PDA

View Full Version : recent coast to coast: more bunk??

thoth II
2010-Oct-13, 02:21 PM
Baut people, please give me the short course on the ATM nature (I am guessing it is ATM) bunk on CTC in last week:

(1) "chemtrails" two guys were saying that "contrails" (which are real) in last 15 years have been spraying out aluminum and some other bad stuff that has been falling to earth. My guess is that this is total make up stuff, but BAUT science people, please give me the explanation for what this stuff is. Of course, they are implying it is some deliberate program to spray earth, but that can't be the case.. Is this stuff just really "contrails" and they are just imagining stuff like "UFOs"

(2) recent weakening of the magnetic field of earth. Is this happening enough to where it is a problem, for example, with recent flares, letting the protective cover of the earth down?

Fazor
2010-Oct-13, 02:28 PM
Baut people, please give me the short course on the ATM nature (I am guessing it is ATM) bunk on CTC in last week:

(1) "chemtrails" two guys were saying that "contrails" (which are real) in last 15 years have been spraying out aluminum and some other bad stuff that has been falling to earth. My guess is that this is total make up stuff, but BAUT science people, please give me the explanation for what this stuff is. Of course, they are implying it is some deliberate program to spray earth, but that can't be the case.. Is this stuff just really "contrails" and they are just imagining stuff like "UFOs"

(Help me debunk the chemtrail believers...!!! (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php/17557-Help-me-debunk-the-CHEMTRAILS-belivers...!!!!)) Here's a (long) thread in the "Conspiracy Theories" section that will tell you all you need to know about the 'Chemtrail' nonsense.

I'll leave the second question up to someone else.

thoth II
2010-Oct-13, 02:43 PM
fazor

thanks, I'll read that thread

Gillianren
2010-Oct-13, 04:21 PM
See, I didn't have to read the thread to know the answer to the question.

Fazor
2010-Oct-13, 05:13 PM
See, I didn't have to read the thread to know the answer to the question.

The thing with the ridiculous "Chemtrail" """Theory""" (I had to use all those quotes, even calling it a 'theory' in jest isn't fair!) is that it's one of those where the arguments against are so numerous, so obvious, and so overwhelming that it's quickly clear to anyone who is being objective that this silly claim is nothing more than paranoid fantasy.

Which is why I linked the thread; from what I remember (I participated off and on, as a reader and probably a few random comments), the thread hits all the aspects of the claim at one point or another.

ETA: I meant to mention to Thoth II, don't get the terms "Con-trails" and "chem-trails" confused. "Con-trails" are real, and a by-product of jet propulsion. "Chem-trails" is a term that means that these trails are not simply by-products of an airplane's engines, but rather a cocktail of chemicals being sprayed over the population at large like a mass crop dusting.

NEOWatcher
2010-Oct-13, 05:22 PM
Contrails probably do have aluminum and other "bad" things in them. But; they are in such miniscule amounts that it's not even a factor.

It's that second sentence that these people love to omit to make it sound ominous.

There's arsenic in your drinking water (http://water.epa.gov/lawsregs/rulesregs/sdwa/arsenic/index.cfm).
Now; what would you think if I didn't provide the link or any other quantitative statements?

Fazor
2010-Oct-13, 05:24 PM
Now; what would you think if I didn't provide the link or any other quantitative statements?
Probably, "Thank god I stick to beer and soda!" ? Ha.

R.A.F.
2010-Oct-13, 06:40 PM
I "could" understand the chemtrail nonsense if the planes were flying low, say 15/20 feet off the ground...like cropdusters. At least then the method of "delivery" would make sense.

But 30 thousand + feet high and proponents expect these trails to have a demonstrative effect at ground level?

Don't make me laugh...

thoth II
2010-Oct-13, 07:31 PM
I "could" understand the chemtrail nonsense if the planes were flying low, say 15/20 feet off the ground...like cropdusters. At least then the method of "delivery" would make sense.

But 30 thousand + feet high and proponents expect these trails to have a demonstrative effect at ground level?

