PDA

View Full Version : What is the Order of Kilopi?

plant
2010-Apr-12, 12:02 PM
Of all the profound mysteries of the universe discussed in this forum.... one seems to loom larger than all the others:

"what is the order of kilopi"??

it's members sem to know more stuff than anyone ... but who are these dark knights? what is their purpose? what are their day-jobs? Unmask yourselves Kilopi! (is Kilopi plural for Kilopus?)

ok- i think i can guess this is some geeky in-joke about the order of the digits of the decimal expansion of pi ... did i guess right - and can i now be an honorary member?

antoniseb
2010-Apr-12, 12:05 PM
You can be a full member when you have the number of posts required, which you have correctly guessed. This is an old tradition here.

Swift
2010-Apr-12, 12:53 PM
I moved this thread to Forum Feedback.
BAUT was formed from the merger of two earlier forums, BABB and UT. Back in the early BABB days, when a few hundred posts was a lot, one of the members hit kilopi = 1000 x pi posts. As a way to mark the event, they changed their user name and it sort of became an unofficial landmark for posting. With inflation, it has become less significant, but it is still remembered in the user title.

Spoons
2010-Apr-12, 01:03 PM
Many of them are a foundation of great knowledge if you listen openly yet carefully. Then there are those like myself, who just have lots of daft stuff to say. Still, I consider it something of an honour to get to share the badge.

Badge badger badger. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIyixC9NsLI&feature=fvst)

There I go again.

I hope to live long enough to help celebrate chrissy hitting the Order of the Fine Structure Constant. She's got to be the front-runner.

Glom
2010-Apr-12, 01:24 PM
I moved this thread to Forum Feedback.
BAUT was formed from the merger of two earlier forums, BABB and UT. Back in the early BABB days, when a few hundred posts was a lot, one of the members hit kilopi = 1000 x pi posts. As a way to mark the event, they changed their user name and it sort of became an unofficial landmark for posting. With inflation, it has become less significant, but it is still remembered in the user title.

In particular, the story started with grapes, who originally posted by the name Grapes of Wrath. When he hit kilopi, he re-registered as kilopi in order of the achievement and it wouldn't be his last. The next poster to hit kilopi was the long departed g99, who acknowledging that Grapes of Wrath/kilopi/mille360/the upside down conversion factor/grapes had set a landmark, also re-registered as Humphrey because he didn't feel worthy of being the first to bust this historic landmark. Then ToSeek reached kilopi and didn't have such qualms (psych profile noted) so busted it. There was much celebration in the land. All posters who followed then celebrated their own passing of kilopi and it became enshrined in BABB/BAUT lore.

I forget why the Order stopped being distinguished though.

The Backroad Astronomer
2010-Apr-12, 01:52 PM
There was a party held for the kilopis were the behaviour was far from being distinguished so we lost that part of the title.

George
2010-Apr-12, 03:24 PM
The next poster to hit kilopi was the long departed g99, who acknowledging that Grapes of Wrath/kilopi/mille360/the upside down conversion factor/grapes had set a landmark, also re-registered as Humphrey because he didn't feel worthy of being the first to bust this historic landmark. Don't forget A Thousand Pardons -- he was may favorite of the metamorphic pie-killer characters, though the current reincarnation ain't bad. ;)

Arnold Rimmer
2010-Apr-12, 04:30 PM
If I keep my posting frequency up, I will reach kilopi status around the year 2224 ...

mike alexander
2010-Apr-12, 05:26 PM
There was actually a brief schism between those who pronounced it kill-o-PIE and those favoring kill-O-pee. It was finally settled when the common pronunciation Fish-n-Chips was agreed to.

Swift
2010-Apr-12, 05:28 PM
I always favored kie-LOP-ee.

Fazor
2010-Apr-12, 05:38 PM
I forget why the Order stopped being distinguished though.

An admin noticed it attached to my name, and realized there was a great need for change.

