PDA

View Full Version : Nancy... Nancy, Nancy, Nancy...

darkdev
2004-Apr-14, 09:16 AM
Who is Nancy, and why all the fuss? :-k

Sorry for my ignorance, it seems even newbs know this :oops:

Lycus
2004-Apr-14, 09:31 AM
She's the leader of an alien doomsday cult (though her known membership has dropped off quite a bit):

Here's a FAQ about her:

http://www.skepticalmind.com/zetafaq.html

And here's her website (are you prone to migraines? :P ):

http://www.zetatalk.com

darkdev
2004-Apr-14, 09:42 AM
Nasty. Nasty Nancy.

Thanks.

PhantomWolf
2004-Apr-14, 10:34 AM
Check this one out too. It's BA's Link abut her.

8-[ http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc/planetx/lieder.html

darkdev
2004-Apr-14, 11:19 AM
Bad Nancy.

Nancy, Bad.

:^o

StarStuff
2004-Apr-14, 01:03 PM
Are you wishing you hadn't asked now? :o :wink:

ToSeek
2004-Apr-14, 01:25 PM
One should actually feel sorry for her because she desperately needs psychiatric help. But she doesn't make it easy.

jrkeller
2004-Apr-14, 01:32 PM
One should actually feel sorry for her because she desperately needs psychiatric help. But she doesn't make it easy.

I think she knows what she's doing. She's just another scammer like Bart Sibrel, David Percy or Bill Kaysing.

darkdev
2004-Apr-14, 02:53 PM
Are you wishing you hadn't asked now? :o :wink:Nearly... but good to know so I can think "quack" everytime I read her name. :lol:

She is mentioned in enough threads that she should become part of the FAQ.

ToSeek
2004-Apr-14, 04:06 PM

I think she knows what she's doing. She's just another scammer like Bart Sibrel, David Percy or Bill Kaysing.

I think that if she were really out to make money, she'd be doing a better job than this.

darkdev
2004-Apr-14, 04:09 PM
I think that if she were really out to make money, she'd be doing a better job than this.

Money doesn't motivate everyone... in this case I'd go with attention, which is paying 10 to 1.

Astronot
2004-Apr-14, 04:32 PM
I think the poor woman is sincere but is hearing voices and delusional. I ‘m with the “she needs psychiatric help” camp.

jrkeller
2004-Apr-14, 07:55 PM
The moon hoax proponent Mary Bennett claims to have PSI abilities that have been with her since childhood (http://www.aulis.com/nasaauthors.htm) I think it is just anothe scam method to trap people. In Nancy's case, it's I'm the chosen one

darkdev
2004-Apr-14, 08:16 PM
I think the poor woman is sincere but is hearing voices and delusional. I ‘m with the “she needs psychiatric help” camp.
Then we're all being counter-productive by re-enforcing her delusions.

N C More
2004-Apr-14, 10:54 PM
Then we're all being counter-productive by re-enforcing her delusions.

Well, not really because people here aren't reinforcing her delusions, rather they are refuting her delusions and labeling them as such. I think it's important that someone, somewhere makes it very clear that these beliefs aren't even remotely based in reality.

Perhaps at some point people close to Nancy L. will begin tell her that she is not functioning in reality and they will urge her to seek help. I'm sincerely hoping this happens. Maybe then I can refer to myself as "Nancy" instead of "NC" (I really don't want to be mistaken for this person).

darkdev
2004-Apr-14, 11:02 PM
=)

WolfKC
2004-Apr-15, 02:48 AM
You don’t know Nancy until you know the Starburst story. Basically she was hearing voices in her head and needed a conclusive sign that they were real. What was her sign? While eating starburst candies she found one that was unwrapped. Sounds like irrefutable evidence to me! :lol:

http://www.chipman.org/starhoax/starburst.htm

Richard Eldritch
2004-Apr-15, 10:52 AM
There's some great new Zeta Squark over on Nancys site! "Whiplash"! It's very funny if tou can make some sense of it!
Hussar!

shash
2004-Apr-15, 01:11 PM
#-o

...pushing the Earth into the arms of Planet X...

After which they will kiss like lovers! :roll:

Seriously, just how much can you anthromorphize?

