PDA

View Full Version : Are people on the internet real?

Downer
2010-Dec-29, 01:20 PM
I've never seen one in person. How can I tell if they are real?

tnjrp
2010-Dec-29, 02:14 PM
You've never seen anyone you've met on the 'net IRL? Really? :shifty:

If you are inclined to lounge on the philo-sofa, this obviously applies to all people you've not personally seen. Ever seen the president of your country in person? If not, do doubt that she/he exists... Next you'll want to start to doubt if your senses are in fact to be trusted -- did you really see that hot chick/jock on the street a minute ago or did you just imagine her/him or at best saw something quite different and are now misremembering it? And so on for a while, until hey presto! you're a solipsist! :)

Swift
2010-Dec-29, 02:30 PM
I'm not real. I'm not even a particularly good fantasy. ;)

Actually, I've met in person three people who I first "met" on BAUT. I think we have a thread around here someplace about people you've met in real life (whatever that is :D).

Paul Beardsley
2010-Dec-29, 02:38 PM
I dated a woman for three months before I realised she was actually a showroom dummy. It was an understandable mistake; she was only slightly less affectionate than my previous girlfriend.

megrfl
2010-Dec-29, 02:50 PM
For real? :o)

No one is real, if they were, omgosh, the world would be a different place.

But you mean real flesh and blood, so, sure, if they are a typing, then they be for real.

Swift
2010-Dec-29, 02:54 PM
I think these two quotes are appropriate....

"Reality, what a concept"

"Reality is for people who can't handle science fiction"

Fazor
2010-Dec-29, 02:59 PM
I've been called really annoying; does that count?

NEOWatcher
2010-Dec-29, 03:10 PM
I would say most, but I don't know how many aren't. There is this one guy who used to mow lawns (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104692/)...

Trebuchet
2010-Dec-29, 03:34 PM
Gillianren is real! I've met her.

I'd guess pretty much everything on the internet is posted by actual human beings, but you never know. There may be some pretty smart monkeys out there, or very large numbers of them with typewriters....

KaiYeves
2010-Dec-29, 03:46 PM
"Real" as in a person vs. a robot or something or "real" as in the person they say they are?

Swift
2010-Dec-29, 03:54 PM
At the nature center I volunteer at we have a fair number of "mounts" (as in taxidermy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxidermy)). Kids often ask "are they real"? Which, if you think about it, is an interesting question. They are obviously not imaginary. Even if they were made completely from synthetic materials, like a doll (teddy bear), they still are "real". The skin and fur (feathers) are from a once-alive animal, so they are a real animal in that sense. And though often mounted in "life-like" poses, they aren't really alive any longer. So our answer is usually "they are real, but they are no longer alive".

Meurig
2010-Dec-29, 03:59 PM
I've never seen one in person.[...]

How do you know this?

megrfl
2010-Dec-29, 04:01 PM
So our answer is usually "they are real, but they are no longer alive".

So if you apply this to internet users -- "we are real, but no longer alive."

I like it. :D

Meurig
2010-Dec-29, 04:05 PM
So if you apply this to internet users -- "we are real, but no longer alive."

I like it. :D

Shouldn't it be: "we are real, but have no lives."?

Swift
2010-Dec-29, 04:24 PM
Shouldn't it be: "we are real, but have no lives."?
One of our no longer active members, Andromeda321 (http://www.bautforum.com/member.php/2665-Andromeda321) (who is one of the people I've met in real life) said in her signature "Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours." :D

jfribrg
2010-Dec-29, 04:28 PM
Sounds like the opera "Tales of Hoffman". Seems that Hoffman was oblivious to the fact that his first girlfriend was a mechanical woman. He was devastated when the villan in the first scene literally tore her limb from limb and various springs and gears fell out.

Back to the OP: People "on the internet" are real. If you see it on the internet it has to be true.

Trebuchet
2010-Dec-29, 05:31 PM
Back to the OP: People "on the internet" are real. If you see it on the internet it has to be true.

Which somehow brought to mind Adam Savage: "I can't believe it didn't work! I saw it on the internet!"

Buttercup
2010-Dec-29, 05:39 PM
I have never yet met anyone, in person, who I've known on the 'net. Even if for 6+ years.

Which is sort of strange. :eh:

mike alexander
2010-Dec-29, 06:10 PM
There are real people but you have to be careful.
For example, I'm really Paul Beardsley and Paul Beardsley is me.

