PDA

View Full Version : A bigger bang

JohnD
2010-Oct-28, 11:24 PM
All,
In the US the Fourth of July is long gone, but here in the UK it's Guy Fawkes' Night soon, both iconoclastic celebrations that enjoy a good BANG!

And I've just discovered a Dutch New Year's Day tradition, Carbid Schieten.
See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuBgZr3_thA&feature=related
and many, many others.

I think we will have a few extra bangs this Bonfire Night.
Maybe next July 4th too!

JOhn

Hlafordlaes
2010-Oct-30, 12:45 AM
:clap:

Ara Pacis
2010-Oct-31, 09:54 PM
A good night to watch "V... for Vendetta"?

chrissy
2010-Oct-31, 10:26 PM
This time of year always brings out the fireworks from mid October til way passed new years, and the people who set them off just do it at any time of night, even the early hours of the morning. I hate it, my pets hate it even more.

Don't get me wrong I love a good firework display, just not the ones that wake you up at 3 in the morning and continue going at 5 minute intervals until they have ran out! :(

pzkpfw
2010-Oct-31, 10:40 PM
Diwali (Hindu festival of the lights) is the same night as Guy Fawkes here in N.Z. this year... expecting lots of money to go up in smoke...

Mellow
2010-Nov-02, 01:07 PM
....mmmm V For Vendetta, I shall watch it again tonight!

Strange
2010-Nov-02, 08:22 PM
Just a word of advice for anyone with dogs: ignore it. If you make a fuss of them it will confirm their fear that there is something to worry about. Just carry on as normal (can be difficult with a 30kg terrier trying to hide behind you on the sofa) and eventually they will just get bored with it. Obviously this works best if you do it from when they are puppies. It takes longer to "desensitize" a fully grown dog who has grown up scared of bangs.