PDA

View Full Version : Mobile mode for BAUT?

Solfe
2010-May-22, 10:37 PM
I play this game by Simutronics and their bulletin board system is very old, but they have an option for "mobile mode" which almost makes all of the posting text only. It works very well on my cell phone.

Is there such a feature on BAUT? I am using a Palm Centro which does have a tiny screen, and while I can log into BAUT, I end up having to "zig-zag" back and forth line by line to read the postings.

Solfe

ToSeek
2010-May-25, 07:47 PM
So far as I can tell, basic vBulletin doesn't support it. You can do it with a number of add-ons, but we're reluctant to tinker with the basic installation because it tends to cause other problems.

DrRocket
2010-May-25, 08:37 PM
So far as I can tell, basic vBulletin doesn't support it. You can do it with a number of add-ons, but we're reluctant to tinker with the basic installation because it tends to cause other problems.

But think of the advantages. Reading ATM threads at 80mph on the freeway for instance. It might help to get across the deeper meaning of "inelastic collision".

Fazor
2010-May-25, 08:47 PM
But think of the advantages. Reading ATM threads at 80mph on the freeway for instance. It might help to get across the deeper meaning of "inelastic collision".
Yes, that's all I need. Media reports of traffic accidents caused by Niburu. :)

Solfe
2010-May-28, 12:41 AM
I wonder if there is something I can put on my palm pilot to get that effect? If I find anything I will pop back with an update.

Thank you for checking,

Solfe