Paul Beardsley
2010-Dec-29, 06:14 PM

Actually it's the other way round.

NEOWatcher
2010-Dec-29, 06:15 PM
So we're all just sock puppets?
I guess the mods are going to have to ban the internet.

WaxRubiks
2010-Dec-29, 06:20 PM
Steven Hawking regularly promotes his theories in ATM.

Buttercup
2010-Dec-29, 06:27 PM
I'm really ToSeek's alias. :)

mike alexander
2010-Dec-29, 06:38 PM
I am Spartacus.

(Come on, SOMEBODY was going to do it)

Gillianren
2010-Dec-29, 06:52 PM

So who was it showed up at my party this year? Now I'm all confused.

But the thing is, that was the first time I'd ever met someone from online IRL. Treb, a few months later, was the second. (Someone has pictures of this, I swear!) However, I have sent and received gifts. I've seen someone on TV--on a disc mailed to me by someone on the board. (I didn't get the relevant channel.) I know there are people who invent themselves online, who are very different because it's funny to them or they want to make an impact or they don't like who they really are. However, even in that sense, I think most of the people around here are real.

Perikles
2010-Dec-29, 07:04 PM
I've never seen one in person. How can I tell if they are real?Easy ! Send somebody a PM. If they ignore you, they must be a real person.

Trebuchet
2010-Dec-29, 07:49 PM
So who was it showed up at my party this year? Now I'm all confused.

But the thing is, that was the first time I'd ever met someone from online IRL. Treb, a few months later, was the second. (Someone has pictures of this, I swear!) However, I have sent and received gifts. I've seen someone on TV--on a disc mailed to me by someone on the board. (I didn't get the relevant channel.) I know there are people who invent themselves online, who are very different because it's funny to them or they want to make an impact or they don't like who they really are. However, even in that sense, I think most of the people around here are real.

I'd have pictures myself, if I was a robot. Then I wouldn't have forgotten to check the state of the camera battery. Or that I had a phone in my pocket with a camera built in...

I've met quite a few on-line folks from the catapult world at my hurling events, and talked to at least one other on the phone. And a BAUT member at a hurling event as well.

swampyankee
2010-Dec-29, 07:56 PM
Now, have any of us passed the Turing Test?

Ara Pacis
2010-Dec-29, 07:57 PM
No. This is a dream. Go back to sleep.

kleindoofy
2010-Dec-29, 08:47 PM
... a robot ...
I'm a bot.

It's really fun to watch the mods get all upset occasionally, not knowing that I'm just a script that sends off an automatic selection of predefined, context sensitive responses.

NEOWatcher
2010-Dec-29, 08:51 PM
I would have guessed that of HUb', but your context sensitive responses are much better. In fact, I'm not even sure HUb' has context.

Gillianren
2010-Dec-29, 09:00 PM

How would you go about passing the Turing Test?

Paul Beardsley
2010-Dec-29, 09:16 PM

I acknowledge your question. What is your motivation for asking it?

slang
2010-Dec-29, 09:34 PM

Check mirrors, shift down one gear, push down real hard with right foot, switch one lane to the left. Make appropriate gesture while passing.

Gillianren
2010-Dec-29, 09:44 PM
I acknowledge your question. What is your motivation for asking it?

What is your motivation for asking questions?

Check mirrors, shift down one gear, push down real hard with right foot, switch one lane to the left. Make appropriate gesture while passing.

I'm from Los Angeles County originally. What appropriate gesture are we talking?

nightmarepatrol
2010-Dec-29, 09:47 PM
I've been around the internet for long enough. I've actually met a number of people on line. One of them I even married. A more entertaining question would have been "are the people on the internet FOR real." Sometimes it's difficult to tell the sane from the not-so-sane when separated by a monitor and a keyboard.

kleindoofy
2010-Dec-29, 09:56 PM
... What appropriate gesture are we talking?
V for Victory.

But in the economic version which only uses 50% of the original. ;)

Tinaa
2010-Dec-29, 09:56 PM
I've met several people from BAUT, including Fraser and Phil. They were alive, real and pretty cool. I can name eight people from the board off hand.

slang
2010-Dec-29, 09:59 PM
I'm from Los Angeles County originally. What appropriate gesture are we talking?

As I am not, I don't know! Whatever feels appropriate for passing a Turing test.