Spoons
2010-Apr-12, 10:30 PM
Maybe we should move this thread to Fun-n-Games and add 'ferret" to the title.

The Backroad Astronomer
2010-Apr-13, 06:14 AM
Maybe we should move this thread to Fun-n-Games and add 'ferret" to the title.
I thought we were not suppose to talk about what ToSeek did with the ferret.

dtilque
2010-May-19, 07:51 AM
Suggestion: extend the metaphor or whatever you want to call it. That is, add these titles for these post counts:

Order of Hectopi -- 314 posts
Order of Myriopi -- 31,415 posts

How about it?

Gillianren
2010-May-19, 08:00 AM
The first is too easy. No one's gotten to the second yet.

Spoons
2010-May-19, 08:18 AM
I think mine should be Disorder of Kilopi.

Jens
2010-May-19, 11:21 AM
I think mine should be Disorder of Kilopi.

That's the alternative order that you get to join when you have 4,312 posts.

Swift
2010-May-21, 01:21 AM
The sports statistics posts have been moved to their own thread. (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php/104190-Sports-Statistics-and-Kilopi)

BigDon
2010-May-22, 08:24 PM
The first is too easy. No one's gotten to the second yet.

I'd say you are a very good candidate to eventually be one. I might if I;
A: Don't die.
B: Don't get banned.

BigDon
2010-May-22, 08:28 PM
Kilopi sounds like something you have to learn how to play. Something with multi-tiered keyboards and foot pedals. With a bank of vertical brass pipes.

HenrikOlsen
2010-May-22, 08:49 PM
or an ethnic nose flute of some kind.

BigDon
2010-May-22, 08:58 PM
Or some sort of goat hide bag you have to inflate and squeeze.

grapes
2010-May-25, 07:25 PM
I'd say you are a very good candidate to eventually be one. I might if I;
A: Don't die.
B: Don't get banned.Ha! if I don't die, I'll make megapi...and I'm pretty sure it's true, I'll be banned right after you.

Spoons
2010-May-26, 12:51 AM
Well, grape minds think alike.

dtilque
2010-May-27, 05:10 AM
I don't see any problem with giving a special title after 314 posts. For me, that's a lot of posts. Even at the Straight Dope MB (which I read and post to a lot more than here), I don't have a kilopi in over ten years of participating. But perhaps it will make it more palatable to you verbose-types if you change the word 'Order' to something less prestigious-sounding. 'Association' or 'Fellowship' or something. How about the Association of Hectopi?

And then we'd have to come up with something even more prestigious-sounding for the Myriopi. The Legion of Myriopi, perhaps. Or maybe someone else has a better idea.

And just because no one's there yet doesn't mean we can't be prepared for when they do get there.

PS How many posts do you have to make to get an Order of Pi la Mode?

HenrikOlsen
2010-May-27, 06:19 AM
And then we'd have to come up with something even more prestigious-sounding for the Myriopi. The Legion of Myriopi, perhaps. Or maybe someone else has a better idea.
Given the historical size of a roman legion, that would really be better for kilopi:)

Spoons
2010-May-27, 08:12 AM
I just realised, the OP included a typo. The question being asked is really, "What is the odour of Kilopi?"

Swift
2010-May-27, 01:37 PM
PS How many posts do you have to make to get an Order of Pi la Mode?
That is not based on number of posts, but rather the member must demonstrate that they are cool when on top of a hot situation, and that they are the cream of the crop. Being the apple of a moderator's eye, or posting something really cherry helps.

:D

Fazor
2010-May-27, 06:13 PM
Personally, I'm striving to become a member of the Order of Keylimepie. Hey, we all need dreams, right?

. . . okay, so truthfully? I don't like key-lime pie. In fact, I'm not a big fan of sweets. I'm much happier as a Kilopian. Besides, it gives me the right to say I'm a well-rounded person.

grapes
2010-May-28, 04:27 AM
Kilopi are very round

Jens
2010-May-28, 05:27 AM
That is not based on number of posts, but rather the member must demonstrate that they are cool when on top of a hot situation, and that they are the cream of the crop. Being the apple of a moderator's eye, or posting something really cherry helps.

