PDA

View Full Version : Weird looking rash on my forearm

Gamefreak89
2011-Jan-30, 09:21 PM
Ok I have this weird red rash on my forearm for about half a year now it has these little red bumps on the upper part of my forearm and on the bottom part they are grouped together in a circular pattern (Sort of). Every now and then they would show up as red bumps, at other times they would disappear and then show back up again days later. I can't tell what it exactly is its kind of weird.

kleindoofy
2011-Jan-30, 09:49 PM
Have you ever seen the movie Species?

Perikles
2011-Jan-30, 10:12 PM
It sounds like some kind of heat rash rather like I get sometimes. However, a friend of mine who was a doctor had the most disgusting book I have ever looked through entitled 'An Encyclopedia of Skin Diseases' and the differences between any of the diseases ranging from trivial to terminal were very difficult to detect. If d(rash)/dt is positive, I would consult a doctor.

John Jaksich
2011-Jan-30, 10:17 PM
It sounds like some kind of heat rash rather like I get sometimes. However, a friend of mine who was a doctor had the most disgusting book I have ever looked through entitled 'An Encyclopedia of Skin Diseases' and the differences between any of the diseases ranging from trivial to terminal were very difficult to detect. If d(rash)/dt is positive, I would consult a doctor.

I tend to agree--also---as unfortunate as it sometimes sounds---skin rashes can be indicative of something going on with the immune system.

Trebuchet
2011-Jan-30, 11:31 PM
Rather than be diagnosed by folks on a message board, see a doctor, and if possible get a referral to a dermatologist.

Gamefreak89
2011-Jan-31, 08:35 AM
Maybe I should wait just a while longer until I see something really serious happening because from time to time these red bumps show and then disappear. Of course its a process that repeats itself for days on end :D.

Moose
2011-Jan-31, 11:25 AM
Maybe I should wait just a while longer until I see something really serious happening because from time to time these red bumps show and then disappear. Of course its a process that repeats itself for days on end :D.

Here's how you tell: If your arm falls off at the shoulder at any time, or you die suddenly, it's serious and you need to consult your doctor immediately. If you don't, it's less serious. In this case, you only need to consult your doctor at first reasonable opportunity to do so.

Seriously, if it keeps coming back, something's up. It's worth getting that checked out. Better to know for certain that it's just a mild contact allergy to some household agent (or whatever) than never learn that it's potentially dangerous, but trivially treatable.

SeanF
2011-Jan-31, 02:37 PM
On the main BAUT, it shows the title of the thread with the most recent post in each subforum (which, when I logged in this morning, was this thread), but truncated.

This thread showed as "Weird looking rash on my..."

I was very relieved when I clicked through to OTB and saw that it was just your forearm. :)

That being said, I would agree with the others that you should ask a medical professional about it.

Gamefreak89
2011-Jan-31, 08:05 PM
I know but I'm a bit stubborn at times! I'd like to leave things be and let it go with the flow.

kleindoofy
2011-Jan-31, 09:21 PM
... stubborn ...
That's one word for it. There are others.

Jim
2011-Jan-31, 10:57 PM
I can understand your reluctance to see a doctor, though that is the best course to take. I would ask, however, that you keep your distance from the other Members until you can determine whether the rash is contagious.

The last thing BAUT needs is a virus.

swampyankee
2011-Jan-31, 11:18 PM
See a doctor. Mysterious rashes may be indicative of something serious, like, oh, cancer.

kleindoofy
2011-Jan-31, 11:26 PM
At my junior high (many, many years ago), the diagnosis would have been spontaneous, unanimous, and predictable: jungle rot.

swampyankee
2011-Feb-01, 03:16 AM
In my era -- the swinging 60s and free-love 70s the choice would have been a "social disease." I never had to worry. To get a social disease one needed a social life.

Gamefreak89
2011-Feb-01, 07:45 AM
lol That sounds like a mouth full :D.