In IRC chat we sometimes have some fun with everyone present only saying things like an Eliza bot might say. I admit it's a pretty pathetic thing to waste time with, but fun nonetheless. A little.

ETA: I met one person I know from the Internet. I met several people I knew from Fidonet, back in those days.

Swift
2010-Dec-29, 10:00 PM
I'm a bot.

It's really fun to watch the mods get all upset occasionally, not knowing that I'm just a script that sends off an automatic selection of predefined, context sensitive responses.
Oh, like moderators are real. :razz:

Torsten
2010-Dec-29, 10:51 PM

Actually it's the other way round.

Hrmph! I thought Paul was Michael Crawford (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php/73846-Should-nervous-people-be-allowed-to-play-tennis?p=1476083#post1476083), though sometimes Rodney Bewes uses that account, but only in the Hayling Island Prison. And I thought mike was Dick Cheney. Sheesh.

mike alexander
2010-Dec-29, 10:54 PM

No, but my uncle once passed a kidney stone.

Sticks
2010-Dec-29, 10:59 PM
According to one source, there are only a finite number of populated world and an almost infinite number of unpopulated worlds

Now anything over infinity as near as makes no difference is nothing, so the average population of the universe is zero.

So anyone you meet is merely the product of a deranged imagination....

slang
2010-Dec-29, 11:00 PM
"Machines take me by surprise with great frequency." -- Alan Turing. Some do many posters (machines?) here, were he around to witness it. In a good way. :)

caveman1917
2010-Dec-29, 11:17 PM
V for Victory.

But in the economic version which only uses 50% of the original. ;)

Oh i see, just pointing to the sky :)

kamaz
2010-Dec-29, 11:25 PM
Well, don't you think that a good machine would be impossib

kamaz (Thread #574) has encountered an unhandled exception

java.io.FileNotFoundException: TuringTestCheatSheet.dat (The system cannot find the file specified)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.(FileInputStream.java:106)
at kamaz.identity.challenges.Eliza(Eliza.java:15)
at kamaz.identity.challenges.Analyze(Response.java:84 0)
at kamaz.identity.CheckForChallenges(Check.java:548)
at kamaz.forums.baut.Offtopic(Offtopic.java:156)
at kamaz.Dispatch(Dispatch.java:312)

Attempting thread restart.
Checking dispatcher...OK.
Checking for deadlocks...FAIL: 12 dependent threads found.
Non-recoverable error.
System state saved to state-873246.sta (abnormal termination)
Last known good state 873243 (T-00:07:23.684)
Waiting for debugger connection..............................timed out.
Initiating reload sequence

Paul Beardsley
2010-Dec-30, 12:19 AM
Solipsism is fine for other people, but it's not for me.

Meurig
2010-Dec-30, 12:47 AM
Solipsism is fine for other people, but it's not for me.

What other people? http://mothersoasis.com/images/smilies/shrug_n.gif

TrAI
2010-Dec-30, 01:14 AM
I've never seen one in person. How can I tell if they are real?

Hmmm... I should think the idea is really just a specific application of the more general concept of whether anyone else is real, or whether the universe exist at all, isn't it?. You might be dreaming it all, you may be mad and everything else the figments of your delusions, you may be locked in a simulated reality full of simulated beings. Have you ever looked into the eyes of a friend or relative, and asked yourself if there really is anyone inside there...

There is the possibility that there is only a relatively small number of real people you interact with, that are all in a conspiracy to keep you in the dark about the real nature of things, that you are the subject of some experiment or entertainment show.

There is another possibility, that they were real people once, but that there is some agent at work, slowly, but inevitably overshadowing the minds of sentient beings, until their sentience is destroyed, and then they are just empty, mindless puppets for this thing. You may be one of the last real people around, it may be just waiting for the right time to strike, perhaps it is going extra slow, to savor its last, final victory. At any moment now, you may find the tainted tendrils of it's mind breaking void reaching for your Self, and there will be nobody to witness the struggle, or hear your screams as your mind frays. Then, it's purpose accomplished, it will return from where it came, and there will be nothing, forever. :evil: Ha, ha.s, Nooooo, its co#a$srøgnurgghls%ncl *giu34frvd\s78gyhbjvkl

Don't worry, everyone here is real, nothing is wrong, you are safe, go sleep, nice sleep, nice, nice warm goodness. Fluffy, fluffy, soft and warm, safe, nice sleep sleep?

