PDA

View Full Version : "What's New" button - love it.

Solfe
2010-Apr-20, 03:18 AM
I love the "What's New" button. I seem to recall the board having then losing this feature. I am glad its back.

I didn't like the soft edge theme at first, but I like the most the new features.

Solfe

Spoons
2010-Apr-20, 06:10 AM
I agree - the What's New button is my favourite new thing about vB4. By far the easiest way to find out, well, what's new. Very cool. And well named. Not like the Settings/Control Panel.

dhd40
2010-Apr-20, 10:24 AM
I agree - the What's New button is my favourite new thing about vB4. By far the easiest way to find out, well, what's new. Very cool. And well named. Not like the Settings/Control Panel.

But then, what's the difference between "What's New" and "New Posts"?

Spoons
2010-Apr-20, 01:37 PM
Probably a fair point. I don't know, I wasn't that used to the old format (being a relatively new member) and to be honest, I'm a creature of habit so I hadn't bothered to explore the features, so when I saw the new shiny button and saw the results I liked it. It left an impression.

Maybe somewhat Homeresque but then I don't claim any sort of greatness.

Strange
2010-Apr-20, 03:14 PM
Me too.

Argos
2010-Apr-20, 03:35 PM

Itīs bigger.

Strange
2010-Apr-20, 03:51 PM
The "new posts" link disappears if you are logged out. And the "what's new" button behaves differently. I guess there are different options so you can skin or fine tune the appearance by moving these around or choosing one over the other, etc.

dhd40
2010-Apr-21, 01:11 PM
Itīs bigger.

Good news. Saves the trouble to buy new specs :cool:

mugaliens
2010-Apr-22, 05:34 AM
It's handy, to be sure, but as I only post in a few threads, for me it brings up a lot of irrelevant threads and posts.

dhd40
2010-Apr-22, 06:28 PM
It's handy, to be sure, but as I only post in a few threads, for me it brings up a lot of irrelevant threads and posts.
(my bold)
That's my "problem" as well

Spoons
2010-Apr-23, 01:51 AM
If you only want threads you've posted in which have new posts click Settings. Or what are you looking for?

crosscountry
2010-May-11, 11:03 PM

"New Posts" existed on the version last month, it's just more conveniently located now.

crosscountry
2010-May-11, 11:04 PM
When I click "new posts" it moves the tab from "forums" to "What's new". When I'm logged in, they behave the same way.