PDA

View Full Version : Sky at Night, episode seven hundred

JohnD
2011-Mar-06, 11:31 PM
All,
I hope that it will be beamed to you who can't enjoy the BBC in its natural state, but tonight all UK sky fans will be tuned in to see No. 700 of The Sky at Night.

Dare I say it, a galaxy of astronomers and other stars are gathered in Sir Patrick's living room to pay tribute. Sort of festschrift, but hoping for much more from the great man.

Enjoy!

John

emmylou
2011-Mar-06, 11:46 PM
I have it taping as my nephew is playing on his PS3 sometimes it really sucks to share :( should be a great a show though can't wait to watch it :)

captain swoop
2011-Mar-07, 12:04 AM
Dr Brian Cox and Dr Brian May are guests. They should have a Jam lol.

Everyone mentions Cox being in D-Ream but before that he was in Dare the Metal band formed by Darren Wharton after Thin Lizzy split.

emmylou
2011-Mar-07, 12:14 AM
I mention him being part of CERN and my fav LHC detector ATLAS :P see I like to be different ;) oh and I love Dare he llok so good with long hair hahahaha :D no I am not obsessed I just take an interest :P

captain swoop
2011-Mar-07, 12:49 AM
80s Glam Metal 'perms' at their best.

emmylou
2011-Mar-07, 12:55 AM
80s Glam Metal 'perms' at their best.

HAHAHAHAHA no kidding \o/

KaiYeves
2011-Mar-08, 09:20 PM
Good on Sir Patrick! Here's to many more!

(Thought I was going to make a "Moore" pun there, didn't you?)

parallaxicality
2011-Mar-08, 09:22 PM
I've gone off Sir Patrick since I found out he doesn't like women holding down jobs.

captain swoop
2011-Mar-09, 12:45 PM
Neither did either of my Grandads, I never went off him.

Come to think of it neither did my Grandma.

JohnD
2011-Mar-21, 10:25 AM
Newton was a vindictive credit stealer.
Einstein was a cruel philanderer.
Brian Cox is hated by some of his students (and not just for looking younger than them)

Nobody's perfect, and we are all the product of our generation. Sir Patrick is 88 years old - he was born in 1923, only five years after women in the UK got the vote, but his attitude to working women may be more influenced by his personal history - his fiance was a nurse, killed in her ambulance in the Blitz.

John

parallaxicality
2011-Mar-21, 10:31 AM
My issue had more to do with this particular outburst (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6634255.stm)

Interestingly, he failed to mention what he thought of Top Gear. Or Frankie Boyle.