PDA

View Full Version : Forgot password function?

NEOWatcher
2010-Dec-16, 04:05 PM
On Monday, I was cleaning out my cookies being careful not to touch the Baut ones.
(yep, I tossed my cookies http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/ekelig/e015.gif )

On Tuesday, I found out that I wasn't careful enough, and couldn't log in. Since my password was at home, I decided "hey, just change it".

So I went through the forgot password function. About 15 minutes later, no email, so I thought I'd try again. Hours later, still nothing.
So; one more time being extremely careful with my data input. Plus; I figured that the function might disable the password anyway.

I got home, and that machine logged in automatically as normal, and today the old password did work on this machine with no problem.

Today, still no email.

Has anyone tried this since we moved servers? Are we having some issue?

chrissy
2010-Dec-17, 01:55 PM
Just wondering if you have changed your e-mail address? If not have you checked your spam/junk mail? As it might have been put in there instead. I will PM the current e-mail address we hold for you and see if this one is correct NEOWatcher

slang
2010-Dec-17, 02:16 PM
I've seen these kinds of issues before, after servermoves with forum software. It might be that Fraser (or maybe an admin with the necessary access level) needs to change the address of the email-server that's used to send out password mail.

NEOWatcher
2010-Dec-17, 02:51 PM
...I will PM the current e-mail address we hold for you and see if this one is correct NEOWatcher
Yep; replied to your PM but didn't mention the junk check. No; it's not in junk.