PDA

View Full Version : Yet more [people] who believe in Nibiru...

Tenshu
2010-Jul-19, 01:08 AM
Ok, first of all I know I said I would never post anymore Youtube videos, but...after watching these three certain videos which I found trying to debunk someone who was attacking a friend of mine on Youtube I couldn't contain my fear anymore...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbYhUOzfwkQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRRKWjg9QOs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMHDcXavBM0

If the mods or the order of kilopi want to punish me, feel free too but I was just overwhelmed with fear that I desperately needed advice but I didn't know how to ask for it any other way, the makers of these videos are so certain that Nasa is hiding Nibiru and that it's coming in October according to one of them.

I''ve tried so hard and was doing so well for not being suckered in to such videos, but sometimes things just get ouf of control, like what happened today.

If anyone can help me find other ways to find the right way to do things I'd appreaciate it and will start doing that instead.

Again, i'm sorry but fear is a powerful tool, and all because I wanted to help my friend...I deserve death...

Swift
2010-Jul-19, 01:17 AM
I watched the first linked video. It is nonsense. I don't know what SOHO picture he shows, it doesn't look like he showed the whole image. I assume it it some sort of image artifact.

But the claim is that most of us can't see it because Nibiru is below the equator. That would make it visible to thousands upon thousands of amateur astronomers in South America, Australia, New Zealand, and other locations in the Southern Hemisphere (many who are members of BAUT) and to multiple observatories in the Southern Hemisphere and the astronomers who work at them. Even if NASA wanted to cover it up, they have no control over these thousands of people.

If anyone can help me find other ways to find the right way to do things I'd appreaciate it and will start doing that instead.
Yes, stop looking at YouTube, particularly at any videos having to do with Planet X or Nibiru. Don't even look them up, you just get yourself upset.

Again, i'm sorry but fear is a powerful tool, and all because I wanted to help my friend...I deserve death...
Tenshu, dude, you got to learn to chill. You don't deserve death, but you need to stop getting yourself worked up.

LaurelHS
2010-Jul-19, 01:20 AM
I like how they say NASA is hiding Nibiru and the second video says "Do not truth [sic] NASA or any ferderal [sic] agency," but their so-called evidence for Nibiru consists of . . . images from NASA sites. So NASA is apparently hiding Nibiru by putting images of it on their sites for everyone to find. :confused:

TJMac
2010-Jul-19, 01:29 AM
My mother had a favorite quote. "Bad associations will spoil useful habits."

That works in a lot of situations, including spending time watching Youtube videos by folks with questionable expertise and motives. (Not saying they are bad, just saying a viewer has no way of knowing about the maker of a video.)

I might suggest spending more time at forums such as this, that are discussing serious, provable science. That would cut down on the number of alarming videos you see.

Tenshu
2010-Jul-19, 01:35 AM
Swift, thank you for being kind to me and I believe in your words greatly, you've helped me to start feeling better too, thank you so much.

Gillianren
2010-Jul-19, 02:09 AM
. . . The makers of these videos are so certain that Nasa is hiding Nibiru and that it's coming in October according to one of them.

Frankly, so what? There are people who are sure space aliens are talking to them in their heads. There are people who are sure the Earth is hollow--there are people who are sure the Earth is flat. You name some lunatic belief, someone somewhere believes it. What you need to do is stop looking at what these people believe. What you need to look at is the quality of their evidence. Are their claims believable? Do they rely on a cover-up which would be, let's face it, physically impossible given all the amateur astronomers in the world? Do they rely on some sort of magic technology ("the aliens are hiding Planet X from us with a dust cloud!")? And here's a fun one--how many times have you heard that exact claim before . . . for a date which has already passed?

astromark
2010-Jul-19, 06:41 AM
'Tenshu.' I have looked at those links provided... As I am open to 'new' information and when found am receptive of it...

This is not that... 'dismiss' these fears as unfounded... that is the truth. I ask you to look deeper for facts.

I offer the following as 'qualified to respond.'

I am the secretary and key holder. One of the small group of people that actually run an Observatory.

The Ward Observatory was one of the first southern hemisphere observatories equipped to compile a catalog of double stars.

We still use the 'Thomas Cook 24cm Refractor' and have other scopes to open this Observatory to the public weekly.

Amongst the equipment we have a spectrometer and a solar filter... The solar filter is a very useful tool.

With it I have observed directly Mercury very near to and some times actually watched it going into the Solar disk....

Behind it actually... When that happens I have NOT observed other objects ...

For a better argument try this... For there to be a object approaching the co ordnance to be of 'any' concern

It would need to be moving across the Solar system so as to intercept Earth.

