PDA

View Full Version : Quick reply, I love it!

R.A.F.
2010-May-03, 09:28 PM
I don't recall seeing comments relating to the quick reply feature, but I just gotta say that I LOVE IT! It makes "life" so much easier. :)

grapes
2010-May-03, 09:46 PM
Before, it seemed to stick more often than not. Over the past few months, it's been great, except for one small personal failing on my part. A half dozen times, I've finished a post, and then clicked the "+ Reply to Thread" button. Which erases whatever was in the quick reply field, and positions the cursor at the start. I'm pretty sure that's what it was intended to do--frustrate me--since all it seems to do otherwise is position the cursor an inch below where you click. :)

Spoons
2010-May-04, 12:33 AM
In your experience of vBulletin, what is different about the quick reply setup from 3 to 4? You're just talking about not needing to go to "go advanced" or hitting reply under a specific post?

Just curious, because I haven't noticed anything different about it from how it was on vB3. Maybe I had my settings set up different though.

HenrikOlsen
2010-May-04, 06:42 AM
When your browser supports that Ajax JavaScript stuff and it's enabled, clicking the reply or reply with quote button at the bottom of each post opens a quickreply editor just below that post instead of going to a new page.
Basically the reply has become a quickreply.

Spoons
2010-May-04, 06:47 AM
Oh, right. Yes, that is a cool function. Mine does that both at work and at home, so I guess enabled is the default.

I must admit though, I used to go straight to the bottom of the page to the quick reply box down there, so (shockingly) I have nothing valuable to add here.

Thanks for the explanation though.