PDA

View Full Version : A tiny bug, hardly worth mentioning

MAPNUT
2010-Nov-04, 12:36 PM
Often a word at the end of a line in a post repeats itself at the beginning of the next line. Example: Closetgeek's post in the Soul Mates topic in Off-Topic Babbling. It's happened to me about 3 times, but it won't kill me if you don't get around to fixing it.

Strange
2010-Nov-04, 12:41 PM
Sounds more likely to be a browser bug (I haven't ever noticed it).

Swift
2010-Nov-04, 01:10 PM
I have noticed it too once in a while. I don't know if it is a browser bug or what. I use IE8 at work and Firefox at home.

grapes
2010-Nov-04, 01:19 PM
Often a word at the end of a line in a post repeats itself at the beginning of the next line. Example: Closetgeek's post in the Soul Mates topic in Off-Topic Babbling. It's happened to me about 3 times, but it won't kill me if you don't get around to fixing it.I guess you mean this post:
I don't believe in soul mates. I think we all do a cold reading, of sorts, when we first meet someone. Occassionally, we are correct.
I don't see the effect, myself (how does it look to you?). It may be a combination browser/software effect.

DonM435
2010-Nov-04, 01:29 PM
It must be something in the line-break function, as it doesn't seem to affect the actual text, and it may very well clear up when you redimension the screen width.

kleindoofy
2010-Nov-04, 10:07 PM
This 'bug' was already mentioned a number of months ago, more or less with the same answers as above.

Fazor
2010-Nov-05, 06:54 PM
Yeah. I had the issue one morning for the first time when I was only half-awake . . . thought I was going insane . . . and when I mentioned it, was told it's an issue with IE's line-break if a line ends up being just the right length. I've never seen it in Firefox, which is what I'm normally using.