PDA

View Full Version : Can't Reply

Sauna
2011-Jan-05, 11:43 PM
Whenever I try to reply to anything, I get "Can't post within 30 seconds of last post message" even though I have not posted yet today. When I try to resubmit 30 seconds later, it says a duplicate message has appeared, and my post never shows up.

PetersCreek
2011-Jan-06, 12:41 AM
We're experiencing board database problems. Please bear with us as the problem is worked.

Spoons
2011-Jan-06, 01:53 AM
You're not alone. There are multiple threads on this now, check out a few of the others to familiarise with all the symptoms you're likely to encounter until it's sorted.

I feel sorry for poor ol' Fraser, having his restive season interrupted like this.

forrest noble
2011-Jan-06, 02:13 AM
Yeah, same problem for me starting yesterday.

Spoons
2011-Jan-06, 02:36 AM
It seems improved for me today. I still get the same error messages, but at least the posts show when I refresh.

WaxRubiks
2011-Jan-06, 03:28 AM
when I asked for Earl Grey, hot, all I got was a cold cup of hot chocolate....I daren't use the transporter.

peter eldergill
2011-Jan-06, 03:37 AM
I got an error message, but checked later and my message was posted...

Pete

caveman1917
2011-Jan-06, 08:30 AM
Testing appearance of post...

ETA: seems to work again. Though the posts i made yesterday in the other thread still seem to be lost in the computational twilight zone. In fact, i can't see any replies (even though the forum overview says there have been) further than Tommac's two posts (which is when i replied and it wouldn't show). Apparently it got hang up at that point, and still does. Though others can see the posts i presume :s Could anyone confirm they can see further than post 30 (Tommac's) in the "board malfunction" thread?

astromark
2011-Jan-06, 08:38 AM
That seems to be the nub of it... It says no but means yes and when you are not watching will spill my coffee....
and for those who are attempting to repair this... THANKYOU.

JohnD
2011-Jan-06, 10:38 AM
It's still doing that for me.
Opening another window on BAUT shows that my post is up, but the original window still has my unsetn message.
John

jlhredshift
2011-Jan-06, 10:45 AM
The screen I see for S/T has not changed for two days, though there are posts that have been added that I can scroll to. Old threads that have been added to have not changed position.

Bummer!

And this is a test to see how it shows.

slang
2011-Jan-06, 10:52 AM
See also Board Issues: What we know. (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php/111432-Board-Issues-What-we-know.)

jlhredshift
2011-Jan-06, 10:52 AM
database error > refresh works to show post upon scrolling in S/T but does not move thread up in the que. But it does work, i.e. update, in this thread.

Odd.

I'll be patient and hopefull.

tommac
2011-Jan-06, 04:06 PM
just double do everything and it works ... the DB error is after the save of the post BTW.

kleindoofy
2011-Jan-06, 05:03 PM
just double do everything and it works ... the DB error is after the save of the post BTW.
Yes, the DB error is occuring after the post text is saved in the respective DB table.

But, no, don't "double do everything." The board is filling up with double and triple postings already.

When you get the DB error message, just hit "ok" or "cancel" and refresh the browser (usually F5, or /view/refresh, or something like that).

If anybody wants to read posts on a thread page that has been created since this situation started and isn't accessable via the normal buttons, just hit "reply to thread" and the latest posts become visible. Just don't submit the empty post unless you really have a reply: just hit another button and the unused post will disappear.

Spoons
2011-Jan-06, 05:14 PM
Could anyone confirm they can see further than post 30 (Tommac's) in the "board malfunction" thread?

I don't see any posts past tommac's post #30 on that thread either, just in case you were still wondering.

kleindoofy
2011-Jan-06, 05:23 PM
I don't see any posts past tommac's post #30 on that thread either, just in case you were still wondering.
Well, just start a new post in that thread and you'll see them all quoted below the post composition window.

The present situation is blocking the creation of display information for new thread pages.

a1call
2011-Jan-06, 06:38 PM

Try this:
*- Look on top > Forum Actions > General settings > set "Number of Posts to Show Per Page:" to 200 posts.

Spoons
2011-Jan-06, 06:41 PM
Well, just start a new post in that thread and you'll see them all quoted below the post composition window.

The present situation is blocking the creation of display information for new thread pages.
Ah, so any threads created once the database issue cropped up would be similarly affect?

ETA: And thanks for the suggestion, a1call, but just to save having to readjust the number of posts later I think I'll deal with it in the manner kleindoofy suggested while this issue persists.

Buttercup
2011-Jan-08, 03:57 PM
...checking to see if I can actually post or not...

swampyankee
2011-Jan-08, 04:18 PM
...checking to see if I can actually post or not...

You did. Now, did I?

Buttercup
2011-Jan-08, 05:00 PM
You did. Now, did I?

Yep, you did! :D