Charlie in Dayton
2004-Apr-16, 03:48 AM
Oh great googlymooglies in the morning... (http://www.zetatalk.com/index/zeta89.gif)

That image is to scale??? Planet X stretches from better than outside Earth's orbit to well inside Venus's orbit, and we can't see it???

...now waitaminnit here...

The text says X is 23 times as massive but only 4 times as broad as Earth/Venus/Earth's Dark Twin (where the heck did that come from?). That doesn't match the diagram as far as size goes...

"...The Sweeps then had a different pace, as rebounding away from Planet X or standing still or backing up under pressure, the Earth encounters the sweeps more often as it is not running ahead of them as a normal orbit would allow..." -- yeah, Nancy, you got something backing up, and may I suggest FiberAll® as a cure? If that don't work, I've got the number for RotoRooter®...can anyone make any sense whatsoever out of this?...I thought not...

Venus is stalled! Mars is stalled! Call the Auto Club!

Venus is stalled, Mars is stalled, the Earth is stuck, but here comes the Dark Twin. What -- this thing got some sort of interplanetary four-wheel drive?

Oh hemmins...the Dark Twin will smash into Earth soon. We're all gonna die...
Oh hemmins...the Sweeping Arm will smash Earth into Planet X soon. We're all gonna die...
Oh hemmins...Planet X will jump over the Sweeping Arm allowing Earth to smash into X. We're all gonna die...
Oh hemmins...the Earth will back up from the Sweeping Arm, allowing the Dark Twin to smack it again. We're all gonna die...

That's four ways we're all gonna die. Can't she make up her mind?

Now in addition to bobbling, we've got ricocheting and twirling. How much longer before the Earth performs either an entrechat or a grand jete?

I swear, if Nancy put even one percent of the energy she expends coming up with these intergalactic coprolites into writing something vaguely believable, she'd have Aaron Spelling working for her.

scottmsg
2004-Apr-16, 04:02 AM
I guess that picture explains why you couldn't find Mercury (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=12630) two weeks ago. It's been destroyed by Planet X. :o

Charlie in Dayton
2004-Apr-16, 04:28 AM
When interviewed recently about the disappearance of Mercury, Planet X had this comment:

"...burp..."

SarahMc
2004-Apr-16, 04:47 AM
Charlie, I just love your commentaries :lol:

2001Intrepid
2004-Apr-16, 07:12 AM
Charlie, NEVER quit posting! LMAO big time! This is better than TV! :D

Charlie in Dayton
2004-Apr-16, 07:46 AM
You like me! You really like me! I'm so overwhelmed...(sniffle)...

N C More
2004-Apr-16, 10:49 AM
Dragging herself up off the floor, convulsing with laughter, she repeats, "intergalactic coprolites" :lol: "suggests FiberAll" :lol:

Charlie, that was hysterical! How can anyone take this stuff seriously?

Swift
2004-Apr-16, 01:05 PM
Oh great googlymooglies in the morning... (http://www.zetatalk.com/index/zeta89.gif)

That image is to scale??? Planet X stretches from better than outside Earth's orbit to well inside Venus's orbit, and we can't see it???

:o #-o :lol:

Tranquility
2004-Apr-16, 01:30 PM
lol seriously man Charlie :D
That was THE best :lol:
Keep it up man :lol:

pteranodon
2004-Apr-16, 01:33 PM
How to detect a text written by Nancy Lieder:

If you find 7 of the expressions below in a text, the probability it was written by Nancy Lieder is 93%.

Estabilishment
NASA
Debunkers
Bush
Thus
Monster Sun
SOHO
Webcams
Ecliptic
Unshakable grip
Rotation slow down
Sun sets
Moon displacement
We, the Zetas
Elite
Red dust
STO/STS aliens
wobbling
bobbling
sweeping arms
pole shifts
common man
corpus
monster complex
swirling moons
uptick
Xanax
Ritalin
Prozac
broken leg dangling
Repulsion Force

tngolfplayer
2004-Apr-16, 03:25 PM
You forgot her penchance for the word "dummies" as well.

shash
2004-Apr-16, 03:45 PM
Charlie, that one deserves to be engraved and sent out on the next deep space probe! I was laughing for a full 5 minutes before I caught my breath, and then I laughed some more! =D> \:D/ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Xbalanque
2004-Apr-16, 05:06 PM

Of course we can. But you need a cheap webcam to do it.

