PDA

View Full Version : New 3D model of solar system and night sky

Mito111
2011-Mar-24, 02:33 PM
Hi, for all of you weve made new user-friendly interactive 3D model of solar system and night sky

http://www.solarsystemscope.com/ (requires flash)

Application in a simple way helps students and laymen to understand the movements of the planets and to recognize constellations.
For astronomers it also brings other interesting views and various settings.

It's free and without needing to install, so definitely try it :-)

Jim
2011-Mar-24, 03:44 PM
I tried this out and it's pretty impressive. The planets are not to scale, but the images are pretty. It also ids the background stars for you.

No ads, no request for funds, no virus/trojan attacks.

Swift
2011-Mar-25, 03:11 AM
That's very cool.

John Jaksich
2011-Mar-30, 10:14 AM
Mito111,

It is very cool---IMO---you might try to market it after all is said and done.:cool:

Very impressive!

Glom
2011-Mar-31, 06:56 PM
Looks good on an HD monitor. Would be nice if the planets could be set to scale though. Some of the views look freaky with distorted sizing.

Mito111
2011-May-27, 09:31 AM
We are happy to tell you that we have a new little model on our website

http://www.solarsystemscope.com/

called Season Scope - shows actual position of the Sun and the Moon for your location with lots of information:
sunrise, sunset, lenght of day, moon phase and more...
Your location will remain saved.

We hope you will find it interesting.

mikeg64
2011-May-27, 01:34 PM
Nice to play with on a friday afternoon!

adamtaylor
2011-May-27, 02:33 PM
just spent 20 minutes. As a Layman this will indeed prove useful

JackWindu
2011-May-27, 05:41 PM
Very Cool! I will show this to my kids when I get home.

Cougar
2011-Jun-02, 05:48 PM
Yes, pretty cool. Looks like Mercury, Venus, Mars, and Jupiter are all fairly close to alignment. Unfortunately, they're all very close to the Sun as well, so not very viewable.... except in this simulation.

Romanus
2011-Jun-02, 11:14 PM
I can't believe it took me this long to find this post, for--as others have already said--this is an exceptionally fine program, one that makes my "default" online orrery Solar System Live look like a cave painting. A simulation geek like me could waste hours on something like this; you should definitely market it. :)

loglo
2011-Jun-05, 07:44 AM
My only issue with it is there are no Australian cities in the Geolocator pull down box. Other than that its pretty sweet.

Mito111
2011-Sep-15, 04:06 AM
Hi,

After the success of SolarSystemScope we have launched a new Watch & Play model

http://www.sunmoonscope.com/

focused on the Sun and the Moon as they appear from the given location of the Earth surface:
- current position of the Sun, its trajectory, time and azimuth of sunrise and sunset
- moon phases, current position and trajectory of the Moon
- seasons, solstices and equinoxes in chart

But the most interesting part is to drag the model in time and watch changes during a day or year.
(polar day and night, analemma and situations on the equator are our favourite)

Enjoy it :-)

CJSF
2011-Sep-16, 03:52 PM
Astrology Scope coming soon? Why?

CJSF

CJSF
2011-Sep-16, 03:59 PM
I will note, though, that there IS an option to make the planets "true" sized. And it was almost impossible to find them in the heliocentric view! Very nice viewer!

CJSF

Mito111
2011-Dec-07, 05:32 PM
Hi,

We still continue to develop planets-related models (more on solarsystemscope.com)
but for Chrismas we have something special:

Can you imagine christmas wishes from people all over world in a single place?
Weve made the Neverending Book, that makes it possible.

www.christmas-wishes-book.com

You are welcome to write your wish or message for somebody you know, for the world or just for yourselfa
And together we can make a true christmas story.

Mito and Sunaeon team
creators of solarsystemscope.com