It could not be behind the solar disk... In order to do that it would need to match the velocity of Earth...

If that were the case, it could not intercept Earth could it...

I have looked at the maths involved and sleep well.... I hope to have helped. Mark.

Tedward
2010-Jul-19, 07:15 AM
Someone correct me but.....
Not done it to scale but I wonder if you show them a picture of the southern hemisphere then do the geometry to whit a circle with a few tangents converging below the imaginary south pole (the circle). Then mention the earth moves in three ways, orbit around the sun, revolution on its axis and the result of its tilt (sort of a movement but its a result of the revolution and orbit and tilt).

Must spend the time to work this one so some things I have considered but not addressed.
How far away the point is when the tangents converge. How big a planet could hide in the blind spot (for the sake of argument here, the "blind spot" has continents in it). Also using such a diagram could illustrate what can and cannot be seen.

Sorry about the poor approach in not trying it myself first. It might a load of old crock.

astromark
2010-Jul-19, 09:22 AM
Right now. In real time... there are satellites some distance from earth... observing the Sun.

They are at such distant points that from there view planet earth is at a greater distance than the sun...

One of these such satellites is almost six months behind Earth... can you imagine the view...?

In order for a object of such mass as to be considered a threat or danger. It could not be hiding. That is not possible.

Just to settle this you should also be informed that a satellite is also orbiting the sun at a 90deg angle to the plain of the solar system.

That is observing in the inf-red spectrum... We have it covered... There is no blind spot... We are looking. 24 / 7.

Draw your little diagrams and consider the view from those objects...

Join a astronomical society... ask lots of questions... There are no secrets... Its all right there.

Nowhere Man
2010-Jul-19, 03:13 PM
I've tried so hard and was doing so well for not being suckered in to such videos, but sometimes things just get ouf of control, like what happened today.

The best advice I can give you is to stay the heck away from YouTube and visit a library.

Besides, wasn't Niburu supposed to end the world in December of 2012 and not this October?

Fred

Paul Beardsley
2010-Jul-19, 04:52 PM
Tenshu, do you live in fear of Voldemort? Sauron? Lord Foul? The Hitcher (with his Solo Polo vision)? Long John Silver? The Daleks?

I'm guessing that if you are reading this, you are shaking your head and saying something along the lines of, "Well no, why should I be scared of fictional threats?"

Add Nibiru to the list.

Jim
2010-Jul-19, 04:59 PM
The first date for the earth's demise by Planet X was May 27, 2003. This was the date given to Nancy Lieder by the Zetans. However - after she offed her dogs to save them the pain and misery of the destruction event - Nancy was able to convince the Zetans to use their technology to delay X's arrival until 2007.

When that date was missed, 12/21/2012 became the next Doomsday Date, based on the "prophecies" of the Mayans.

Odds are extremely good the date will again be revised around, say, Thanksgiving of 2012.

MaDeR
2010-Jul-19, 05:16 PM
Revised, yes, but... anyone knows what will be new Date of Doom? Any contenders? It is little too long to 2100.

Swift
2010-Jul-19, 05:54 PM
Given the data in Jim's thread, plus the fact that we were all going to die from Millennium bugs on 1/1/00, it would appear dooms average 4 years apart (range of 3 to 5), so my guess would be some time around the beginning of 2017. ;)

MartianMarvin
2010-Jul-19, 08:46 PM
The first date for the earth's demise by Planet X was May 27, 2003. This was the date given to Nancy Lieder by the Zetans. However - after she offed her dogs to save them the pain and misery of the destruction event - Nancy was able to convince the Zetans to use their technology to delay X's arrival until 2007.

When that date was missed, 12/21/2012 became the next Doomsday Date, based on the "prophecies" of the Mayans.

I haven't bothered keeping up with Mrs. Lieder's claims for some time, now, but I don't recall that she claimed to have convinced the Zetans to delay the doomsday by several years or that she's given a new date for the arrival of PX.

If memory serves, when the May 2003 date was missed she started pushing the date back for a couple of years before finally claiming (in 2005, I think) that the Zetans told her that they lied about the arrival to force the collective hand of the powers that be, and substituted the arrival of Earth's dark twin in place of Planet X's arrival. Since then she has since given no date that I'm aware of, but yet still points to every quake, storm, and mysterious object photo as evidence of the arrival of Planet X (or Earth's Dark Twin), and has settled down to prepare herself and others for some sort of transition of being, give the occasional Zeta Talk at Godlike Productions, and declines to defend her PX claims. Given the backlash from the "white lie" incident, I think that she's been reluctant to make another firm date prediction, although I can see how 2012 might tempt her. Still, she's made so many ridiculous claims and has contradicted herself on a regular basis; I wouldn't be surprised to learn that she has indeed made these claims.

