PDA

View Full Version : If I am not "Toseeked" check this Onion Page out.....very funny!

vonmazur
2010-Jul-21, 05:12 AM
Fellows: Here is a link to a page on The Onion, entitled "Conspiracy Therorist Convinces Neil Armstrong......

http://www.theonion.com/articles/conspiracy-theorist-convinces-neil-armstrong-moon,2796/

IT is quite funny...

Dale in AL

Spoons
2010-Jul-21, 06:25 AM
I'm sure I have seen that article linked to on here before. Probably more of an OTB item, but yes, quite humorous.

vonmazur
2010-Jul-21, 06:45 AM
Darn it! Someone found it first....That is what I get for working too hard at the job, and not surfing the net enough!!

Dale

Spoons
2010-Jul-21, 06:51 AM
Yes, that is the folly of your ways. Still, until someone can cite the thread I saw it in it could just be my psychotic, err, psychic powers.

moog
2010-Jul-21, 06:59 AM
I was given that article by someone who thought it was real and that it was 'proof' for the moon hoax.
That was quite depressing.

Van Rijn
2010-Jul-21, 07:23 AM
Yes, that is the folly of your ways. Still, until someone can cite the thread I saw it in it could just be my psychotic, err, psychic powers.

Well, here's one:

http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php/92867-Lol-Conspiracy-theorist-convinces-Armstrong-that-the-Moon-landing-was-faked

But it doesn't hurt to post it again.

Spoons
2010-Jul-21, 02:32 PM
But it doesn't hurt to post it again.
Oh, agreed. It put a smile on my face and I wouldn't have been looking at it were it not for vonmazur posting it, so I certainly appreciated it.

MartianMarvin
2010-Jul-21, 04:23 PM
I was given that article by someone who thought it was real and that it was 'proof' for the moon hoax.
That was quite depressing.

Also done by Jack White at the Education Forum (http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=14751&view=findpost&p=171871). Depressing and bizarre.

Gillianren
2010-Jul-21, 05:38 PM
Yeah, I ended up having to explain the concept of The Onion to a couple of friends. Not that they believed it; they were just confused.

slang
2010-Jul-21, 11:56 PM
Yeah, I ended up having to explain the concept of The Onion to a couple of friends. Not that they believed it; they were just confused.

One of my friends called The Onion "biased", and not a reliable news source. I just laughed. Thanks vonmazur, well worth reading again.

"Yes, at the time I thought those thousands of NASA employees were working round the clock for the same incredible goal, but if anyone would know what was really going on, it would be Ralph Coleman," Armstrong said of the 31-year-old part-time librarian's assistant. "He knows a lot more about faked moon landings than I ever could. He's been researching the subject on the Internet for years."

"Literally years," he added.

Just beautiful. "Ook". :)

ETA: oh darn, I already did the Ook in the other thread. Oh well.

I think the guys at the Onion are trying to replace the word satire with onion. Oniony? Onioinize?

vonmazur
2010-Jul-21, 11:56 PM
Explain?? It is National Lampoon making fun on the net?? Right?? Same National Stock Number, different noun nomenclature....

Dale

Spoons
2010-Jul-22, 01:20 AM
I think the guys at the Onion are trying to replace the word satire with onion. Oniony? Onioinize?

Maybe they can be referred to as caramelized factoids.