Strange
2010-Dec-30, 01:20 AM
There is the possibility that there is only a relatively small number of real people you interact with, that are all in a conspiracy to keep you in the dark about the real nature of things

You know what, now you mention it...

tnjrp
2010-Dec-30, 07:21 AM
I am really the dog pictured in my avatar. That explains my atrocious typing. Teribly diffucalt to tpye with pwas.

chrlzs
2010-Dec-30, 09:42 AM
"I am," I said
to no one there
and no one heard at all
not even the chair..
"I am," I cried ...

(sorry :D)

Jens
2010-Dec-30, 12:41 PM
What is your motivation for asking questions?

Does it worry you that my motivation for asking questions?

Sorry: Eliza joke

a1call
2010-Dec-30, 02:58 PM
i thInk we can't be real because we are the plural of i whIch Is ImagInary.

Meurig
2010-Dec-30, 03:21 PM
If I am eveything I see -
if all, that is, is really me -
then you aren't who you seem to be,
and "we" are purely fantasy.

~The Unknown Solipsist

Gawdzilla
2010-Dec-30, 03:24 PM
I met my current wife on the Internet.

Fazor
2010-Dec-30, 03:47 PM

I prefer the Voight-Kampff test myself. So why did you leave the turtle on it's back in the sun?

a1call
2010-Dec-30, 05:20 PM
When you look at a mirror, you say to your reflection that you are a reflection and not real. Yet the reflection seems to say the same thing about you. Who is right? How can you tell?

Paul Beardsley
2010-Dec-30, 05:25 PM
When you look at a mirror, you say to your reflection that you are a reflection and not real. Yet the reflection seems to say the same thing about you. Who is right? How can you tell?

Because I can hear the sound coming from my own mouth.

Of course, my reflection argues that the mirror is soundproof - my lip-reading skills are good enough to know that that is what he is saying.

I must admit, I do have problems with "who is real" when I hear my echo in a cave - or the echo hears me.

HenrikOlsen
2010-Dec-30, 06:33 PM
I prefer the Voight-Kampff test myself. So why did you leave the turtle on it's back in the sun?
Because I was hungry and didn't have anything with which to build a fire.

HenrikOlsen
2010-Dec-30, 06:35 PM
Break the mirror, the one left is the real one.

Swift
2010-Dec-30, 06:36 PM
:lol: ROFL

Gillianren
2010-Dec-30, 07:25 PM

There's good eating on one of those.

Fazor
2010-Dec-30, 07:43 PM

Sounds rational. A bit *too* rational, if you ask me. Like something a machine might calculate to be the correct answer . . . *keeps eye on HenrikOlsen*

kleindoofy
2010-Dec-30, 09:44 PM
... I should think the idea is really just a specific application of the more general concept of whether anyone else is real, or whether the universe exist at all, isn't it?. You might be dreaming it all, you may be mad and everything else the figments of your delusions, ...
coitus ergo sum

KaiYeves
2010-Dec-30, 09:48 PM
A more entertaining question would have been "are the people on the internet FOR real." Sometimes it's difficult to tell the sane from the not-so-sane when separated by a monitor and a keyboard.

I think that might be what the OP actually meant.

slang
2010-Dec-30, 11:17 PM
There's good eating on one of those.

Hear, hear, Brutha!

coitus ergo sum

OOooh dear, that might throw a lot of people into an existential crisis! Fortunately few of them read Latin.

Buttercup
2010-Dec-30, 11:22 PM
Time for the brutal honest truth.

I'm REALLY Buttercup's cat.

That's right. I've got her held hostage in a closet. I give her food and water, and make her grovel in gratitude for those...same as is expected of us 4-leggeds by you bipeds! :mad:

So there. Now you know the sordid truth. Bow to your Feline Overlords, oh undeserving bipeds!

...and don't bother trying to figure out where Buttercup lives or helping her. Resistance is futile. As Buttercup knows all.too.well. :evil:

Paul Beardsley
2010-Dec-30, 11:24 PM
So, Buttercup's cat, do you like humans because they're so in-de-PEN-dent?

slang
2010-Dec-31, 12:13 AM
I, for one, welcome our new feline overlords. I’d like to remind them that as a trusted BAUT personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground mice farms.

tnjrp
2010-Dec-31, 07:37 AM
I think that might be what the OP actually meant.Well, it's difficult to be sure to know if s/he's for real if s/he ask question in such an obfuscating manner...