NGCHunter
2010-Jul-19, 10:09 PM
I can tell you right now the first video shows Venus entering the heliospheric imager which always produces funny looking lens flares and that the second video is a complete hoax and a lie. The second video shows Mars; jcattera lies about the coordinates of the things he films. After people on various conspiracy forums caught onto the fact that he was actually filming Mars and lying about it he switched the area he was actually filming clear across the sky to the star Dubhe. Astrometry of his videos proved this for both cases:
True coordinates of his first video showing mars:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/astropics/4497481178/
Mars had to be cloned out since the astrometry software cannot account for planets in the frame, causing them to be rejected. It cannot give a false positive, but it can reject images that contain unexpected objects or planets. Mars wasn't perfectly centered in this view before being cloned out, but if you know where it is in his video and compare it to the picture you find the coordinates to be a match for the date he filmed that video.
True coordinates of his video showing Dubhe:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/astropics/4507015994/
This one is easier since it's just a regular star and the software can directly identify it. It's slam-dunk proof that he knew he was lying. It was nowhere near where he said he was looking and he claims he verified the coordinates with his LX200.

KA9Q
2010-Jul-20, 03:10 AM
Oooh, is there an online service where I can send a picture of the star background and have it analyzed and recognized? That's pretty cool! Can I get software to do it myself? How much CPU time does it take to process an image? This could be very useful!

Followup: Never mind, I found the software myself. I've occasionally wondered if something like this would be possible, it's great to see someone doing it.

Has anyone tried giving it the images returned by the far-UV camera flown on Apollo 16? I'd be especially interested in those images that included the earth. I know they've already been analyzed and shown to be the correct stars for that location and time on the moon.

agingjb
2010-Jul-20, 07:56 AM
It would appear that, unsurprisingly, the "more people that believe in Nibiru" do not include all the perpetrators of videos proclaiming its existence.

Tenshu
2010-Jul-31, 09:26 PM
well i know it's been awhile since i've been here but i can safely say i'm not scared anymore, sure i had one tiny altercation over the past few days but after seeing the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55ZPkzC7wOQ

I can clearly see how stupid some people on youtube are, especailly since the poster of the video claims 90% of videos of nibiru on youtube aren't the result of lens flare but they clearly are when you look at them and use common sense.

I would like to think all of you for being helpful and nice to me, because i can sleep better now than I was eleven days ago. Thank you.

Peter B
2010-Aug-01, 07:27 AM
...I would like to think all of you for being helpful and nice to me, because i can sleep better now than I was eleven days ago. Thank you.

It's hearing stories like this which are one of the things that I find make being a skeptic worthwhile.

And a salutory reminder that we make a difference.

Paul Beardsley
2010-Aug-01, 10:44 AM
It's hearing stories like this which are one of the things that I find make being a skeptic worthwhile.

And a salutory reminder that we make a difference.

Amen to that.

ravens_cry
2010-Aug-01, 06:39 PM
If I was a real unscrupulousness fellow and had the capital to do so, I would buy up homes and property from Nibiru believers who are convinced it is the end of the world and therefore don't need such possessions.

Gillianren
2010-Aug-01, 07:18 PM
Somehow, few of them ever think that way.

NEOWatcher
2010-Aug-02, 02:28 PM
If I was a real unscrupulousness fellow and had the capital to do so, I would buy up homes and property from Nibiru believers who are convinced it is the end of the world and therefore don't need such possessions.
It's been done, and without "buying" them. The issue is the believers need a place to go after being relieved of thier possesions. So; you'll need a compound, and a way to keep the belief going. Of course, you'll need a supply of kool-aid too.

Gillianren
2010-Aug-02, 06:30 PM
Flavor Aid.

Tenshu
2010-Aug-03, 02:44 AM
people are actually selling thier stuff? that's even sadder than the group i read about going around and trying to get people to join thier "arc" to save people.

If I truely believed in Nibiru, i would probably be in a mental facility but finding out the truth with the people on this sites help has stopped that.

Spoons
2010-Aug-03, 03:18 AM
Glad to help.

Wait, I didn't do anything.

