PDA

View Full Version : Sound of the Big Bang

Sticks
2004-Apr-30, 06:37 PM
I could not find if this has been discussed here, but did anyone download that audio file of the alleged Big Bang, created by Professor John G Cramer, Professor of Physics, University of Washington

See this link for reference (http://faculty.washington.edu/jcramer/BBSound.html)

What did you make of it ?

For an exercise in geting to know Flash 5, (I have no idea what the latest version is - sorry :oops: ), I used part of it as a sound track.

I thought it was quite interesting.

ToSeek
2004-Apr-30, 06:55 PM
BOOM!!!

iFire
2004-Apr-30, 06:57 PM
They're on Flash 7 basically right now (I think that the player is on 6)... although they call teh authoring proggy Flash MX 2004... I read that MX means nothing...

Normandy6644
2004-Apr-30, 07:05 PM
BOOM!!!

Lol that's what I was thinking when i read the threat title.

George
2004-Apr-30, 10:08 PM
BOOM!!!

Ya think? :)

Please advise on the other primal events as follows (using Batman vernacular, of course)....

The inflation...

Recombination...

Type II Supernova...

Type 1A Supernova...

Blackholes colliding...

I suppose these are pretty much the drum section of the symphonic cosmos. Right? :)

somerandomguy
2004-Apr-30, 10:14 PM
Ohhh, me! Pick me!!

The inflation...

FWISHT!

Recombination...

SKLORP!

Type II Supernova...

WABOOM!

Type 1A Supernova...

PLAMMT!

Blackholes colliding...

SHWACKT!

...p.s., since it's the sound of the Big Bang we're talking here, shouldn't it go, um, BANG! 8-[

George
2004-Apr-30, 10:28 PM
Ohhh, me! Pick me!!

FWISHT!
SKLORP!
WABOOM!
PLAMMT!
SHWACKT!

Nice! Your color is pretty close too. Although SKLORP for recombination I thought would be orange since it was at 3000k supposedly. :) Still you get an "A".

...p.s., since it's the sound of the Big Bang we're talking here, shouldn't it go, um, BANG! 8-[

"Boom" is the time expanded version of "Bang". :)

Chip
2004-Apr-30, 11:19 PM
...ooOO*OOMMMMmm...

(* This is the part we can see.) :o

George
2004-May-01, 02:57 AM
...ooOO*OOMMMMmm...

(* This is the part we can see.) :o

=D>

Might also explain some Tibetan connections to the universe. :)

Just a nit...your crescendo from period to large "O" is slightly off scale. If inflation theory is right and your "." is the size of the universe at, roughly I think, t=10^-30 something, then the next 10^-30 something moment should be a little larger than "o". I don't know the font size, but it should be able to easily enclose the Milkway Galaxy! 8)

Chip
2004-May-01, 08:46 AM
Just a nit...your crescendo from period to large "O" is slightly off scale. If inflation theory is right and your "." is the size of the universe at, roughly I think, t=10^-30 something, then the next 10^-30 something moment should be a little larger than "o"...etc... 8)

OK (I won't quibble.) :wink: I had to go with the font sizes available so I guess it could be thought of as a symbolic representation, i.e. a little joke.

The Tibetan influence is one of those mystical things that just came about as a result of placing the "B" in "Boom" (i.e. the begining,) beyond our visual cosmic horizon. 8-[

Maksutov
2004-May-01, 10:47 AM
Adam West:

"Robin...I believe someone...someone has deciphered your manner...of speaking! The celestial implcations...of this...are...mind-boggling!"

Burt Ward:

"Holy Big Bang, Batman, that means someone's been reading my mind!"

Adam West:

"Yes..Robin...which means...we need to find someone with an...expanding universal translator! And who is very easily amused..."

Burt Ward:

"Holy Ultimate Questions, Batman! You mean?..."

Adam West:

"Yes, Robin...we..seek...the Cosmic Riddler! Quick, to the Bat-Hubble! Arthur, please play that Also Sprach Zarathustra record that's on the phonograph!"

(rumble in low C, trumpet intones C-G-C)

:wink:

George
2004-May-03, 02:50 PM
It's kind'a funny how mess'n around and being a little silly stirs some fruitful ideas.....

I don't recall reading about the color of the flash from recombination. If the 3000K temperature is right, then it should have been quite a magnificent ORANGE FLASH! 8)

The ultimate in orange "juice"!

Nowhere Man
2004-May-03, 04:01 PM
According to a friend, if you process the 3K background properly, it comes out as

At the tone, the time will be... zero... exactly.
Fred

Disinfo Agent
2004-May-03, 07:32 PM
You guys are all wrong. It was BANG!!!
Well, duh! :roll:

Mespo_Man
2004-May-03, 07:55 PM
...which begs the question.

If a Typa 1A Supernova event occurs and there is no one around to hear it, does it still make a noise?

The answer would be in the same philisophical realm as "if a tree falls in the forest..."

"HARD ABOUT Mr. Sulu. Get us out of here!"

(:raig

Disinfo Agent
2004-May-03, 07:56 PM

If a Typa 1A Supernova event occurs and there is no one around to hear it, does it still make a noise?
Perhaps not (there's no sound in space), but we sure would be able to see it. :wink:

George
2004-May-03, 11:15 PM

Perhaps not (there's no sound in space), but we sure would be able to see it. :wink:

True, but don't sell the cosmos short. You might could hear much if you could convert gravity waves (in theory).

Astrophysical theory predicts that a typical double star system with a pulsar would radiate gravitational waves at a frequency of about 1600 Hz.

here (http://www.physicscentral.com/action/action-02-8b.html)

cyswxman
2004-May-04, 12:12 AM
There was no sound, because there was no medium for the sound wave to travel in.

You all knew that [-X 8) :wink:

ToSeek
2004-May-04, 12:48 AM
There was no sound, because there was no medium for the sound wave to travel in.

You all knew that [-X 8) :wink:

Actually, I've heard it said that the present structure of the universe reflects the sound waves going through the matter of the universe shortly after the big bang.

Disinfo Agent
2004-May-04, 04:25 PM
Shock waves?

George
2004-May-04, 11:55 PM
Actually, I've heard it said that the present structure of the universe reflects the sound waves going through the matter of the universe shortly after the big bang.

This reminds of the thread regarding the Bb note found traveling through a galaxy. For some reason, my "search" function was acting up and I did not locate it. Figured you might remember. As I recall, no one really explained how that wave was propagating.

Could a 1600 HZ gravity wave be heard if amplified?