PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving!!!

tommac
2010-Nov-25, 09:49 PM
I am totally stuffed!

KaiYeves
2010-Nov-26, 02:01 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on BAUT! I'm thankful for you guys!

Chuck
2010-Nov-26, 03:41 AM
My hosts have 5 year old twins and a one year old dog, and I visited for seven hours. I'm exhausted. I don't know how they deal with it every day.

Buttercup
2010-Nov-26, 04:01 AM
We dined with friends. Roast turkey, sweet potato casserole, real mashed potatoes, gravy, baked cream corn, cucumber-tomato salad, roast carrots and turnips, dinner rolls, cranberry relish, cornbread dressing...and 3 choices of homemade pie with real whipping cream: Pumpkin, pecan or cherry-cranberry.

Good food, great friends! Nice conversation, beautiful table setting with fine china and taper candles. :)

Parrothead
2010-Nov-26, 03:41 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all you USAians. Enjoy the food, shopping and football.

I'll probably catch the "Iron Bowl" this afternoon. Go Tigers! See if they make it to a national title game, if they remain undefeated, with all the controversy surrounding Newton.

tommac
2010-Nov-26, 03:47 PM
We dined with friends. Roast turkey, sweet potato casserole, real mashed potatoes, gravy, baked cream corn, cucumber-tomato salad, roast carrots and turnips, dinner rolls, cranberry relish, cornbread dressing...and 3 choices of homemade pie with real whipping cream: Pumpkin, pecan or cherry-cranberry.

Good food, great friends! Nice conversation, beautiful table setting with fine china and taper candles. :)

How was the sweet potato casserole ... that sounds interesting.

Buttercup
2010-Nov-26, 04:13 PM
How was the sweet potato casserole ... that sounds interesting.

It was yummy. :) Here's a recipe:

Basic sweet potato casserole with pecan-praline topping. (http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1838,147171-245195,00.html)

Be prepared to be tempted to demolish the whole thing yourself. ;)