PDA

View Full Version : UFO nonsense?

webplodder
2011-Mar-05, 12:11 PM
Are all UFOs attributable to either natural phenomena, misidentifications, mental aberrations, Chinese lanterns, birds, military flares, etc?

What about the the vast number of eye-witness, radar, photographic and video evidence that exists. Can it all be explained in rational terms?

LotusExcelle
2011-Mar-05, 04:03 PM
Most 'UFO' events DO have simple, mundane causes. Some remain unexplained. It really is that simple and drawing any conclusions from "unexplained" is a bit like saying "Well I didn't see a Ferrari in my garage so therefore I must own one."

Nowhere Man
2011-Mar-05, 06:19 PM
And don't forget, "unidentified" does not automatically make the flying object an alien spacecraft.

That kind of thinking is like, "I don't know what kind of car is in my garage, so it must be a Ferrari."

Fred

Gillianren
2011-Mar-05, 06:28 PM
Are all UFOs attributable to either natural phenomena, misidentifications, mental aberrations, Chinese lanterns, birds, military flares, etc?

What about the the vast number of eye-witness, radar, photographic and video evidence that exists. Can it all be explained in rational terms?

Yup. By natural phenomena, misidentifications, mental aberrations, Chinese lanterns, birds, military flares, etc. Or by "well, we just don't know what that was," which is a perfectly legitimate scientific standpoint when there is insufficient evidence involved. However, in every insufficient evidence case, it is best leaving the label "unknown," because it certainly isn't sufficient evidence for "alien spacecraft."

PetersCreek
2011-Mar-05, 06:38 PM
webplodder,

Please clarify where you see this thread going. Are you suggesting that a percentage of UFOs are of alien origin? If so, we'll need to move this thread to the CT forum.

Strike that. This thread is sure to wander to the CT side in one way or another and the CT forum allows for non-advocacy discussion of the subject anyway. Thread moved.

webplodder,

If you decide to advocate for the alien origin of UFOs, please be sure to read our rules, linked below in my signature line, especially rule 13 as it applies to the Conspiracy Theories forum. You might also read Conspiracy Theory Advice, also linked below.

caveman1917
2011-Mar-05, 06:44 PM

Funny enough, technically no. Since once it has been attributed to something it's not unidentified anymore.

webplodder
2011-Mar-05, 06:56 PM
Ok, I was going to present some serious discussion about this topic but I see this forum is so populated with trigger happy mods. that I don't see much point in posting here any further. It's difficult to exchange ideas with people who have conclusion-led ideas about UFOs or any other topic for that matter and usually such people have simply not researched the topic anyway. Perhaps I can find a more enlightened MB somewhere else. I must say that since posting here I have felt I was in some kind of virtual police state; what happened to freedom of speech? Goodbye.

captain swoop
2011-Mar-05, 08:23 PM
As the OP has decided to abandon the thread I am closing it. If he or anyone else wants it re opening report this post