PDA

View Full Version : Firefly cartoon

TimH
2004-Mar-17, 07:20 PM
PVPonline is an online comic strip focusing (usually) on PC games, sci-fi movies, obscure movie quotes, basically all the things geeks like to read about. Here's one I thought the group might appreciate

http://pvponline.com/archive.php3?archive=20040316

Disclaimer: Most of the time the strip is G or PG but on occasion the author comes close to being 'off color'. The link I provided is family friendly.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2004-Mar-17, 08:58 PM
I think I used to Date a Woman like that.

Now, I remember why we broke up.

LadyX
2004-Mar-19, 11:13 PM
Not impressed, then I am out of chocolate. [-(

gethen
2004-Mar-19, 11:24 PM
Funny. I can't get my spouse to watch the "Firefly" DVD's all the way through with me.

Starlionblue
2004-Mar-24, 11:11 AM

My wife is like that. I was not allowed to watch Farscape, Enterprise or Firefly without her. Also, I was not allowed to play "Grim Fandango" without her. She loved that game.

Why would you want to break up with her? It's hard enough to find a woman who enjoys SciFi...

daver
2004-Mar-24, 05:31 PM

My wife is like that. I was not allowed to watch Farscape, Enterprise or Firefly without her. Also, I was not allowed to play "Grim Fandango" without her. She loved that game.

Why would you want to break up with her? It's hard enough to find a woman who enjoys SciFi...

My problem is that I'm not allowed to watch the shows without her, but she never has time to watch the shows.

Starlionblue
2004-Mar-24, 05:47 PM

My problem is that I'm not allowed to watch the shows without her, but she never has time to watch the shows.

Ok fine. Break up with her... I see your point

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2004-Mar-25, 04:19 AM

Ok fine. Break up with her... I see your point

Not my Choice.

Strangely enough, she's still not over me, but Absolutely Refuses to Come Back.

Ah well, we'll see, she knows what she's Missin' ...

Matherly
2004-Apr-11, 06:34 PM
My wife works for an accountant and is putting in 12 hr days until the 15th...

And I just got my copy of the Matrix Revolutions that I can't watch without her...

**sob**

johnwitts
2004-Apr-11, 07:40 PM
Hey, they're getting Firefly in Tescos in the UK at the end on April!!! How do I know? I followed the ad link at the bottom of the page. (See, advertising does work.) In case it changes, here's the link.

http://www.tesco.com/entertainment/dvdpage.asp?SearchBrowse.asp?Item=550205&F=DVD

My question is, what exactly is on the DVD that won't be on the stuff I got from [not telling]? I've got 14 episodes and 7 'extras'. [/not telling] What else is on the DVD?

Does anyone know if Firefly was shown in the UK? I've got a vague recollection of it being in TV mags as a sci fi series, but I never watched as it was on late at night. Pity, cos I love it.

Yoshua
2004-Apr-11, 09:59 PM
There were three episodes that never aired. Also if they show them as Fox did, they will be out of order.

This is a series that should be watched in the proper order. There's references to previous episodes that don't make sense if you never saw them. Then again, it's not neccessary to understand the references to enjoy the current episode. Kinda glad Josss did it that way, your not punished for missing an episode here or there.

Captain Kidd
2004-Apr-12, 11:51 AM
They're in the correct order.

The pilot Serenity is first and the three missing eps are in their 'proper' locations.

davepy
2004-Apr-13, 01:50 PM
This is a series that should be watched in the proper order. There's references to previous episodes that don't make sense if you never saw them.

Not to mention, if you watch the later episodes first, you'll know who all the regular crewmembers of Serenity are and the whole pilot episode becomes pretty much pointless. To this day, I can't understand Fox's decision to show them out of order.