It's also very important that the moderator be in a good mode.

Kaptain K
2010-May-28, 11:49 AM
Kilopi are very round

Kilocobblr are very square :dance:

Buttercup
2010-Aug-20, 02:34 PM
I made it!

Congratulations, Buttercup! You have made kilopi (3,142) posts on this forum!

Responding to Fazor regarding sweet corn in the "Post your dinner!" thread did it...

CJSF
2010-Aug-20, 02:38 PM
WHOOHOO! Is it the Jedi Order of Kilopi?

CJSF

Buttercup
2010-Aug-20, 02:57 PM
WHOOHOO! Is it the Jedi Order of Kilopi?

CJSF

Yes. :) And now I'm checking out this gorgeous light saber with an orange blade...love it! {{'saber humming noises as I playfully slash it around}}

Swift
2010-Aug-20, 03:02 PM
Careful with that.
http://planetsmilies.net/star-wars-smiley-5472.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

Would you like a nice glass of blue milk to go with your sweet corn?

Buttercup
2010-Aug-20, 04:04 PM
Image isn't showing.

No, but an ice-cold Diet Pepsi would do. :)

Fazor
2010-Aug-20, 05:10 PM
Congrats! See, sweet-corn is good for everything.

Swift
2010-Aug-20, 05:16 PM
< ring ring >

Hello, Lou's Pizza

Yeah, I'd like to place an order for 1000 pizzas.

Grey
2010-Aug-20, 05:41 PM
< ring ring >

Hello, Lou's Pizza

Yeah, I'd like to place an order for 1000 pizzas.That reminds of this (http://www.snopes.com/medical/asylum/fbipizza.asp) story.

grapes
2010-Aug-22, 01:35 AM
That reminds of this (http://www.snopes.com/medical/asylum/fbipizza.asp) story.Ha.

"I'd like 21 pizzas. Can you deliver them to the internet? and can you write 'grats cup in pepperoni on them?"

baric
2010-Aug-22, 03:23 AM
I made it!

Grats!

mahesh
2010-Aug-22, 09:22 AM
< ring ring >

Hello, Lou's Pizza

Yeah, I'd like to place an order for 1000 pizzas.

Haaar!! My kinda guysandgals! Where's the pahty? Can I come?

'Grats 'cup!

mahesh
2010-Aug-22, 09:47 AM
That reminds of this (http://www.snopes.com/medical/asylum/fbipizza.asp) story.
...nice one :D
I happened to see One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, yet one more time, recently. A touching and moving film. Lovely as ever.

macaw
2010-Sep-22, 04:05 PM
Does the transition happen at 3141 posts or at 3142? :-)

HenrikOlsen
2010-Sep-22, 04:15 PM
That's difficult to say, if you has asked that question with your 3141th post you'd have provided useful data.

Anyway, a far as I know(because that's what makes sense with 3141 being less than kilopi) the 3142th post is what makes you kilopi because that's what puts you over kilopi posts.

Buttercup
2010-Sep-22, 04:23 PM
Congratulations. :)

I want a chocolatecreamkilopi. :D

jfribrg
2010-Sep-22, 04:41 PM
Congrats. Another 7 years or so and I will be worthy of the title. I'm still mad about the 100 or so posts that I lost during the merger.

Spoons
2010-Sep-23, 01:19 AM
That's difficult to say, if you has asked that question with your 3141th post you'd have provided useful data.

Anyway, a far as I know(because that's what makes sense with 3141 being less than kilopi) the 3142th post is what makes you kilopi because that's what puts you over kilopi posts.

Yeah, I'm almost positive that you take on the esteemed title as soon as your post count reads 3142. I was paying close attention to it when mine occurred.

