PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another really, really bad YouTube video

Stars15k
2010-Aug-04, 12:48 PM
Here is a link to a new video posted at YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH1ByUqUOMs

Apparently this person, without training of any kind, without telescope, without even more of a zoom capacity than a "good" $300 digital camera and video camera has been spending his time looking at a particular "star"that is obviously getting bigger and brighter, AND (this is the real kicker into hall-of-fame status for an astronomical object) visibly swings back and forth. Yep, he watches it move apparently. I have asked for further information about that claim, wondering if he means what he says or he has noticed a planetary (it's been suggested it is Jupiter) apparently backward path in Earth's sky, but don't expect an answer civilized enough to post.
We have history...he makes outrageous claims, I counter with logic and science, he insults me, then blocks me so I cannot tell him when he is wrong. I have a debunking credo: "If science has an answer, then science IS the answer". So far by those rules, he has been wrong about pretty much everything. He posted a picture of V838 Monocerotis as the "then-thought-to-be-visibly-red" Nibiru and tried to pass off a camera flare and sun dog as "second sun". Oy.......
So, any opinions I can share?

Bobbar
2010-Aug-04, 06:59 PM
Don't waste your time. It's just escapism for those people. Logic and rational thought is not something they care to understand, and are completely blind to its benefits.

John Jaksich
2010-Aug-05, 05:44 AM
Don't waste your time. It's just escapism for those people. Logic and rational thought is not something they care to understand, and are completely blind to its benefits.

That is well-said---

No one can really spend much time skewering a product that has no real value without affecting one's personal judgement and intellect!