PDA

View Full Version : The M Theory

3dknight
2010-Jun-28, 06:15 AM
According to the M theory our universe was created by two colliding universes. What would happen inside the two universes that collided if anything? If you were in those two universes would you even notice a change? Is it possible that our universe could have collided with others without us knowing?

antoniseb
2010-Jun-28, 08:29 AM
According to the M theory our universe was created by two colliding universes. ...

M-Theory doesn't state or predict this, it merely gives it as a possible explanation, with AFAIK no real mathematical work to back it up. ... However, as to the rest of your question, in that idea, the collision caused the Big Bang, and Inflation, which we have noticed.

CJSF
2010-Jun-29, 06:17 PM
I think the OP was asking if the effects of a 2 universe collision would be noticable in the colliding universes rather than the new one spawned by the collision.

Is this correct?

CJSF

baric
2010-Jun-29, 07:18 PM
At specific temperatures and rotational speeds, a transfer of matter between two colliding universes is theoretically possible. This may explain where our socks go when we put them in the dryer.

Infinitenight2093
2010-Jun-29, 07:29 PM
According to the M theory our universe was created by two colliding universes. What would happen inside the two universes that collided if anything? If you were in those two universes would you even notice a change? Is it possible that our universe could have collided with others without us knowing?

The quick answer is no. It is neither universe A or universe B that is inflating, it is an entirely new universe C. Also "collided" is such a harsh term when describing the interactions or universes according to M-theory, it's almost suggesting that universes are like cosmic gas particles that randomly collide, when in reality we have no idea how two membranes interact (if there are even two membranes to talk about)

astromark
2010-Jun-30, 08:55 PM
There can not be a correct answer to such as this question...

I can postulate many ideas and theorize many possible scenarios...

And back up my assertions with nothing more than a probability index...

We can talk of membrane and strings. Of multi universe and parallel realities...

None of it can be proven or even argued as any more than informed speculation...

The M theory was dead before it started. WE do not know. Is a much better answer.

At the beginning of time a Universe was born and we are part of it. I think. Thats My Theory.

I have added a y to the M theory. why... y because its mine I can.

Infinitenight2093
2010-Jun-30, 09:25 PM
There can not be a correct answer to such as this question...

The M theory was dead before it started.
Thats My Theory

I highly disagree. M-theory is just a new line of physics that needs time before it can formulate solid answers. My Theory is that all answers will come with time

3dknight
2010-Jun-30, 09:51 PM
To clear some things up I was wondering if there would be a noticeable change in universe A as a result of bumping into universe B and vice versa. I understand now that the theory is to new to give any solid answers so thanks anyway for your answers and or opinions.

astromark
2010-Jun-30, 10:35 PM
I highly disagree. M-theory is just a new line of physics that needs time before it can formulate solid answers. My Theory is that all answers will come with time

That is a good thing. Unfortunately this M theory has no new substance of fact to make it any thing other than a untested theorem,.
It would not be moved into mainstream scientific view until or unless some part of this theory becomes testable.
In time I do not see answers... just more questions.

Cougar
2010-Jul-03, 01:10 PM
Unfortunately this M theory has no new substance of fact to make it any thing other than a untested theorem.

I think the more you knew about it, the less you would say that.