PDA

View Full Version : So, How Would YOU Dress for Atlantis' Last Scheduled Launch?

Fraser
2010-May-14, 05:10 PM
While most shuttle crews wear polo shirts or comfortable button-downs for their ceremonial pre-launch "last meal" on Earth (for a few days, anyway) the STS-132 crew decided to dress in a style befitting the occasion; the last-ever scheduled launch of space shuttle Atlantis. Very cool, but wow, I didn't know they still made tuxedos [...]

More... (http://www.universetoday.com/2010/05/14/so-how-would-you-dress-for-atlantis-last-scheduled-launch/)

swampyankee
2010-May-15, 04:27 PM
Of course, they still make formal attire! They even make business suits, sports jackets, and silk neckties (the only real kind). How would I dress for the last flight of Atlantis? Most emphatically not in a tux; I'd be one of the guys sitting at a console trying to work. A suit, probably.

As an editorial comment, I did not like that name for a scientific research vehicle. Atlantis evokes all sorts of woo-woo nonsense.

2010-May-15, 04:33 PM
Very cool, but wow, I didn't know they still made tuxedos [...]

Of course, they still make formal attire!

The full quote:

I didn't know they still made tuxedos like that.

They were tending-to-garish.

Looks like something out of the 1960's!

But not that garish.

Buttercup
2010-May-15, 04:38 PM
Good riddance Atlantis (and the other shuttles). Can we NOW get back to the Moon or even (gasp!) on to Mars? After 35+ years of being stuck in LEO?

I only care what the next Moon/Mars crews wear!!