Don't make me laugh...

yes , RAF, you make a good point.

DukePaul
2010-Oct-13, 09:33 PM
Most Americans apply aluminum salts to their armpits each day so maybe that's what the mysterious aircraft are doing: killing body odor on a vast scale.

Van Rijn
2010-Oct-14, 12:14 AM

Aluminum is the most abundant metal in the Earth's crust, so if you take a dust sample (which is what I think they're doing here), it would be hard not to find aluminum.

(2) recent weakening of the magnetic field of earth. Is this happening enough to where it is a problem, for example, with recent flares, letting the protective cover of the earth down?

No. The magnetic field varies over the long term, but there isn't any evidence anything dramatic will happen soon. Also, these guys seem to forget we have an atmosphere that provides excellent radiation shielding. There is geological evidence for magnetic reversals (the last one around 800,000 years ago), but there isn't evidence for mass extinctions related to them. Here's a page on some of the claims (naturally tied to the 2012 stuff):

http://www.universetoday.com/18977/2012-no-geomagnetic-reversal/

The Backroad Astronomer
2010-Oct-14, 01:56 AM

They are doing this because people have become wise to the plans of putting this stuff in you through vaccines.

HenrikOlsen
2010-Oct-14, 04:54 PM
They are doing this because people have become wise to the plans of putting this stuff in you through vaccines.
Do you mean that in the sense that most people (with the exception of the child killer) understand that they don't put this stuff in vaccines so the scaremongers have to find another way to scare people?

The Backroad Astronomer
2010-Oct-14, 05:28 PM
Do you mean that in the sense that most people (with the exception of the child killer) understand that they don't put this stuff in vaccines so the scaremongers have to find another way to scare people?

I was trying to be a little sarcastic about the antivax movement.

thoth II
2010-Oct-14, 09:52 PM
No. The magnetic field varies over the long term, but there isn't any evidence anything dramatic will happen soon. Also, these guys seem to forget we have an atmosphere that provides excellent radiation shielding. There is geological evidence for magnetic reversals (the last one around 800,000 years ago), but there isn't evidence for mass extinctions related to them. Here's a page on some of the claims (naturally tied to the 2012 stuff):

http://www.universetoday.com/18977/2012-no-geomagnetic-reversal/

thanks, that is what I thought. I am hearing an alarming rate of stuff like this where they are taking "gradual" processes like this and asteroid collisions, earthquakes, etc., and putting them all into the RED ALERT news at 11 category, probably to hype up the publicity. Students even ask me ATM questions and I try to sort it out, they seem to be catching on that certain stuff they are hearing is "ATM". I tell them that if they went into a room of 1000 scientists, you could tell it was ATM if they all put thumbs down to it. (but you BAUT boys and girls are my quick version of this science meeting, you guys let people know if it is ATM or not, that is good)

novaderrik
2010-Oct-16, 12:15 AM
The thing with the ridiculous "Chemtrail" """Theory""" (I had to use all those quotes, even calling it a 'theory' in jest isn't fair!) is that it's one of those where the arguments against are so numerous, so obvious, and so overwhelming that it's quickly clear to anyone who is being objective that this silly claim is nothing more than paranoid fantasy.

Which is why I linked the thread; from what I remember (I participated off and on, as a reader and probably a few random comments), the thread hits all the aspects of the claim at one point or another.

ETA: I meant to mention to Thoth II, don't get the terms "Con-trails" and "chem-trails" confused. "Con-trails" are real, and a by-product of jet propulsion. "Chem-trails" is a term that means that these trails are not simply by-products of an airplane's engines, but rather a cocktail of chemicals being sprayed over the population at large like a mass crop dusting.

yeah, but can you prove that they are NOT doing it????
by that i mean this- do you have any links to a Youtube video that says that they aren't doing it? cuz we all know that if it doesn't have a youtube video, it isn't truth...

ineluki
2010-Oct-20, 11:27 AM

I think the first Problem is that Chemtrailers have no real idea what the chemtrails are supposed to do.