NEOWatcher
2010-Dec-31, 01:23 PM
That's right. I've got her held hostage in a closet. I give her food and water, and make her grovel in gratitude for those...same as is expected of us 4-leggeds by you bipeds! :mad:
That just shows your feline capabilities are lacking.
Most cats have thier masters trained to give them food and water. And those masters are conditioned to grovel in gratitude of thier own will.

TrAI
2010-Dec-31, 03:55 PM
coitus ergo sum

I hardly think that would be practicable or useful as a way to verify the realness of the other people on the Internet or off...

caveman1917
2011-Jan-01, 01:35 AM
coitus ergo sum

Did you mean coeo ergo sum?

kleindoofy
2011-Jan-01, 02:06 AM
Did you mean coeo ergo sum?
No, it's joking reference to cogito ergo sum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cogito_ergo_sum), which relates to reality.

If people keep on harping in it, the mods will find out and throw a fit, even if it was written by a bot. So shhhh.

caveman1917
2011-Jan-01, 03:09 AM
No, it's joking reference to cogito ergo sum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cogito_ergo_sum), which relates to reality.

Yes i know :)
But 'cogito' is the first person singular, ie "i think", whereas 'coitus' is the noun 'copulation'. So you replaced 'i think therefor i am' with 'copulation therefor i am'. It just seemed more appropriate to also use the first person singular 'i copulate (therefor i am)', which is 'coeo ergo sum'.

kleindoofy
2011-Jan-01, 03:26 AM
... So you replaced 'i think therefor i am' with 'copulation therefor i am'. It just seemed more appropriate to also use the first person singular 'i copulate (therefor i am)', which is 'coeo ergo sum'.
Yes, I am familiar with Latin grammar.

1. It's not my joke, it's an oldie but goodie;

2. 'copulation therefore I am' would mean "somebody copulated, therefore I am," which makes sense;

3. when changing alliterations for comic relief, always keep the same number of syllables.

Btw, thanks for translating it for the mods, that really helped. And besides that, after discussing it so much, it's really funny now. That's the way jokes work best: long discussions and explanations.

caveman1917
2011-Jan-01, 03:56 AM
Yes, I am familiar with Latin grammar.

1. It's not my joke, it's an oldie but goodie;

Apologies, i was not aware of neither and was only trying to be helpful.

3. when changing alliterations for comic relief, always keep the same number of syllables.

It has the same number of syllables.

Btw, thanks for translating it for the mods, that really helped.

I find it a bit hard to believe there would be no mod on a scientific forum familiar with the scientific (and a common) term for this phenomenon, and not one of them able to look it up even if they didn't know it.

And besides that, after discussing it so much, it's really funny now. That's the way jokes work best: long discussions and explanations.

Again sorry about that. I was under the impression you made it up on the spot, and only meant it as a suggestion for what i considered making a good joke even better, since it seemed a bit oddly phrased to me.

Paul Beardsley
2011-Jan-01, 07:38 AM
And besides that, after discussing it so much, it's really funny now. That's the way jokes work best: long discussions and explanations.

But that's not true at all! By discussing jokes at length, and explaining them, one has, if anything, diminished the humorous content.

ETA Ah, I see what you're doing here! By making a statement which takes an opposite stance to what you believe to be true, you are in effect employing irony or possibly sarcasm to highlight what you perceive as caveman's misplaced analysis.

WaxRubiks
2011-Jan-01, 08:17 AM
this board is gonna get blocked by LatinNanny.

a1call
2011-Jan-01, 09:13 AM
A useful punctuation when being sarcastic (Irony punctuation)؟

ETA: Working link:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony_punctuation

Meurig
2011-Jan-01, 11:36 AM
It should be noted: in stark contrast to the original Cartesian formula, copulation can be denied, since one needn't copulate in order to deny it. So, the argument from bumping uglies to existence is comparatively weak.

Carry on.

caveman1917
2011-Jan-01, 03:50 PM
But that's not true at all! By discussing jokes at length, and explaining them, one has, if anything, diminished the humorous content.

ETA Ah, I see what you're doing here! By making a statement which takes an opposite stance to what you believe to be true, you are in effect employing irony or possibly sarcasm to highlight what you perceive as caveman's misplaced analysis.

