PDA

View Full Version : Birds dropping from the sky?!

Infinitenight2093
2011-Jan-06, 06:20 AM
I was not sure where to post this (please move if needed)

Whether or not you believe that birds dropping from the sky around the world is a sign of the apocalypse, this is a pretty frightening event. Why are these birds dropping dead? (so far, I believe, in Arkansas, LA, New Zealand, Sweden)
As well as birds, many thousands of fish are being reported dead without any apparent cause. Is there a curve to these deaths? Also, can I get some theories as to why this phenomena is taking place? (I don't buy into the story that they have all died due to loud fireworks).
Has anyone taken it upon themselves to study these dead animals and find out why they suddenly died?

Thanks!

Jens
2011-Jan-06, 06:47 AM
Whether or not you believe that birds dropping from the sky around the world is a sign of the apocalypse, this is a pretty frightening event. Why are these birds dropping dead? (so far, I believe, in Arkansas, LA, New Zealand, Sweden)
As well as birds, many thousands of fish are being reported dead without any apparent cause. Is there a curve to these deaths? Also, can I get some theories as to why this phenomena is taking place? (I don't buy into the story that they have all died due to loud fireworks).
Has anyone taken it upon themselves to study these dead animals and find out why they suddenly died?

I don't think anybody says they all died due to fireworks. But one of the events (I think the one in Arkansas) was due to fireworks. And the reason it is believed to be true is that people studied the dead animals and found they died of physical trauma, most likely crashing into the ground at high speed. So they were disoriented. Other events clearly had different causes.

Tom Servo
2011-Jan-06, 06:52 AM
I just saw this story on the news myself.

I Don't think its the apocolypse though.

The news caster said one theory was lightning strikes, then they started laughing on air at the thought of how large a bolt of lightning it would have to be.

Seems very weird to me.

Van Rijn
2011-Jan-06, 07:03 AM
This is being discussed in this S&T thread:

http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php/111214-Bird-amp-Fish-Deaths-quot-It-s-not-terribly-unusual.-quot

kleindoofy
2011-Jan-06, 05:21 PM
... Whether or not you believe that birds dropping from the sky around the world is a sign of the apocalypse, this is a pretty frightening event. ...
Well, I think it's pretty obvious that it's the Apocalypse.

If I were a deity and wanted to send a forebode of the preeminent destruction of the world, I would let a few thousand birds drop out of the sky is isolated areas around the planet. That sounds logical.

Of course, I, the deity, would have to rely on global news reports à la CNN, Reuters, and the internet to get the word spread, but deities can't be expected to take care of every detail all by themselves, can they?

I'll really get scared when some TV chef's soufflé collapses prematurely. Then we'll really know it's a sign that the end is nigh.

Jim
2011-Jan-06, 05:51 PM
Nonsense! Kirk Cameron has confirmed that this not a sign of The Apocalypse.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/05/kirk-cameron-dead-birds-arent-the-end-of-the-world/

NEOWatcher
2011-Jan-06, 08:23 PM
Nonsense! Kirk Cameron has confirmed that this not a sign of The Apocalypse.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/05/kirk-cameron-dead-birds-arent-the-end-of-the-world/
Oh my. You beat me to it.
I got that same one posted here (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php/111214-Bird-amp-Fish-Deaths-quot-It-s-not-terribly-unusual.-quot?p=1838130#post1838130) on the Bird & Fish Death thread.
But; I hope you give me the "get out of ToSeek free" card considering the state of the forum at this point.

Infinitenight2093
2011-Jan-06, 08:32 PM
I don't think anybody says they all died due to fireworks. But one of the events (I think the one in Arkansas) was due to fireworks. And the reason it is believed to be true is that people studied the dead animals and found they died of physical trauma, most likely crashing into the ground at high speed. So they were disoriented. Other events clearly had different causes.

Indeed, they had physical trauma but how can you directly relate that to them being disoriented? and even more so from fireworks? We love fireworks in America and while birds may not like the loud thumps, colors or bangs, they have not dropped from the sky in such large numbers before. I would be more inclined to believe the cause was related to the atmosphere, or something else natural such as a tornado or extreme cold.

R.A.F.
2011-Jan-06, 08:54 PM
...they have not dropped from the sky in such large numbers before.

Are you quite sure of that??

NEOWatcher
2011-Jan-06, 08:56 PM
Indeed, they had physical trauma but how can you directly relate that to them being disoriented?
They were observed flying into things at the celebration.

I would be more inclined to believe the cause was related to the atmosphere, or something else natural such as a tornado or extreme cold.
I would think that if there were a tornado or extreme cold, someone might have noticed that in the atmosphere.

Swift
2011-Jan-06, 09:09 PM
This is being discussed in this S&T thread:

http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php/111214-Bird-amp-Fish-Deaths-quot-It-s-not-terribly-unusual.-quot
Given the other discussion thread and the lack of a conspiracy, I'm closing this thread. I'm not going to attempt a merge given the current database problems.