PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought

Rc2000
2004-Apr-24, 04:03 AM
I'm sure most of you know this, but it's something I've noticed and wanted to say something about anyways.
Where a certain group of people sees pyramids, relics, fossils, and mountain-sized human faces, the rest of us see rocks, sand, and geological features.
When we say that's all it is, the ones that see the faces, etc, call us debunkers, paid Nasa whatevers, and so on. We're part of --- The Conspiracy!! pfffft
Now, from what I've seen of many posts in here about the ummmm, pyramids and stuff, there are those in here that really want it to happen, me included. By that I mean, we want to see REAL evidence of life, relics, etc, and not tricks of light and shade or off the wall ideas about what someone thinks they see.
Many here are open minded to new things, but not delusions or imaginings.
Hope I'm not 'babbling' (grin) but, it's been on my mind.

Rc

George
2004-Apr-24, 04:57 AM
Well, it's midnite so maybe a little babbling is allowed.

For those who love fantasy more than truth, Mars can be quite a play-ground for the imagination. We all like a little attention and a good laugh. but interpretation of Mars images should be presented properly so people don't get sucked into believing falsehoods. Actual liars that attempt to bolster themselves by discrediting honorable people at NASA (or wherever) need to be exposed.

N C More
2004-Apr-24, 01:26 PM
Well, I must say that nobody would like to see evidence of advanced life on Mars more that I. In fact, I'd wager that NASA, the BA, the scientific community, this bulletin board and countless others would be elated to experience such a "monumental discovery" (pun intended).

This just is not the case and no amount of wishful thinking will make it so. Why some people keep insisting that this evidence is present and that "they" are suppressing it is, frankly, beyond my understanding. For some it's a manner of making money and gaining fame but for the followers of this nonsense the appeal eludes me.

Tom Ames
2004-Apr-24, 06:35 PM
I'm sure most of you know this, but it's something I've noticed and wanted to say something about anyways.
Where a certain group of people sees pyramids, relics, fossils, and mountain-sized human faces, the rest of us see rocks, sand, and geological features.
When we say that's all it is, the ones that see the faces, etc, call us debunkers, paid Nasa whatevers, and so on. We're part of --- The Conspiracy!! pfffft
Now, from what I've seen of many posts in here about the ummmm, pyramids and stuff, there are those in here that really want it to happen, me included. By that I mean, we want to see REAL evidence of life, relics, etc, and not tricks of light and shade or off the wall ideas about what someone thinks they see.
Many here are open minded to new things, but not delusions or imaginings.
Hope I'm not 'babbling' (grin) but, it's been on my mind.

Rc

This is why we have science. The scientific method is a way to reduce the chances that you are suckered into believing what you want to believe.

The woo-woos see science as just an application of technology. They fail to see the intellectual rigor and discipline that goes along with it.