I had started typing this in my response too, and only just in time remembered the big bang theory's 'sarcasm sign' (youtube clip here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF7MroTLDfU)). It would be so much easier if we had a baut function that automatically pulls up such a sign when it's appropriate :)

mike alexander
2011-Jan-01, 06:05 PM
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Buttercup
2011-Jan-01, 06:10 PM
How do you say "I'd like to have a butterscotch milkshake" in Latin?

Swift
2011-Jan-01, 07:22 PM
How do you say "I'd like to have a butterscotch milkshake" in Latin?
Volo habere redel butterscotch

Buttercup
2011-Jan-01, 07:30 PM

Lol!!! :)

Thanks Swift. Watch my sig line, when I next use it. :p

a1call
2011-Jan-01, 07:49 PM
¡¿Please stay on topic or this thread might be moved to a more appropriate section?!


Ara Pacis
2011-Jan-01, 07:53 PM
I think that might be what the OP actually meant.

Was it a human that used bad grammar or was it a bot that suffered a syntax error?

kleindoofy
2011-Jan-01, 09:39 PM
... It would be so much easier if we had a baut function that automatically pulls up such a sign when it's appropriate
Why?

Everbody (well, most people) have a built-in system that does that. It's called "brain." Anybody who's incapable of using theirs wouldn't find irony punctuation useful.

Redel?

How about adjuva me pinguescere? It's realistic.

caveman1917
2011-Jan-02, 04:37 AM
Why?

I suppose for the same reason we apparently could use an automatic function signifying "this emoticon means a joke has been made". You know, for people incapable of using their - what was it again?

How about adjuva me pinguescere?

Help me grow fat?
That surely captures the question, doesn't it?

geonuc
2011-Jan-02, 12:47 PM
Wow.

KaiYeves
2011-Jan-02, 07:57 PM
Was it a human that used bad grammar or was it a bot that suffered a syntax error?

If it was the former, it's going to look silly how much fuss we made over it...

mfumbesi
2011-Jan-06, 11:52 AM
I would like to make it known that I'm in fact not not human.
Thank you

caveman1917
2011-Jan-20, 01:21 AM
I would like to make it known that I'm in fact not not human.

It appears your double negative detection subsystem has failed. Please come in for software update.

Inclusa
2011-Jan-20, 08:17 AM
Just one thing: For MSN and Facebook, I most likely only add people I know in person.

Githyanki
2011-Jan-21, 04:47 AM
I am real; you are not.

Logically, I have no solid evidence that you exist. You all could very well be bot-programs. I have no reason to think you all are real people except by etiquette.

Inclusa
2011-Jan-21, 06:50 AM
Unless we have met in real life.

Gillianren
2011-Jan-21, 07:20 PM
Given the current state of technology, it doesn't make sense to assume people you know online are AI.

Fazor
2011-Jan-21, 07:24 PM
Given the current state of technology, it doesn't make sense to assume people you know online are AI.

You're right of course; most of the AI in the games I play is much smarter than the average person on most of the forums I know (this one always seems to be the exception to that, though.)

Paul Beardsley
2011-Jan-22, 12:08 AM
You're right of course; most of the AI in the games I play is much smarter than the average person on most of the forums I know (this one always seems to be the exception to that, though.)

if !strcmp(otherOpinion, myOpinion)
{
printf ("U R a retard if U fink %s\n", otherOpinion)
}

WaxRubiks
2011-Jan-22, 09:48 AM
AI means Advancedly Inebriated.

So yes, a lot of people online are AI.

emmylou
2011-Jan-23, 03:34 AM
I think a lot of people hide behind the conputer screen it's like a comfort zone, however I tend to just be myself :) seems to work for me :D

Inclusa
2011-Jan-23, 03:55 AM
Than again, most people lie a bit about themselves on the Internet.

Swift
2011-Jan-23, 04:14 AM
Than again, most people lie a bit about themselves on the Internet.
That's exactly what my wife, Morgan Fairchild (whom I've seen naked) said the other day, when I came home from the uh... United Nations, where I am President of the World, yeah, that's the ticket.

ABR.
2011-Jan-23, 04:19 AM
Swift isn't real, but I am. Wait a second...strike that, reverse it. There we are.

Inclusa
2011-Jan-23, 04:39 AM
Once I put a lofty title: President of the Anonymous People. Most of us become anonymous after our death.