PDA

View Full Version : New Divide

mugaliens
2010-Apr-03, 09:53 AM
We're at a new divide, people. It's no longer about politics. There's only one planet, our population is growing, and resources are dwindling. We either kill off the rest OR we learn to put down our arms and learn how to get along.

This is just life (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysSxxIqKNN0).

- Mugs

mahesh
2010-Apr-03, 10:25 AM
Hi Mugs...
You know this thread is going to either vegetate into oblivion or be closed down. Whatever are you thinking of?

Happy Easter!

grapes
2010-Apr-03, 10:42 AM
Nobody's Listening (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDZnYV16GNs) :)

Donnie B.
2010-Apr-03, 06:16 PM
Aw, rats. Here I thought this was going to be about some astonishing, just-discovered mathematical operation. I was going to start working on a hardware implementation for microprocessors.

LotusExcelle
2010-Apr-03, 07:03 PM
Just don't divide by zero.

Chuck
2010-Apr-03, 09:52 PM
Maybe the next species that evolves to intelligence will be more reasonable.

peteshimmon
2010-Apr-03, 10:37 PM
Fascinating program about a famous painting in Spain this
evening. About the Ascension, incredible depictions of
grief in the faces. It was painted in Brussels some
500 plus years ago. For the Guild of Crossbow makers.

sigh...

geonuc
2010-Apr-03, 10:38 PM
Or maybe we're not at any kind of crossroads. We face problems just as our parents and grandparents did.

TheHalcyonYear
2010-Apr-04, 04:20 AM
Maybe the next species that evolves to intelligence will be more reasonable.
Yeah, lets hope so. We're just a species of ape that developed at the beginning of the last glacial interim. Intelligent in our own eyes, but, as most species on this planet are extinct, so are we most likely to be in the end. My faith is in the next intelligent species. While I think we are a fairly viable prototype, surely the process can do better than us.

grapes
2010-Apr-04, 04:34 AM
Are dolphins an earlier, or later, prototype?

TheHalcyonYear
2010-Apr-04, 05:21 AM
Are dolphins an earlier, or later, prototype?
Maybe the beginning of a next generation waiting in the wings for our extinction. Maybe an earlier prototype. Not a biologist so I really don't know.

sarongsong
2010-Apr-04, 07:15 AM
Aw, rats...I thought this was going to be about some astonishing, just-discovered mathematical operation...Which is why the title should have been in quotes---especially considering the source!