PDA

View Full Version : "mechanical" experiments with light

grav
2010-May-02, 08:34 PM
I am looking for precisely measured "mechanical" types of experiments with light. That is, nothing that includes interactions of light with itself, with subatomic particles, or with electric, magnetic, or gravitational fields. For example, one such experiment would be stellar aberration, the results of which tell us that light pulses that are emitted by two sources at the same point of origin will travel together to an observer regardless of the motions of the sources. Does anybody know of any others?

macaw
2010-May-02, 11:34 PM
. For example, one such experiment would be stellar aberration, the results of which tell us that light pulses that are emitted by two sources at the same point of origin will travel together to an observer regardless of the motions of the sources. Does anybody know of any others?

I have listed this (http://www.edu-observatory.org/physics-faq/Relativity/SR/experiments.html) for you before.

Ken G
2010-May-03, 04:58 AM
That page is an excellent resource. Some person or persons really put in a lot of work to bring together a treasure trove of experimental data! Bravo.

uncommonsense
2010-May-03, 07:59 PM
What page? Am I missing a link somewhere?

Ken G
2010-May-04, 04:22 AM
Click where macaw has the word "this." It's impressive.