PDA

View Full Version : Where did the "Report Button" go?

Extravoice
2010-Nov-10, 02:02 PM
I may have missed the memo, but what happened to the "report" button that was included with all posts and allowed users to alert moderators? It used to be a little red & white triangle thingy, but I don't see it anymore.

Swift
2010-Nov-10, 02:04 PM
It is now a little black triangle with a white ! in it, in the lower left corner of the post (just above the "Reply to thread" button.

Extravoice
2010-Nov-10, 02:36 PM
DO'H! It was staring me in the face, and yet I didn't see it.

astromark
2010-Nov-10, 06:46 PM
And... This might not have any relevance to you but, If you are not logged in... that feature is gone...not available to you.. Logging on and, its there...

chrissy
2010-Nov-10, 09:12 PM
And... This might not have any relevance to you but, If you are not logged in... that feature is gone...not available to you.. Logging on and, its there...

That is to prevent anybody who happens to come across the site and pressing it for a joke. 0.0

astromark
2010-Nov-10, 11:59 PM
Thanks Chrissy... I just had not thought people were like that... OH. :(

Perikles
2010-Nov-11, 08:54 AM
Mine does not work. The other day I wanted to report a post, and it told me I was not authorized. I was definitely logged in, by the way.

mahesh
2010-Nov-11, 11:43 AM
Thanks Chrissy... I just had not thought people were like that... OH. :(

Sigh

Oh, Sweet Innocence! Wherefore art thou?

Moose
2010-Nov-11, 11:47 AM
Mine does not work. The other day I wanted to report a post, and it told me I was not authorized. I was definitely logged in, by the way.

It's because you reported a post or thread that had been removed to the protected/hidden area of the board. The board concluded you no longer had the access needed for it to quote the post in the report.

BetaDust
2010-Nov-11, 06:48 PM
It's because you reported a post or thread that had been removed to the protected/hidden area of the board. The board concluded you no longer had the access needed for it to quote the post in the report.

But... How can one report a post or thread, if said post or thread has been moved to the protected/hidden area of the board?

Swift
2010-Nov-11, 06:53 PM
But... How can one report a post or thread, if said post or thread has been moved to the protected/hidden area of the board?
I think the circumstances under which you would need to do that are rare, since users usually can't even see such a post. But if all else fails, you can always PM a moderator.

pzkpfw
2010-Nov-11, 07:06 PM

If you mean how did it happen, perhaps the report button was clicked, and as the member types the report "hey mods look at this" a mod had already looked at it and moved the thread.

By the time the member clicks [submit] on the report and the server-side software verifies everything - the thread's "gone" and they get an error message back.

BetaDust
2010-Nov-11, 08:09 PM
If you mean how did it happen, perhaps the report button was clicked, and as the member types the report "hey mods look at this" a mod had already looked at it and moved the thread.

By the time the member clicks [submit] on the report and the server-side software verifies everything - the thread's "gone" and they get an error message back.

Yeah, I actually thought that was what had happened...:shifty:

I don't know why I even asked about it... I'm just really tired, I guess.

Goodnight everyone.

pzkpfw
2010-Nov-11, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I actually thought that was what had happened...:shifty:

I don't know why I even asked about it... I'm just really tired, I guess.

Goodnight everyone.

It was a fair question and good to ask.

(And there is no guarantee that my answer, on the other hand, isn't a pile dirt (we mods don't actually have access to the code that runs the site, nor the database where everything is stored)).