Kaptain K
2010-Sep-23, 02:55 AM
Congrats. Another 7 years or so and I will be worthy of the title. I'm still mad about the 100 or so posts that I lost during the merger.

You're mad about 100 or so? I had several hundred to a thousand on the original BABB before anybody strarted keeping count. That was a single undifferentiated thread. When the BA opened it up for membership, I was the 51st member to sign up. Every time the BA upgraded, I lost a few and when the two boards combined, I lost a few hundred more. Oh well, ces't la vie.

ToSeek
2010-Sep-24, 04:00 PM
You're mad about 100 or so? I had several hundred to a thousand on the original BABB before anybody strarted keeping count. That was a single undifferentiated thread. When the BA opened it up for membership, I was the 51st member to sign up. Every time the BA upgraded, I lost a few and when the two boards combined, I lost a few hundred more. Oh well, ces't la vie.

One of these days I'm going to modify the settings so that posts to "Fun and Games" no longer count. Then I'll take a long vacation until the firestorm dies down.

Gillianren
2010-Sep-24, 04:49 PM
I'll suddenly be much farther in the lead for the race to megapi, won't I?

R.A.F.
2010-Sep-24, 06:21 PM
One of these days I'm going to modify the settings so that posts to "Fun and Games" no longer count. Then I'll take a long vacation until the firestorm dies down.

This would not affect me since I have never posted (to my knowledge) to the "fun and games" forum. :)

AndreasJ
2010-Sep-25, 08:05 PM
I used to be on a forum that did the equivalent of that. Many posters went to such extraordinary extents to sneak in off-topic posts into the supposedly on-topic sections to pad their postcounts that the administrators finally gave up and made posts to the off-topic section count again.

I'm not saying BAUTers are necessarily equally immature ...

Halcyon Dayz
2010-Sep-25, 08:24 PM
I know one forum that not only doesn't count the posts in the chat sections, but every poster with a 1,000+ post is just labelled: 1000 or more.
(Total post count shows up in statistics though.)

Canis Lupus
2010-Sep-25, 09:28 PM
Few people know that after your 100,000th post the software here re-starts your count to zero and your nic becomes latinized.

Moose
2010-Sep-25, 10:07 PM
Few people know that after your 100,000th post the software here re-starts your count to zero and your nic becomes latinized.

Nah, that changed on the last software revision since post count started using 4 byte integers rather than 2 byte ones. It's 2.69odd billion now. (GigaE.) And instead of latinized, it tacks on rude words. Which, of course, means the first person to get there will be banned.

Happy posting.

Tobin Dax
2010-Sep-25, 10:49 PM
Nah, that changed on the last software revision since post count started using 4 byte integers rather than 2 byte ones. It's 2.69odd billion now. (GigaE.) And instead of latinized, it tacks on rude words. Which, of course, means the first person to get there will be banned.

Happy posting.

Just for clarification, can Vulc--er, admins be banned? ;)

Moose
2010-Sep-26, 12:33 AM
Only one way to find out. :D

Strange
2010-Nov-30, 11:39 PM
OK. So am I stuck permanently with a colourful banner at the top of every BAUT page reminding me that I ought to get a life? Or do I need to go and start deleting my older posts? I know: that would get me banned. Did I mention I need to get a life?

grapes
2010-Dec-01, 01:03 AM
There's a colorful banner at the top of kilopi BAUT pages? really? ... *sniff*

Gillianren
2010-Dec-01, 01:17 AM
I have no colourful banner!

Spoons
2010-Dec-01, 01:24 AM
It wouldn't be like Strange to tease, would it?

Swift
2010-Dec-01, 03:03 AM
Did I mention I need to get a life?
Pa-lease. Life is so much overrated.

;)

Spoons
2010-Dec-01, 03:11 AM
I saw a documentary about life once, on the BBC. The name escapes me though. Something about the Fantabulous Adventures of Mr Squiggly Dunbar or some such.

Life - it looks like fun, if you're into that sort of thing.

