PDA

View Full Version : Nhl 2010-11

Parrothead
2010-Oct-07, 06:39 PM
The season is underway, Carolina and Minnesota are playing in Helsinki. I'm looking forward to the Leafs-Habs tonight. I may watch Game 6 from the 1967 playoffs as a warmup (last time Leafs won the Cup). Look through a piece of memorabilia from 40 years ago Esso Power Players (http://www.greatesthockeylegends.com/2007/08/remembering-esso-power-players.html). My copy only has half the stamps including greats such as Howe, Hull, both Mahovlichs and more. Bonehead me removed the Orr stamp and put it in another album sponsored by a grocery chain a few years later, that book went missing.

Back on topic, I've got my Leafs Hawaiian shirt on, Leafs lineup:

Goal
Jean-Sebastien Giguere
Jonas Gustvasson

Defence
Dion Phaneuf, Francois Beauchemin
Mike Komisarek, Carl Gunnarsson
Luke Schenn, Tomas Kaberle

Forwards
Kris Versteeg, Tyler Bozak, Phil Kessel
Clarke MacArthur, Mikhail Grabovksi, Nikolai Kulemin
Fredrik Sjostrom, Tim Brent, Colby Armstrong
Mike Brown, Mike Zigomanis, Colton Orr

They should be better than last season, good enough to make the playoffs, perhaps.

Go Leafs!

Parrothead
2010-Oct-16, 03:48 PM
The Leafs have started the season 4-0! First time since '93. Start planning the parade route! (jk)

Nice Gordie Howe hat-trick (goal, assist and fight) by Datsyuk at the Wings' home-opener. Beauty of a fight, to secure the hat-trick!

Felt for the commentators in Vancouver last weekend, the home-opener against the Kings was in original style jerseys from 40 yeras ago (Canucks' first season in the NHL). No names on the jerseys, just numbers, figure they knew most of the line-ups anyways.

jrkeller
2010-Oct-19, 02:19 PM
I'll give my yearly response to this thread.

GO WINGS!!!!!

rigel
2010-Oct-19, 06:42 PM
Go Flyers! Hope they have a decent goalie this year.

Parrothead
2010-Nov-20, 03:33 PM
RIP Pat Burns. Cancer finally beat him. Won a Stanley Cup with New Jersey and was a 3 time Jack Adams winner.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=341947

Burns was the only coach to win the Adams Trophy as the NHL's top bench boss with three different teams -- Montreal in 1989, Toronto in 1993 and Boston in 1998.

The Cup runs in Toronto in '93 and '94 were awesome. He should have been voted into the Hockey Hall of Fame this year, it was a shame that he wasn't. Leafs play the Habs in Montreal tonight, I have to figure they will do some sort of ceremony honouring him. I'll raise a brew to his memory at game time.

Parrothead
2010-Nov-26, 03:53 PM
On this date in 1917, the NHL was formed. Teams included: Montreal Canadiens, Montreal Wanderers, Ottawa Senators, Quebec Bulldogs and Toronto Arenas.

This date in 1978, first NHL game I attended, Leafs beat Penguins 8 - 2. My only memory of the game, one heck of a slapshot from Salming from just inside the blue line, finding the top corner of the Pens' net.

Leafs play the Sabres tonight.