PDA

View Full Version : Forum keywords (or whatever)

DonM435
2010-Apr-03, 12:05 AM
I used to be able to patrticipate at the office, but now (as of 2 April) our electronic armor says you're a "games" site, and hence, verboten.

I don't know how this stuff works, but did someone change something in your abstract to stress this aspect?

2010-Apr-03, 12:25 AM
I used to be able to patrticipate at the office, but now (as of 2 April) our electronic armor says you're a "games" site, and hence, verboten.

The IP address changed with the move. Does your protection software make decisions by IP address ranges?

I doubt it goes by anything that explicitly describes the site, authored by the owners. If it did, then nefarious operators could give their ugly sites happy, fluffy descriptions.

If possible find out how it makes decisions and appeal the decision process to the powers that be, on your end.

DonM435
2010-Apr-15, 03:56 PM
The IP address changed with the move. Does your protection software make decisions by IP address ranges?

I doubt it goes by anything that explicitly describes the site, authored by the owners. If it did, then nefarious operators could give their ugly sites happy, fluffy descriptions.

If possible find out how it makes decisions and appeal the decision process to the powers that be, on your end.

Actually, it seems to b e specific folders are blocked, so I d oubt it's the IP address.

There's no reasoning with "security" people. The more things you can't do, the better, to their minds. They'll be ecstatic when nobody can do any work at all. ;)