Jens
2010-Dec-01, 03:58 AM
I have no colourful banner!

So you mean you haven't been indoctrinated into the real order, despite having so many posts?

Gillianren
2010-Dec-01, 04:20 AM
So you mean you haven't been indoctrinated into the real order, despite having so many posts?

Just you wait until I hit megapi!

Tobin Dax
2010-Dec-01, 05:08 AM
OK. So am I stuck permanently with a colourful banner at the top of every BAUT page reminding me that I ought to get a life? Or do I need to go and start deleting my older posts? I know: that would get me banned. Did I mention I need to get a life?

To what are you referring? The only "colorful banner" I've ever noticed is the BA/BAUT/UT banner that's been there for a long while.

Spoons
2010-Dec-01, 05:12 AM
Just you wait until I hit megapi!

I advise caution. Others have made it to megapi before but Robinson promptly eats them, never to be seen again.

Tobin Dax
2010-Dec-01, 08:09 AM
To what are you referring? The only "colorful banner" I've ever noticed is the BA/BAUT/UT banner that's been there for a long while.

On second thought, a better question might be "How did I miss the third page?" :whistle:

Strange
2010-Dec-01, 09:40 AM

I have a yellow box with "Congratulations. You have wasted more of your life than you realise" (or words to that effect). Maybe it goes away again after a while ...

AndreasJ
2010-Dec-01, 09:57 AM
I have a yellow box with "Congratulations. You have wasted more of your life than you realise" (or words to that effect). Maybe it goes away again after a while ...
That's not a yellow box, that's a post-it note put on your screen by your wife. (Try looking at another webpage for a change and you'll see the box doesn't go away.)

Strange
2010-Dec-01, 10:19 AM
That's not a yellow box, that's a post-it note put on your screen by your wife. (Try looking at another webpage for a change and you'll see the box doesn't go away.)

We really should have a rating system for comments.

Moose
2010-Dec-01, 10:21 AM

Strange, you need to run one (or more) anti-malware programs. That's not something BAUT is serving up.

Strange
2010-Dec-01, 10:34 AM
Strange, you need to run one (or more) anti-malware programs. That's not something BAUT is serving up.

OK. What it actually says is "Congratulations, Strange! You have made kilopi (3,142) posts on this forum!". This is the same style as the message you get when you are not logged in (see attchment).

It seems to be embedded in a form which shuld allow the message to be cleared but there is no "submit" button. Odd.

ETA: It is there on all computers and all browsers I have tried... (including a non-PC system)

Jens
2010-Dec-01, 10:54 AM
OK. What it actually says is "Congratulations, Strange! You have made kilopi (3,142) posts on this forum!". This is the same style as the message you get when you are not logged in (see attchment).

That really is special. I don't have that either. Maybe you were selected as the sole member of the OoK(TM) to be able to visit Willie Wonka's factory. Is there anything written on the back of the yellow strip?

Moose
2010-Dec-01, 11:17 AM
Huh. First time I've seen that. Must be something they've added in the new version of vBulliten. I suspect it'll go away on its own soon.

Strange
2010-Dec-01, 12:42 PM
I suspect it'll go away on its own soon.

That's what the doctor said too.

Spoons
2010-Dec-01, 01:04 PM
Well then, if it's still there tomorrow rub some cream on it. Whipped cream, cream cheese, cream of corn... any of those will do.

slang
2010-Dec-01, 01:46 PM

Hey, that's just awesome! All I got when I reached it was access to the hidden forum and the vote-to-ban button.

Strange
2010-Dec-01, 03:56 PM
Ah, it's gone. It disappeared when I hit 3,161 posts. I'm beginning to miss it now....

Spoons
2010-Dec-01, 04:24 PM
At least it's immortalised in this thread. Lucky you - baby photos!

