PDA

View Full Version : D'oh!

Jim
2010-Nov-16, 11:05 PM
It was announced that Fox has renewed The Simpsons for another season. That makes 23.

It was also disclosed that the Fox censors have told the producers of The Simpsons that they can no longer show Homer's bare behind.

There was no word on whether the previous 21 years of episodes - and bare behinds - will need to be edited.

(I must admit to some confusion as to how a cartoon character's backside is considered unfit for viewing. After 21 years.)

SkepticJ
2010-Nov-17, 01:41 AM
Censors, by their very nature, are irrational, capricious creatures.

Which makes sense, really. Who else would be so presumptuous as to force their morality on others?

About the funniest example of censorship I've ever seen was a horse's ____ blurred out on some Discovery Channel show.

Whereas on National Geographic you have bare-chested women who swing low, sweet chariot.

pzkpfw
2010-Nov-17, 02:11 AM
Censors, by their very nature, are irrational, capricious creatures.

Which makes sense, really. Who else would be so presumptuous as to force their morality on others?

Sounds like mods.

Fazor
2010-Nov-17, 03:24 AM
Sounds like mods.
Report! Report!!! Oh.

Hmm. No more Homer's butt? What will I watch to get my thrills.*rolleyes* Though I'm sure they'll do an episode about it.

danscope
2010-Nov-17, 04:29 AM
Hi Jim, Fox is a little slow .

DonM435
2010-Nov-17, 09:28 PM
Who cares? For several years, that was the best show on TV, but they stopped being funny and lost me a long time ago.

Homer really ought to be put to sleep. Painlessly. Maybe.

Chuck
2010-Nov-21, 07:47 PM
If censors don't censor something they might lose their jobs. If nothing qualifies for censoring they'll have to pick whatever comes closest.

SkepticJ
2010-Nov-22, 02:03 AM
If censors don't censor something they might lose their jobs.

I'm glad the military and police don't follow that line of reasoning.

If your job is obsolete, you don't throw your clogs into the machine, you find a new line of work.

Although the sort of person who'd become a censor in the first place probably fails at life, and they really have nowhere else to go.

"Timmy, what do you want to be when you grow up?"

"A censor for the Fox Network!"