PDA

View Full Version : Is Sims 3 for the PS3 a good game or a bad one?

Gamefreak89
2010-Dec-01, 01:19 PM
I'm just wondering because I'm thinking about getting a PS3 for Christmas and thinking about buying Sims 3 for the PS3 since I played the other ones before and the Maxis games before that. Has anyone ever played Sims 3 before on the consoles or PC?

Fazor
2010-Dec-01, 03:09 PM
I've never been into the Sims series myself, but I've read a few reviews and they've all been fairly good for the console versions. Though there was some kind of criticism about loading times when characters move between "zones" or whatever. I might still have the magazine at home that had the review; I'll look later tonight.

The impression I got was that if you like the series, you'll like the game. Though, I don't typically trust game reviews anyway. It seems some of the games I like the best get mediocre scores, and many of the "OMG! Get this game!" reviews are for less than great products. I tend to trust talking to people I know have played the game more. Which is what you asked for in the first place. So maybe I'll just stop typing. :)

Gamefreak89
2010-Dec-01, 06:09 PM
I know I think its better on the console though but that's my opinion I although I like the idea of it being on the PS3 because you can play it on the Big Screen. Also with the whole "Family Generation System" going for most of the sims I love the idea of getting older, getting a job, and experience life completely different. Then when your character gets old and dies and you play as your son the cycle continues all over again only except this time on Sims 3 everyone around you ages and has off springs. Think of it like Harvest Moon: A wonderful life but anyways back to the question has anyone ever played this game on the console before?

Moose
2010-Dec-01, 09:51 PM
I'll just mention, like all games with a vibrant and active mod community, The Sims 3 will be best played on the PC. (Otherwise, no idea how it plays on console. I loved Sims 2, but hated Sims 2 when I saw it on console.)

Elukka
2010-Dec-02, 02:28 AM
What Moose said. Provided your computer can run it, I'd definitely pick the PC version.

Gamefreak89
2010-Dec-02, 10:52 AM
That is the problem my computer can't handle that kind of req. so I think probably getting the PS3 version is better since I believe its the closest to the pc version that it will ever get.