PDA

View Full Version : Disc Shape UFO Photographed Over Argentina

bautforum_twitter
2010-Apr-17, 07:04 PM
Disc Shape UFO Photographed Over Argentina

According to MUFON UFO case No. 22858 : Back in June 2008 eyewitness and others were driving on National Route 38, of Cordova towards Capilla Del Monte .When they saw a black disc behind a strange cloud above the hill. He stopped and photographed the disc shape UFO, object which was not creating any kind of sound.

http://www.ufo-blogger.com/2010/04/disc-shape-ufo-photographed-over.html :think:

kleindoofy
2010-Apr-17, 07:32 PM
So what?

Swift
2010-Apr-17, 08:56 PM
It is a UFO photograph. I certainly can't identify what the object is, so it is unidentified. But do I think it is an alien spacecraft; no.

LotusExcelle
2010-Apr-17, 09:02 PM
This looks like a processing error to me. But the man claims to have used a digital camera. Beyond that I'd say his lens was dirty at the very least as evidenced by the light streaking at the bottom right.

pzkpfw
2010-Apr-17, 09:03 PM
The poll needs another answer: "No"; because while "Fake" is perhaps an opposite of "Yes", it implies deliberate falsehood.

chrlzs
2010-Apr-17, 09:49 PM
Just the usual questions:

1. Why is the 'original image' so heavily reduced and cropped? The Sony H5 has much higher resolution, and does not have that aspect ratio.

2. Why has that image been stripped of its exif data?

Further - although I can't be certain without seeing the original - the sharpening looks inconsistent, and in excess of what the Sony H5 would do at 'normal' settings - the hill shows strong haloes, yet the object doesn't. Could just be the contrast difference, maybe..

And of course it is such a sad twist of fate that he had plenty of time to see it, then bring the car to a halt, then get out, then fire up his camera and take the one shot... but immediately after all that it vanished so he couldn't get a second image. Mmmhmm.

Oh, and I went to mufon to see if i could look at the 'case', but the site was broken - all the links cascaded down my screen in plain text, none of them working (Google Chrome). (Pretty much in line with my past experience with mufon...)

Didn't vote, as this sort of thing is can't be sensibly or usefully polled, imo.

Bozola
2010-Apr-18, 01:43 AM
My dog (http://www.zsql.com/hart03/ufofleet.jpg) has destroyed whole invasion fleets of those things.

LotusExcelle
2010-Apr-18, 04:31 PM
My dog (http://www.zsql.com/hart03/ufofleet.jpg) has destroyed whole invasion fleets of those things.

Was this due to a massive miscalculation of scale?

Bozola
2010-Apr-18, 05:07 PM
Hmmm....scale....wait a second....

Let's look at the poll choices, again:

* Yesss
* Fake

That's suspiciously a sibilant set of selections, seemingly serpentine in scope.

Graybeard6
2010-Apr-18, 07:32 PM
I'm with Swift; yes, it's a photograph of something unidentified and presumably flying. If I were to guess, I'd say it was a Frisbee, photoshopped into a picture of clouds.

Torch2k
2010-Apr-19, 01:45 AM
Looks like an Intermediate Scout from the planet Fr'Ah-Hizz B.

Tedward
2010-Apr-19, 07:47 AM
Sorry but looks a bit shonky to me.

MAPNUT
2010-Apr-19, 02:15 PM
I'd have to say that's one of the better fakes I've seen; the object is fairly sharp and it does look like it's above the cloud. I agree that it's suspicious he only got one photo. It would have made more sense to say it went behind the cloud.

Does look like a Frisbee.

JayUtah
2010-Apr-19, 03:08 PM
Just the usual questions

I have the same questions. The photo is presented as the "original size" image, not the original image. Neither claim would be supported by the offered data. The image offered at the link is consistent with having cut a portion of a larger image and using the unsharp mask tool to enhance the resulting soft edge contrast. That hypothesis is supported by the missing EXIF information.

The clouds overlapping the object and just to the left of it bear a superficial resemblance, suggesting they may have come from the same brush. While the majority of clouds at that radius from the sun image are multihued due to refraction, the clouds over and near the UFO are monochromatic.

The evidence is more consistent with digital forgery than with an actual photograph.

Swift
2010-Apr-19, 04:32 PM
bautforum_twitter,

You seem to have a history of starting threads like these and then not participating further.

If you are advocating something extraordinary about this object, for example, that it is an alien spacecraft, then you are required to address questions that are put to you.

If you are "just asking", the fact that you do not participate further would still be considered a rule violation - Rule 9. "Hit & Run" posting.

I strongly suggest that you actually participate in the threads you start.

dgavin
2010-Apr-19, 07:39 PM
It might possibly be a X-113 experimental military craft. But I doubt it, as both the US version and British version ("RAIL") of Saucer craft required fusion to power them, which we don't have yet. The US version (X-113 ) used an outer ring of spinning blades to provide propultion both by the blade speed, and by Ionic air trust. The Britisih one used some sort of exaust like charged thrust system from it's main nuclear reactor.

This however looks like a cleaverly arranged fake as there is only one source photo.

Additionaly if it was on of the two mentioned saucer crafts, the crews would be dead. The plans on file for both craft never included enough shielding to prevent radiation damage from a fusion reaction.