PDA

View Full Version : I am getting so bored...

mugaliens
2010-Aug-12, 07:01 AM
Sorry, folks, but I'm actually eating oatmeal these days.

Raw.

And it's actually tasty.

Antice
2010-Aug-12, 07:42 AM
I just had some too. 5 minutes ago as of this posting. raw with milk and blueberry jam. both tasty and good for the ol digestion. I'm thinking it would make a great contribution to the diet in any long duration spaceflight. Getting enough storable fibre in the diet sort of demand this kind of product.

Procyan
2010-Aug-12, 08:02 AM
OK, I'll play....You always look up when you go outside, even when overcast. You have no favourite star, but confess to a hankerin for Dolly P.
You are 55 to 59. You're mortgage is paid. No grand kids yet. BP is on the high side of normal. Dr. said you might benefit from a statin drug. You've recently read that low GI foods are good for you. You think of Frank Zappa's song about Pajama People at get togethers. You've always had an expectation that humanity would continously improve with each passing decade. You conclude that human beings are the only animals that never live up to their full potential.
Fav movie: Dogstar
Fav song: Fly me to the moon
Fav colour: 340 to 750 nm
Pets: a cat and a jade plant that keeps hangin in there...
ok how did I do :)

WaxRubiks
2010-Aug-12, 08:02 AM
http://www.bautforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13553&d=1281600121

mugaliens
2010-Aug-13, 01:42 AM
I just had some too. 5 minutes ago as of this posting. raw with milk and blueberry jam. both tasty and good for the ol digestion. I'm thinking it would make a great contribution to the diet in any long duration spaceflight. Getting enough storable fibre in the diet sort of demand this kind of product.

Exactly! Well, close, anyway. I do like blueberries in my oatmeal, along with butter (a milk byproduct), cinnamon, and vanilla.

When I go backpacking, I carry rolled/shreaded oatmeal as it's filling, very lightweight, and needs no prep.

OK, I'll play....You always look up when you go outside, even when overcast. You have no favourite star, but confess to a hankerin for Dolly P.
You are 55 to 59. You're mortgage is paid. No grand kids yet. BP is on the high side of normal. Dr. said you might benefit from a statin drug. You've recently read that low GI foods are good for you. You think of Frank Zappa's song about Pajama People at get togethers. You've always had an expectation that humanity would continously improve with each passing decade. You conclude that human beings are the only animals that never live up to their full potential.
Fav movie: Dogstar
Fav song: Fly me to the moon
Fav colour: 340 to 750 nm
Pets: a cat and a jade plant that keeps hangin in there...
ok how did I do :)

Lol, Procyon! This is so funny, but I'm sorry - aside from the GI foods, you're batting low... I'm 47. I do tend to have high BP, but keep it in check through exercise. The only think I ever liked about Zappa was Valley Girl. As for the other answers: Matrix, Save Me, blue, and no pets or plants. I think most humans as well as most living things rise only to whatever level is necessary to ensure survival and procreation. Granted, some folks go above and beyond...

Good one, Frog. :)

Swift
2010-Aug-13, 02:29 AM
Well, to help fight the boredom, we'll just play a round of following the moving thread.

Which way did it go? (http://www.entertonement.com/clips/lflwhgwnlc--which-wayLooney-Toons-Snowman-)

danscope
2010-Aug-13, 09:07 PM
Hi, Oatmeal, the good way, goes like this: Peel two apples , slicer divides them, into sauce pan with a little butter, dash of salt, some brown sugar and a tablespoon of orange juice. Dash of cinnamon and nutmeg. Medium heat, glass cover. Keep an eye on this, stir occasionally.
Boil water for two servings of oatmeal (never instant). It takes just as long to make the good one.
Add a handfull of raisins to water. Bring to boil. Add oatmeal . Stir. Dash of salt . Cover and simmer 5 minutes, stir occasionally.
When done, add sauteed apples plus 1/2 cup walnuts, slightly chopped.Serve warm with a taste of light cream or half n half(1 TBS.)
This is a far cry from plain porridge. Really . And it will help to lower your cholesterol and it is extraordinarily good for your system.
This works.
Best regards,
Dan

Antice
2010-Aug-16, 02:28 PM
That is a tad involved for a breakfast no?
I cant stand eating it as porridge. Raw is best imho, just add whatever dried or fresh fruits, nuts or other goodies you desire and pour some milk over it. it's faster than a slice of bread to make. just remember to let the oat's soak a bit before eating or you may get an uneasy feeling in your stomach. your mileage may vary on that tho. my prefered brand is a rolled wholegrain type. (Nordic brand so probably not for sale in the US.) I've been eating this stuff more or less regularily since i was 3 years old. It definately helps keeping the digestive system fit and efficient.

danscope
2010-Aug-16, 06:40 PM
On the contrary, the apples are dead simple. You don't even need to peel them, really.
The raisins take care of themselves.
The walnuts can be crumbled in your hand with brute force. :)
Start your day with a smile.
Dan

BigDon
2010-Aug-16, 07:07 PM
I wake up at anywhere between 5 and 7 AM and unless I'm working I can't stand eating solid food until about 1 PM. Sucrose and caffiene sustain me until then.

Moving furniture on the otherhand requires 6000 calories a day to maintain a steady body weight. (If you're doing it right) That's a just sitting on your butt day's calories in each meal.