PDA

View Full Version : Theories

rigney
2010-May-18, 01:07 PM
I would like to post some unqualfied theories, if it is permissible. Can I do this without getting into trouble? I can take the "heat" of dissension, and appreciate constructive criticism. They contain nothing "off the wall", and someone may possibly see the merit of one or two?

Hornblower
2010-May-18, 01:52 PM
I would like to post some unqualfied theories, if it is permissible. Can I do this without getting into trouble? I can take the "heat" of dissension, and appreciate constructive criticism. They contain nothing "off the wall", and someone may possibly see the merit of one or two?

That is easy. Post your idea in the Against the Mainstream page, and do the best you can to answer questions about it.

I would recommend reading the stickies at the top of the page before proceeding.

PetersCreek
2010-May-18, 02:02 PM
To add a little more detail, yes you may present against-the-mainstream theories, as long as you follow the rules. If you haven't already done so, please read those rules, linked in my signature line below. Rule 13 covers ATM threads. I also recommend reading Alternate Theory Advice, also below.

Please be aware, the ATM forum is not the place for developing a theory, idle speculation, or spitballing. You'll be challenged to answer questions and provide support for you theory, including math, where appropriate.

With that said, good luck and have fun.

rigney
2010-May-18, 02:05 PM
Thanks, HB. While these theories are not against anything, but merely a thought process; without theory there would be no need for Philosephy. I hope I can stay out of trouble. Thanks again.

Geo Kaplan
2010-May-18, 02:25 PM
Thanks, HB. While these theories are not against anything, but merely a thought process; without theory there would be no need for Philosephy. I hope I can stay out of trouble. Thanks again.

Be sure to understand the difference between a scientific theory (eg, the theory of relativity) and what lay people think the word means. The distinction is very important, and ATM is for folks who believe they have already worked out a scientific theory.

Do be sure to read the stickies. It may also be a good idea to read through a few of the existing ATM threads, to see how things go there. That way, you'll know what to expect.

rigney
2010-May-18, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the advice, I'm sure there'll be a need for every bit of it!!

Geo Kaplan
2010-May-18, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the advice, I'm sure there'll be a need for every bit of it!!

As PetersCreek said, have fun!