PDA

View Full Version : What's happened to Astronomy Cast?

ThomasAJ
2010-Aug-23, 11:06 AM
Episode 194 was posted approx. 7th. Aug but the narration tells us it's June 14. For a long time now these podcasts have been posted months behind recording dates.

I love the shows but why are the posts so FAAAAAAAAR behind the recording dates?

Empyre
2010-Aug-24, 05:05 AM
Pamela and Fraser are not getting paid to make Astronomy Cast. They are doing it in their spare time, which is apparently running scarce right now. The dates are off like that because they indend to catch up.

ThomasAJ
2010-Aug-24, 11:35 AM
Yes yes yes we all know that.

But it's getting serious. Astronomycast is not appearing in Apple's "Science n Medicine" category like it used to - well not in Oz anyway. (120 shows do appear)

I fear it's all over now. Sob, sniff, boo hoo. I am not being facetious...just sad.

Mawech
2010-Aug-26, 06:08 PM
Episode 195 is out and about on Libsyn and has been for a while, but it does not appear on either AstronomyCast website nor on iTunes, so what's going on I have not got a clue.:confused:
iTunes is asking if I want to unsubscribe as I haven't listened in a while; I fear this is the beginning of the end.
:cry:

DaneelOlivaw
2010-Aug-27, 05:27 PM
Episode 195 is available on iTunes now. I am guessing Pamela and Frazier are just very busy with other things right now (Pamela is a professor, right, so she has to be ramping up for the school year) and the new episodes are just going to arrive very slowly.

Starbear5
2010-Aug-27, 10:17 PM
OH There is a God ! A new Episode of Astronomy Cast! - Life is Worth living again !!!! thankyouy thankyou thankyou - it's just like christmas really heh hehe (ok so i'm one of those anonying but fun fans .....when is the next episode coming out ????

syousef
2010-Aug-31, 10:27 PM
It's a fantastic show, so please don't let it die a horrible death. Perhaps life's taken you in other directions, you have other priorities or you're not getting funding (I read Pamela's post on Starstryder about the dire situation in US Universities). If that's the case, it's unfortunate, but life doesn't always go the way you want. But if you do have to stop please don't go out with a wimper. You're just shy of 200 (non-question) episodes. Why not make your next 4 or 5 shows really count - pick interesting and complicated topics that are a challenge - and go out with a bang? You've tackled quantum mechanics and relativity, and I'm sure you could come up with something sensational.

On the other hand if the reasons for your output slowing down are temporary, keep up the good work - can't wait to hear more.

warp10
2010-Sep-01, 02:12 AM
I'd love to get a look at Pam and Fraser's todo list specifically for AstronomyCast ideas. I don't think we need fear that they've run out of material, and I sure know they're not running short on interest; I'd just love to see what material is slated for another day - I know there's plenty of times in the show when they say that they could do a whole podcast on some topic that they cover only in passing as it is relevant to the theme of that podcast. Sure is a fascinating catalog of material already, though - I'm still catching up!

ThomasAJ
2010-Sep-05, 12:42 PM
I wonder if Fraser and Pamela have had a falling out?

geonuc
2010-Sep-06, 11:02 AM
I wonder if Fraser and Pamela have had a falling out?
Didn't seem so when I saw them both doing an episode of Astronomy Cast at Dragon*Con.

andyschlei
2010-Sep-08, 05:27 PM
Nothing has happened.

Per Pamela's blog (http://www.starstryder.com/2010/08/23/there-be-dragons-voorwerps/):

after a summer hiatus, Astronomy Cast is coming back full force

swampyankee
2010-Sep-09, 10:29 AM
Episode 197 has shown up on my iTunes, but where is Episode 196? It seems to be missing.