Well, glad the above characters helped! Spread the word of what you've learnt, or even just where to get set right in understanding (here!), to those you encounter who are concerned and might otherwise infect the minds of others with ignorance based fear. (When I use the word ignorance, understand I am not using it in a nasty, derogatory fashion.)

ineluki
2010-Aug-03, 11:14 AM
Given the data in Jim's thread, plus the fact that we were all going to die from Millennium bugs on 1/1/00, it would appear dooms average 4 years apart (range of 3 to 5), so my guess would be some time around the beginning of 2017. ;)

That's my guess as well, generally the next doomsday has to be close enough to bother people, and enough in the future for the frauds to mild it for some time.

Spoons
2010-Aug-03, 11:19 AM
Yeah, doomsday has a lot of parallels with the Olympics.

:D

Swift
2010-Aug-03, 03:10 PM
Yeah, doomsday has a lot of parallels with the Olympics.

:D
The next doomsday will take place in London?

;)

Strange
2010-Aug-03, 03:16 PM

That would be great: I would be able to go and watch. Better than Dr Who, any day.

Spoons
2010-Aug-04, 12:50 AM
...Better than Dr Who, any day.

How dare ye!

It does seem to have the gloomy weather for it. And I read somewhere that the next doomsday will involve bad teeth.

Tenshu
2010-Aug-04, 04:03 AM
Well going by what I last heard on youtube before all this mess started I heard October of this year aka Nibiru's arrival time, and someone from Austrailia said they saw it coming, but I think they were lying.

Cause we would you know...be able to see it plain as day by now.

Spoons
2010-Aug-04, 04:10 AM
Does Nibiru look just like the sun? Because I think I see it.

In other conspiracy news, someone stole our sun. Reptiles are cold blooded, right? Hmmm.

Tenshu
2010-Aug-04, 04:22 AM
^my thoughts exactly.

Strange
2010-Aug-04, 09:12 AM
In other conspiracy news, someone stole our sun.

And replaced it with an exact replica.

Swift
2010-Aug-04, 01:06 PM
And replaced it with an exact replica.
I don't know, the new one doesn't seem to be working quite right, it just spit out a big chunk of itself. I think Sol v2.0 might need a further upgrade. I'm not going to install it in my solar system till they release Sol v2.1.

NickW
2010-Aug-04, 06:27 PM
I don't know, the new one doesn't seem to be working quite right, it just spit out a big chunk of itself. I think Sol v2.0 might need a further upgrade. I'm not going to install it in my solar system till they release Sol v2.1.

Maybe it is a beta release.

Donnie B.
2010-Aug-05, 09:03 PM
Alpha and beta, but not much gamma.

zenbudda
2010-Aug-06, 05:44 PM
I am still waiting for this story to become a movie. Yes yes yes there have been movies and books that touched on these topics but nothing as "almost elaborate" as Niribu and the Annuaki. I think it's a great "story".

But the biggest "proof" to me is the disconnectedness between the mayan calendar and sumerian texts. if the sumerians were indeed smart, they'd have a calendar that matched up to the mayan calendar.

R.A.F.
2010-Aug-07, 03:51 PM
I am still waiting for this story to become a movie. Yes yes yes there have been movies and books that touched on these topics but nothing as "almost elaborate" as Niribu and the Annuaki. I think it's a great "story".

Other than to "promote" pseudoscience, (such as the movie 2012 did) I can't think of any reason such a movie should be made...of course that didn't stop the producers of 2012.

But the biggest "proof" to me is the disconnectedness between the mayan calendar and sumerian texts. if the sumerians were indeed smart, they'd have a calendar that matched up to the mayan calendar.

Why? For what purpose would the Sumerians "match" their calendar with the Mayans calendar??...or perhaps I should ask, what do you mean by "match"?

Garrison
2010-Aug-07, 06:10 PM
Other than to "promote" pseudoscience, (such as the movie 2012 did) I can't think of any reason such a movie should be made...of course that didn't stop the producers of 2012.

Why? For what purpose would the Sumerians "match" their calendar with the Mayans calendar??...or perhaps I should ask, what do you mean by "match"?

It's also rather back to front, the Sumerians predated the Mayans.

Sardonicone
2010-Aug-08, 08:38 PM

Battlefield Earth?

Close but no cigar.

MaDeR
2010-Aug-10, 10:34 PM
I think he by "match" meant that both calendars (Mayan and proposed Sumerian) would "predict" end of world (yes, I know, end of Long Count have nothing to do with it, yadda yadda) at same time.

EDG
2010-Aug-10, 11:26 PM

Have you seen 2012? I'm not entirely sure that it was actually "promoting" anything - I think it was really making all these wacky claims look completely ridiculous. They even had a scene where someone has a car crash in the same tunnel in France where Princess Di was killed, and one of the characters made a big deal out of that connection. I suspect there was an subtle undercurrent of mockery for such conspiracies there...