Buttercup
2010-Dec-01, 05:31 PM
Mine says: "Shut up or you'll get plucked...weed whacked...sprayed with 2 gallons of undiluted herbicide..." :(

(I also got the same message as Strange when I became a member of Order of Kilopi. It was "on" that day, gone next)

Gillianren
2010-Dec-01, 06:52 PM
I didn't get that! Of course, we were using different software then.

Grey
2010-Dec-02, 03:25 AM
There's a colorful banner at the top of kilopi BAUT pages? really? ... *sniff*See what you've gone and started?

;)

LotusExcelle
2010-Dec-02, 03:37 AM
Someday I will grow up, get my free-time filled up with projects like rebuilding bicycles, making all kinds of absurd model train setups, and possibly even taking photos again (though, to be honest, this is unlikely). Until the my goal is to hit kilopi without making empty posts just to increase my post count. Like... this.

Swift
2010-Dec-02, 04:16 AM
... making all kinds of absurd model train setups,
I didn't know you were a model railroader LotusExcelle. I am too, though I haven't done much with it lately. See, not an empty post at all.

slang
2010-Dec-02, 06:47 AM
I didn't know you were a model railroader LotusExcelle. I am too, though I haven't done much with it lately. See, not an empty post at all.

Arguably a derail, though. :)

Spoons
2010-Dec-02, 07:52 AM
Bad slang! Bad bad bad!

:D

ToSeek
2010-Dec-06, 05:38 PM
Ah, it's gone. It disappeared when I hit 3,161 posts. I'm beginning to miss it now....

It's something I added a while back and then forgot about. I've tweaked it now so that it's dismissable.

Gillianren
2010-Dec-06, 06:40 PM
As, apparently, is the birthday notification.

ToSeek
2010-Dec-06, 07:47 PM
As, apparently, is the birthday notification.

Yes, I fixed that one, too. (I'd wish you a happy birthday here as well, but it seems superfluous. ;) )

Swift
2010-Dec-06, 08:02 PM
(I'd wish you a happy birthday here as well, but it seems superfluous. ;) )
ToSeeked (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php/32652-Happy-Birthday-Thread!?p=1826156#post1826156)
(sorry, but I could not resist) :D

IsaacKuo
2010-Dec-21, 03:05 PM
Has anyone been inducted into the Order before learning what it is?

Spoons
2010-Dec-22, 02:16 AM
I only realised half a dozen posts ago that this is not the Beer And Unusual Torture forum. And until I saw this thread I thought an Order of Kilopi was an excessive dessert.

slang
2010-Dec-22, 11:28 AM

Everyone who fit the requirements when the Order was introduced. These, obviously, are the worst of them all, and should be feared with much fear.

Van Rijn
2010-Dec-22, 08:35 PM
Bwa-ha-ha-h*cough* *cough* . . . Drat, I can never seem to get that evil laugh quite right.

utesfan100
2012-Jul-12, 03:50 PM
By my calculations, Swift has reached the Order of Megapi.

R.A.F.
2012-Jul-12, 03:59 PM

Is that a bird? I thought Swift was a frog. :D

Swift
2012-Jul-12, 04:14 PM
No, only pi*104 (mega is 106), for which there is no convenient prefix.

Glom
2012-Jul-12, 04:29 PM

Hectahectapi.

antoniseb
2012-Jul-12, 04:30 PM
He's a little short of 32768 for which perhaps we could find a clever way to say >215

Fazor
2012-Jul-12, 04:39 PM

Oh, I have a convenient prefix for you . . . but I'd rather not get banned so I'll keep it to myself.

;)

Ara Pacis
2012-Jul-12, 05:33 PM
kilodecipi?

Does this count all the posts he's made in the mod forum about Fazor? ;)

Fazor
2012-Jul-12, 05:48 PM
"It's better to be talked about poorly than to be forgotten entirely." - H.R. Fazorton, Sr.

antoniseb
2012-Jul-12, 05:54 PM
... Does this count all the posts he's made in the mod forum about Fazor?
These counts represent all posts ever in any thread hidden or otherwise, except lost or deleted threads. It does not count Private Messages.
It does count recent (since 19 Feb 2006) reports of bad posts (which is about 6500 of R.A.F.'s 11100 posts).

