PDA

View Full Version : Hoagland's official response to the THEMIS image...

2002-Apr-19, 12:31 AM
I knew it was coming. Hoagland has posted a response to the recent image from THEMIS. God this guy is good. Rather than a ton of ridicule, I think it would be constructive to treat it as we did the moon hoax. Lets really pull together our resources and pose a justified argument to the claims posted on his page.
I must admit, hoagland does pose a pretty good argument for his corner and its no reason he has a ton of followers. Although I personally believe the image shows nothing more than curiously eroded mesas, I have yet to see a truly viable response to his claims. The argument against the "face" itself is solid. But what I can't seem to come to a conclusion on are the mathematical relationships to the other landmarks in the image. Every science cell in my body brushes his claims by the waistside. But I must admit, there is that tiny portion of me that asks "what if"?
I want to hear from those great minds out there that can put this sliver of doubt to rest!!!

4-Lom
2002-Apr-19, 01:15 PM
could you provide a link? sorry...

Phobos
2002-Apr-19, 01:48 PM
On 2002-04-19 09:15, 4-Lom wrote:
could you provide a link? sorry...

I provided this link for someone of the "face on mars" thread in the General Astronomy section. His website is experiencing some technical difficulties at the moment so you may need to try again later if you can't get there at the moment.

Required Link (http://www.enterprisemission.com/sheep.htm)

Phobos

ToSeek
2002-Apr-19, 02:21 PM
On 2002-04-19 09:48, Phobos wrote:
His website is experiencing some technical difficulties at the moment

Clearly the Illuminati don't want us to read what he has to say.

Space Bandito
2002-Apr-19, 04:15 PM
Fnord?

Phobos
2002-Apr-20, 12:26 AM
On 2002-04-19 10:21, ToSeek wrote:

On 2002-04-19 09:48, Phobos wrote:
His website is experiencing some technical difficulties at the moment

Clearly the Illuminati don't want us to read what he has to say.

No, but I bet I know why ... I suspect it's something to do with him appearing on Art Bell's show. Most of Art Bell's guests find their websites are hit for six for a while afterwards. There again, some people do say Art Bell is with the Illuminati ...

Phobos /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phobos on 2002-04-19 20:27 ]</font>

Jigsaw
2002-Apr-20, 01:05 AM
Still "Page Not Found". /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

dapted
2002-Apr-20, 05:32 AM
Somebody tell me what an iluminati is? Is this another "They", as in "they are out to get us"?
Dan

2002-Apr-20, 09:32 AM
Yep-
Its one of those conspiracy theorist secret government things.

By the way, it's 4:17 AM in Phoenix and Hoaglands site is still down. Sheeesh, those moon HB'ers would have a field day with this.....

David Hall
2002-Apr-20, 10:24 AM
Maybe Hoagland forgot to pay his domain fee?

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

2002-Apr-20, 03:14 PM
This Illuminati has backed off...
Hoagi is back up-

David Hall
2002-Apr-20, 03:49 PM
Sheesh. Now that I've had a chance to check it out, I don't know what to say.

Hoagland's ablilty to connect-the-dots has me flabbergasted. He can draw just about any shape he wants to in the sand and have it come out the way he wants it to look.
I mean, if you actually LOOK at what he's drawn, the lines often don't even line up with the features in the photo. But they are just near enough that a casual look doesn't seem out of place.

If you actually bothered to line up the actual features, his symmetry would completely disappear. Not that his shapes are really that symmetrical to begin with if you really look closely. The worst is that supposed "tetrahedron". I swear he created that one out of nothing. Heck, I can see one or two better symmetrical shapes myself in the same area.

The ability of people to deceive themselves and see what isn't there is just amazing.

Jigsaw
2002-Apr-21, 02:30 AM
[patiently wades through Hoagland's "sheep" page]
[falls off computer chair, laughing, at this part]

Science, however, is not supposed to work that way. When a controversial issue such as this is on the table, one that has the potential to completely alter the way we look at ourselves and our history, cooler heads are supposed to prevail and arguments are supposed to be evaluated in their proper context and with appropriate study.

Hoagland, lecturing on how science is supposed to work. ROFLMAO!

Jigsaw
2002-Apr-21, 02:35 AM
On 2002-04-20 01:32, dapted wrote:
Somebody tell me what an iluminati is? Is this another "They", as in "they are out to get us"?
Dan
You serious? Okay. First, you have to supply yourself with many, many large grains of salt.

[hands Dapted a box of Morton's Salt

Ready? Set? Go!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The Skeptic's Dictionary.
http://skepdic.com/illuminati.html

A good sample website.
http://www.prolognet.qc.ca/clyde/illumin.htm

ToSeek
2002-Apr-22, 02:53 PM
On 2002-04-20 11:49, David Hall wrote:

The ability of people to deceive themselves and see what isn't there is just amazing.

I had a big argument with a guy on Usenet who claimed that the D&M pyramid was just as symmetrical as the ones at Giza. When I pointed out that this was not the case, he started talking about erosion. I noted that if the erosion made the Mars pyramid less symmetrical, then it was not as symmetrical as Khufu's. After that it was just a lot of yelling.