PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious Missile copycats.

NEOWatcher
2010-Dec-08, 07:06 PM
Ok, here we go. You get one story about unusual lighting conditions on a contrail, now everyone is trying to jump in on the act.

And CNN is of absolutely no help.
Georgia Mysterious Light (http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2010/12/08/exp.mxp.ga.mysterious.light.hln?hpt=C2)

Is it a fireball or just sunlight illuminating an airplane contrail? Look at this YouTube video and see for yourself.
"Many people are trying to explain"... Like who?
"Somebody recorded this"... Who?
"Some people thought it was an experimental military spaceship"... Who? How many?
"One expert dismissed that"... Expert in what?
"Others speculate it was a military plane"... So why would that be different than a civilian plane?
"There's no record of military flights there"... So? Is that the only source for planes?
"One possible explaination is an optical illusion caused by the sun..." ya da da contrails in the setting sun in dusk... Yep
And finally the denial.
"But look at that, how can that be an optical illusion? I see fire."

And there's even 3 planes in the picture, with another one coming into view with the same contrail lighting. Even if it were a fireball, the other planes would be screeming to the FAA about it.

:evil:

NickW
2010-Dec-08, 07:33 PM
Umm....yeah. 'nuff said.

Amber Robot
2010-Dec-08, 07:34 PM
Is there really absolutely nothing going on in the world worth talking about on television news anymore?

Sigh...

rigel
2010-Dec-08, 07:53 PM
At least it wasn't refered to as a chemtrail. This is now becoming weekly. No wonder why I don't watch much anymore. Las week I saw 8 of the same type contrail quickly leaving NJ and heading west as I was wlking home from work.

NEOWatcher
2010-Dec-08, 08:21 PM
Is there really absolutely nothing going on in the world worth talking about on television news anymore?

Sigh...

Nope. For example, at one point today one of our local stations had 6 top news stories. 4 said it was snowing, 1 said Lebron was Heckled, and the other said that it's not just keyboards and mice that cause carpel tunnel.

I'm glad I live in such a boring region.

rommel543
2010-Dec-09, 05:29 PM
"This just in, local news company reporting they have nothing to report on. More at News at Seven."

Githyanki
2010-Dec-10, 02:46 AM
What's that you say, Orson Wells? The Martians are invading?

RUUUUUUUUUUUUN!

ta' ghobe' jIH jIH jatlh tlhIngan

NEOWatcher
2011-Jan-10, 07:33 PM
Next up... Corpus Christi:

Missile Mystery (KiiiTV video) (http://www.kiiitv.com/global/category.asp?c=194871&clipId=5436881&autostart=true)

I find it interesting that the Newscaster is standing next to a frame from the video showing many clouds and saying the skies were clear.

Naturally; they call the local military base who know nothing.

The other thing that I find odd, is that they say it was too fast to be a plane, yet they follow up to check if it was an unmanned propeller driven UAV?

Of course, they reference the LA sighting and just say "some believe" it to have been a contrail.
1: It's not just "some". It's "most" when you talk to people who know something about it.
2: It's not a belief, it's backed up with some very solid data.

slang
2011-Jan-11, 01:52 AM

Worth talking about? By whose standards? Worth generating ad revenue with millions of mouse clicks? Heck yeah!