PDA

View Full Version : The Syfy Show Fact or Faked/Paranormal Files has Something About the Moon Landings

hawaii50girl
2010-Dec-03, 03:16 AM
Tonight's episode they are looking to see if the Apollo Moon Landings were faked back then. Not that I believe that the moon landings are fact I am only watching it because there is really nothing on tv right now. I just wanted to see what everyone else thought if they watched the episode tonight. I know they are a lot of theories out their about the Moon Landings being faked. I don't believe it could of been faked back then at all. I don't want to start a fight between anyone on here I just wanted to see what people think on here. If I put this is the wrong place then I am sorry because I didn't know where to put it.

SkepticJ
2010-Dec-03, 05:31 AM
Assuming that it's possible to have a giant conspiracy involving hundreds of thousands of people without a single insider coming forward in forty years (do I need to elucidate why this is not only ludicrous, but insane?), it is theoretically possible that some of the footage could've been faked if they had a massive budget and special effects whizzes.

Probably the easiest to point to that there was no way in hades could've been faked was the lunar dust falling at an unearthly rate. One, you've got The Moon's approximately 1/6th Earth's gravity, and hard vacuum, so each and every one of those talcum-sized grains fall like bowling balls.

Why would they waste massive amounts of effort on faking the astronauts bumbling and falling in their suits, the rover kicking up sprays of rock, etc.?

ggremlin
2010-Dec-03, 09:50 AM
I saw a couple of minutes of the story, but they were doing a debunk( I think) of the moon gravity. Saw it already on Myth Busters, been there, done better, turned channel.

hawaii50girl
2010-Dec-03, 10:41 PM
Assuming that it's possible to have a giant conspiracy involving hundreds of thousands of people without a single insider coming forward in forty years (do I need to elucidate why this is not only ludicrous, but insane?), it is theoretically possible that some of the footage could've been faked if they had a massive budget and special effects whizzes.

Probably the easiest to point to that there was no way in hades could've been faked was the lunar dust falling at an unearthly rate. One, you've got The Moon's approximately 1/6th Earth's gravity, and hard vacuum, so each and every one of those talcum-sized grains fall like bowling balls.

Why would they waste massive amounts of effort on faking the astronauts bumbling and falling in their suits, the rover kicking up sprays of rock, etc.?

I agree with you in everything you have said.

I saw a couple of minutes of the story, but they were doing a debunk( I think) of the moon gravity. Saw it already on Myth Busters, been there, done better, turned channel.

I didn't finish watching it because I had to help my sister with something so I didn't see the whole thing. I knew the Myth Busters have already done it.

Krel
2010-Dec-04, 02:33 AM
A comedy sketch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6MOnehCOUw

David.

Paul Beardsley
2010-Dec-04, 11:07 AM
A point I don't think anybody has made before - if the moon landings were faked, why didn't NASA fudge the details of the moon to make it easier to fake? For example, they could have claimed that the moon has a very thin atmosphere which is just enough to make dust billow.

But they didn't, so, if the landings were faked, they must have had incredible trouble getting the lunar rover to kick uo dust which didn't billow.

To my mind, the billowing (or lack of it) is the showstopper for hoax theories. Until someone can explain how they achieved that, hoax theories can be dismissed out of hand.

Noclevername
2010-Dec-04, 09:32 PM

Aha! I have stumbled upon the answer! They went to the Moon, built a studio there, and then faked the Moon landing under actual Lunar conditions! The perfect crime, and they would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling Conspiracy Theorists! ;)

AndreasJ
2010-Dec-04, 09:54 PM
A point I don't think anybody has made before - if the moon landings were faked, why didn't NASA fudge the details of the moon to make it easier to fake? For example, they could have claimed that the moon has a very thin atmosphere which is just enough to make dust billow.

But they didn't, so, if the landings were faked, they must have had incredible trouble getting the lunar rover to kick uo dust which didn't billow.

'S easy. They used Area 51 retrotech to put dome over part of the Mojave, evacuated it of air, and put in gravity reductors to approximate lunar conditions.

There was no stars on the inside of the dome because, hey, they were doing it on a budget.

NEOWatcher
2010-Dec-06, 08:10 PM
I know that the moon hoax is not believed by most on this forum, and I appreciate the jokes and absurdity that follows these discussions, but now that the show has aired, can we discuss it?

I ask because I didn't get a chance to see it or record it. (I remember that there was something that I wanted to watch, but couldn't remember what. Syfy shows usually don't show up on my radar anymore)

Can someone give a quick summary of the show with some of thier findings or opinions?

hawaii50girl
2010-Dec-06, 10:30 PM
I know that the moon hoax is not believed by most on this forum, and I appreciate the jokes and absurdity that follows these discussions, but now that the show has aired, can we discuss it?

I ask because I didn't get a chance to see it or record it. (I remember that there was something that I wanted to watch, but couldn't remember what. Syfy shows usually don't show up on my radar anymore)

Can someone give a quick summary of the show with some of thier findings or opinions?

NEOWatcher I watched it but I can't tell you what happened because I never got to finish watching the show.