PDA

View Full Version : Fate Of The Rovers, Part II

TheGalaxyTrio
2004-Mar-27, 03:11 AM
If NASA were to plan a demise of the rovers, which option would you choose?

The Watcher
2004-Mar-27, 03:55 AM
If the two rovers could only find the Pathfinder mission robot then we could have ourselves a convoy!

I voted for Thelma and Louise. Great idea for a Poll! There are probably many witty sugestions to your question.

If the two rovers got together would there be any chance of hearing the whrrr-whrrr of tiny wheels? Or is that incest? :o

Pathfinder 1 Rovers 2
Beagles retired injured

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to get into the spirit of things.
:roll:

If the thunderdome idea was voted for how could they attack each other? I guess they could analyse each other to death. Great close up pictures of the action!

Andromeda321
2004-Mar-27, 04:03 AM
I voted Thunderdome. I just got this image in my mind of two groups of JPL Scientists at mission controls yelling at each other and waiting six minutes for what happened. Complete with breathless commentary by a few news anchors who will not admit on their lives if the six minute delay gets boring.
It'd be the ultimate nerd showoff. Cue the Clint Eastwood music.
8)

Superluminal
2004-Mar-27, 05:28 AM
The ultimate game of cosmic chicken, both rovers approach each other at the breath taking speed of 1 inch per second. Since the rovers are thousands of miles apart, how long would we have to wait for the crash? :-k

Brady Yoon
2004-Mar-28, 04:48 AM
Make 'em take that hill, or better yet, drive it up Mount Olympus (which should take a couple years), or drive it off Valles Marineres! Better to o out with a bang than a whimper. :lol:

Swift
2004-Mar-29, 02:58 PM
I voted Thunderdome, but I was thinking more like Battlebots or Robot Wars.

Regarding playing chicken,
Capt. Bart Mancuso: The hard part about playing chicken is knowin' when to flinch. (Hunt for Red October)

snabald
2004-Mar-29, 04:58 PM
Thunderdome! Rover R.A.T. battle to teh death!!!1!!!1!