Swift
2004-Apr-16, 06:54 PM
Good list pteranodon, but I also think you left off "Starbursts".

SarahMc
2004-Apr-16, 07:06 PM
Good list pteranodon, but I also think you left off "Starbursts".

Yes, and you need to add "dithering" as well :lol:

2001Intrepid
2004-Apr-16, 07:31 PM
...Indeed, where did this "Dark Twin" come from? Anyway, I believe Nancy needs to become more politically correct. We NEVER refer to it as the "dark" twin; we prefer to say "planets of color". :D :D :D

darkdev
2004-Apr-16, 07:59 PM
...Indeed, where did this "Dark Twin" come from? Anyway, I believe Nancy needs to become more politically correct. We NEVER refer to it as the "dark" twin; we prefer to say "planets of color". :D :D :D
Or, "luminally challenged".

Mars
2004-Apr-17, 03:23 AM
I seen it, it was bright in the sky a week ago, now it has become a small cresent. It never seems to get any bigger.

JammerG55
2004-May-12, 06:39 PM
Ok people lets keep this in perspective. This so called planet x will not come crashing to earth until several things happen. first and foremost the world must unite under a one world government. ](*,)

ToSeek
2004-May-12, 07:13 PM
And the Boston Red Sox win the World Series.

Ut
2004-May-13, 05:33 PM
And the Toronto Maple Leafs win The Cup.

ToSeek
2004-May-13, 05:57 PM
And the Toronto Maple Leafs win The Cup.

Let's not get carried away here. ;)

Disinfo Agent
2004-May-13, 05:57 PM
If you find 7 of the expressions below in a text, the probability it was written by Nancy Lieder is 93%.
What?! No 'paid disinfo agents'? [-(

Swift
2004-May-13, 06:03 PM
Yeah really. Dark twin I can believe, but come on. :D

Taibak
2004-May-14, 01:01 AM
Yeah really. Dark twin I can believe, but come on. :D

Hey, if Anaheim can do it.... :D

Cowboy Up! :lol:

tmosher
2004-May-15, 02:12 AM
Has anyone read Signs o' the Times No. 824?

http://www.zetatalk.com/index/z03.htm

or "Plowing Ahead"?

http://www.zetatalk.com/index/zeta96.htm

Tom

LTC8K6
2004-May-15, 02:17 AM
Bowling with planets?

At the present time, the planets encountering Planet X have halted, but Planet X is moving. Thus, momentum is the prevailing factor in this shoving contest. Planet X will plow forward, forcing these minor planets before it, knocking them into each other, at an increasing speed. If you think the sweeps that Nancy has been keeping track of recently have been interesting, they are about to become more than an intellectual curiosity. It is an unshakable grip, an inevitable path, an accelerating drama.

tmosher
2004-May-15, 03:36 AM
Every time I read her material, I keep getting images of the filler graphics they used on Third Rock from the Sun.

Maybe that's where she got her education in orbital dynamics.

Tom

LTC8K6
2004-May-15, 04:46 AM
It's the Zetas saying that the planets are going to ping pong off each other, too!

The all seeing, all knowing Zetas. :roll:

This seems to be a major departure from the standard Nancy PX plan. I don't remember PX involving any planetary collisions. I thought it just got near us and we stopped rotating.

When did it change to planets hitting each other?

It would have been easy to doze off when the change of plan occurred, I suppose. :D

tmosher
2004-May-15, 05:37 AM
Planetary Billiards! Or is it snooker?

Now which of the planets is the cue ball? Venus or is it the Moon?

Tom

WolfKC
2004-May-15, 06:49 AM
Planetary Billiards! Or is it snooker?

Now which of the planets is the cue ball? Venus or is it the Moon?

Tom I think Nancy's behind the 8 ball. :)

Kebsis
2004-May-15, 07:10 PM

Nah, if she was trying to make dough she would have made it before the May 2003 deadline and retired to some obscure South American island. Or, she would have set the due date for PX much much later (2012, I would imagine).

Kebsis
2004-May-15, 07:14 PM
Oh great googlymooglies in the morning...

And notice how Mercury has to be deleted and the Sun scaled down to fit the 'to scale' Planet X into the solar system. Also, what is the 'Dark Twin'? I haven't been following the PX stuff for awhile.