PDA

View Full Version : Chick Fila's been snorting too much moon dust...

CMartin
2004-Apr-29, 01:20 AM
Chick Fil-a, the best darn chicken fast food place around, gives out edu-ma-cational toys with kids' meals. Currently, our local franchise is giving out little planet displays with trivia question cards.

I found to be particularly annoying. It went something like this:

Due to the Moon's low atmospheric pressure, how much would a person weighing 60 pounds on Earth way on the moon?

The multiple choices included 10 pounds.

Now since when does atmospheric pressure determine weight?

A card for Pluto asked what planet number it was from the Sun. My wife argued with me when I said it alternates from 8 and 9.

Glom
2004-Apr-29, 11:44 AM
#-o Can't these marketing people do anything right?

cyswxman
2004-Apr-29, 12:07 PM
](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

kucharek
2004-Apr-29, 12:18 PM
Now since when does atmospheric pressure determine weight?

I guess, if the pressure is so high that the density of the gas exceeds the density of the body, the body starts to float...

Harald ;-)

Taibak
2004-Apr-29, 01:48 PM
A card for Pluto asked what planet number it was from the Sun. My wife argued with me when I said it alternates from 8 and 9.

If you want to irritate her, tell her it's not even a planet. :lol:

mjparme
2004-Apr-29, 09:42 PM

Shouldn't be hard to find something on the Internet to support you on this.

The Bad Astronomer
2004-Apr-29, 09:55 PM
Shouldn't be hard to find something on the Internet to support you on this.

I remind everyone that there is a website attached to this bulletin board (http://www.badastronomy.com/bitesize/pluto_cross.html).

Glom
2004-Apr-29, 11:09 PM
There's an internet? I thought it was just this board. :o

freddo
2004-Apr-30, 12:24 AM
There's an internet? I thought it was just this board. :o

No internet, just this board and the website attached to it... Oh wait, #-o

Andromeda321
2004-Apr-30, 01:17 AM
And we wonder why the "go to the Bad Astronomy website" link appeared at the top of the board today...

Betenoire
2004-May-18, 02:29 PM
Chic-Fil-A is, as it turns out, owned and run by what one might call a "fundamentalist" Christian person/organization. I'll go check at my local CFA, but I expect their commitment to hard science is less than avid.

Master258
2004-May-18, 04:35 PM
It's a chicken place. Science to them is nothing.

milli360
2004-May-20, 03:15 PM
I found to be particularly annoying. It went something like this:

Due to the Moon's low atmospheric pressure, how much would a person weighing 60 pounds on Earth way on the moon?
I'm going to need some verification on this. Did they really say "way"?

It is now nine.

paulie jay
2004-Jun-03, 11:44 PM
Chic-Fil-A is, as it turns out, owned and run by what one might call a "fundamentalist" Christian person/organization.

Oh great. Can't wait for their "Evolution" series. :roll:

Gullible Jones
2004-Jun-04, 03:49 AM
Wonderful.

You know, it always annoys me when kids are given complete **, since they almost always believe it... No one else seems to give a damn, though.

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
:-k #-o

Harvestar
2004-Jun-11, 12:07 AM
Sounds like the trivia question I found in the "Trivia for Dummies" game at our local coffee shop:

How many moons does Mars have?

Ans: 3

um... huh?

We actually took a pen and corrected it.

Betenoire
2004-Jun-11, 10:47 AM
Well, it IS for "dummies" :-D

TriangleMan
2004-Jun-11, 11:04 AM
Well, it IS for "dummies" :-D
:lol: That started my day with a laugh.

SciFi Chick
2004-Jun-11, 01:15 PM
Chic-Fil-A is, as it turns out, owned and run by what one might call a "fundamentalist" Christian person/organization. I'll go check at my local CFA, but I expect their commitment to hard science is less than avid.

I grew up in the town of Jonesboro, GA - the home of Truett Cathy, the creator of Chik-Fil-A. He is a Southern Baptist, very fundamentalist. I've heard stories that I can't verify, so I won't repeat them, but I've been to his church. 8)

That said, he makes the best chicken on the planet as far as I'm concerned.

As for the marketing materials - they were probably written by those cows that think chicken is spelled chiken. :lol:

Betenoire
2004-Jun-11, 01:24 PM
Absolutely, the chicken's great. I just wouldn't want to do anything else to support him.