R.A.F.
2012-Jul-12, 06:17 PM
which is about 6500 of R.A.F.'s 11100 posts.

hey!!

I resemble that remark...:)

Now to ponder if Antoniseb "forgot" to include a smilee, or if I am to assume something from it's absence.

edit to add...realized that there is a 3rd option...since they are not presently being shown, why use one...

...yeah, that's a good explanation. :D

antoniseb
2012-Jul-12, 06:24 PM
... there is a 3rd option...since they are not presently being shown ...
or a fourth option - emoticon-wise, I have a dry sense of humor.

R.A.F.
2012-Jul-12, 06:27 PM
or a fourth option - emoticon-wise, I have a dry sense of humor.

...or the fifth option...I really do report too many posts.

IsaacKuo
2012-Jul-12, 06:34 PM
He's a little short of 32768 for which perhaps we could find a clever way to say >215
Short overflow.

NEOWatcher
2012-Jul-12, 07:12 PM
Short overflow.
Ah, thanks. I've been bantering it around since he said it and have come up with nothing clever. My thoughts on that is now over.

Tensor
2012-Jul-13, 05:04 AM

Actually, there is, Myria- is the prefix for 104(although it isn't an official metric prefix). So that would be Myriapi (31,415). I can't take credit for this though, dtilque mentioned it back on 19 May 2010, in post #14(although they used myrio-)

NEOWatcher
2012-Jul-13, 11:38 AM
Hectahectapi.

So that would be Myriapi (31,415)
I've got to agree. When Maria makes a pie, she makes one heck of a heck of a pie.

utesfan100
2012-Jul-13, 06:01 PM
Yes. I meant to reference #14's Myriopi.

Would Pimyriad be too much like ancient multistory conical burial structures?

Gillianren
2012-Jul-15, 07:04 PM
We just have to figure out the word before I'll be using it. I'll get extremely twitchy if we don't!

Noclevername
2012-Jul-15, 07:09 PM
I offer "Truckloadapi". You're welcome. ;)

Ara Pacis
2012-Jul-15, 10:13 PM
Are we trying to decide what to call pi x 10,000 or some other power of ten (1), or a new order numerically related to pi (2), or a new order numerically unrelated to pi (3), or a new order that doesn't use pi (4)?

1) Order of decakilopi or kilodecapi (or use a spelling variant of deca, such as deka or deqa)
2) Order of kilopi, 1st Piece (with up to 8 pieces, or classes or degrees or magnitudes)
2) Order of x kilopi, (x = cream, mousse, custard, fruit, pot, mincemeat..., a la mode)
3) Order of Plethorapi
4) Ye olde Bad-grad, bad-post-grad, bad post-doc, etc
4) CosmoQuestioner, CosmoQuestor, CosmoQuixote, CosmoQuistador, CosmoConQueso...

Jerry
2012-Jul-17, 02:56 AM

I didn't - I didn't even know what the magic number was, but then you all know I have an aversion to numbers.
I thought it was the order of Hopi flute players.

Solfe
2012-Jul-22, 02:48 PM
If we can add titles for post counts I offer the following:
pi*e*1000 = 8539 for the Order of kilopi*e

Since 10^4 is obsolete (myria) and 10^5 never had a prefix, I offer the following:
10^4 posts=Order of Babb
10^5 posts= Order of Baut
10^6 posts= Megaposter, Megamember? Megatron? Ok, mega is a stupid prefix. :)
10^7 posts= Order of CQ

Combine them together for the Order of Babb Pie, Order of Baut Kilopi*e, and so on.

djellison
2012-Jul-23, 05:01 PM
I had no idea what the order of Kilopi was (nor did I care) until I saw this thread and wondered.

I assumed it was pronounce Kilopey or something, and was an obscure Sci-Fi reference I'd never heard of.