nice. Mulching will come in a few weeks. House needs power washed.

. . . wait, can we go back to winter? :)

rommel543
2010-Mar-31, 04:18 PM
We still have snow in some shaded areas. Not quite the happy happy warm and sunny here yet.

Buttercup
2010-Mar-31, 04:46 PM
Agreed! It's a double-edged sword; with the weather being nice, it's lawn-care season again. Went home and worked outside for a few hours after leaving work yesterday. On the plus side, we also grilled out (hamburgers, yum!) for the first time this season. Yesterday was just mowing (twice to cut it down to length without overburdening the mower), and cleared out the side gardens. Tonight will be the trimming and probably start on the front gardens. Sometime this week; possibly Friday, I need to borrow my dad's tiller and clear a spot for our vegetable garden. Then there's some lattice on the deck that needs replaced. The deck needs painted again this year. The front porch needs painted. I need to put in some drainage tubes alongside our sidewalk. Some additional landscaping would be nice. Mulching will come in a few weeks. House needs power washed.

. . . wait, can we go back to winter? :)

:lol: Looks like plenty of work ahead for you. That's one of the fortunate things of living in this climate: There's not much grass! A garden huh? I've considered trying for a small garden...but we have water restrictions.

No we are NOT going back to winter. ;)

Husband and I will take a road trip around August to SoCal. I want to see the Pacific Ocean again; it's been so long. Never been to Calif before and it's time!

And I've already got my Summer Read picked out; a book I've been intending to read for years: The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test. :D

The Backroad Astronomer
2010-Mar-31, 07:47 PM
Almost time to stop using the wood stoves and all the work involved with that and it might be the last year using wood as the heat source in the house. Time to do stuff outdoors and already started doing that.

Bluevision
2010-Mar-31, 09:47 PM
Apparently it's going to feel like 32 this weekend. SWEET!!!

I actually don't know if there's anything better than that for a 4-day weekend and lead into spring. Will definitely be dusting off my shorts tomorrow :)

sarongsong
2010-Mar-31, 11:36 PM
...one of the fortunate things of living in this climate: There's not much grass!...:doh:
Coruscant (pronounced /ˈkɒrəsɑːnt/) is a planet in the fictional Star Wars universe. It first appeared on screen in Return of the Jedi...
- wiki