PDA

View Full Version : Would Nancy fall for a 419 scam (Nigeria e-mail)?

Mathiasll
2004-Apr-14, 10:49 AM
A thought just entered my mind. Since Nancy belives she can fool other people with the planet x deal, wouldnt it be kind of fun if she would fall for one of those emails? I got the idea after finding this beautful site:

www.419eater.com

Perhaps a mail from the Zetans themselves would "rock" her world :)

Sigma_Orionis
2004-Apr-14, 01:37 PM
He he he, I remember receiving one of those a couple of years ago. It was the variant where the writer was supposedly unjustly imprisoned by the Nigerean Goverment and was going to pay me for moving his money out of the country. I promptly answered stating that my real name was Nick Fury, Director of SHIELD (isn't Marvel Comics wonderful for these moments?) and that a covert team would be sent to Nigeria to topple the ruling goverment and free him, oddly enough I never received a reply..... :lol:

foxd
2004-Apr-14, 04:19 PM
A few days ago I received one from someone claiming to be in Libya. Basically I will give you a lot of money if you send me your personal information. I think not!

ToSeek
2004-Apr-14, 04:24 PM
A couple of years ago? I got two yesterday. I never really understood how people could fall for those: "Hi, I'm a crook, and I've cheated some other folks out of millions of dollars. And even though you're a complete stranger, I'd be glad to share some of it with you - but you have to send me some of your money first."

Sigma_Orionis
2004-Apr-14, 05:18 PM
Yep, don't get them often, maybe the 419 scammers don't like me :D

As for how can anyone fall for an obvious con like that? all I can say is that when someone I know got the usual "Hi I'm a corrupt Oil Company official I and I am going to trust you to move the money I stole from the goverment off the country" bit, thought it was great, this person then asked me what I thought about it and was quite annoyed when I told him that it was a scam, Until I showed him the Quatloos (http://www.quatloos.com) site he was not convinced.

Tranquility
2004-Apr-14, 05:37 PM
loool when I got that I sent a reply that was 1s and 0s formatted to resemble the finger being shown to the scam artist. :D